or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - BrandynNew

(this may be the end of my highly underlived mapping career)

Well, I finally got around to adding the bonfire sale script, not even the round-base I originally had a question on, and I receive the error:

Couldn't find the bsp for this map. Please build the fast file associated with maps/haashallacademy.d3dbsp and try again.

I don't know man. I'm just trying to have an above-average map with custom content. I just did exactly as you said. I don't try to be complicated. I'm sorry.
8 years ago
Looks great, thank you for the help and for the script.
8 years ago
Thanks man!

If I didn't want to require any easter egg, would I edit your script:

mask_kills_tracker()
{
while(1)
{
self waittill("zom_kill");
level notify ("got_a_mask_kill");
//iprintlnbold("got a kill");
}
}

hat_ee()
{
flag_wait( "all_players_connected" );
helmet1 = GetEnt( "helmet1", "targetname" );
helmet1_ta = GetEnt( helmet1.target, "targetname" );
helmet1_ta hide();
helmet1 SetCursorHint( "HINT_NOICON" );
helmet1 UseTriggerRequireLookAt();
kills = 150;                                    //kills required, feel free to edit
players = get_players();
   for (i = 0; i < players.size; i++)
      players thread mask_kills_tracker();
while(kills > 0)
   {
   level waittill("got_a_mask_kill");
   kills -=1;
   }
players = get_players();
   for (i = 0; i < players.size; i++)
      players playsound("laugh_child");         //play a sound to notify upon completion
helmet1_ta show();
helmet1 SetHintString( "Hold &&1 To Take" );         //the trigger will say this
while(1)
   {
   helmet1 waittill( "trigger", user );
   if (isdefined(user.hatModel))
   user detach( user.hatModel, "" );
   user.hatModel = "char_usa_marine_wet_helm1";      //this is the helmet model, should match the one in radiant
   user attach(user.hatModel);
   user iprintlnbold("+40 Percent Resistance To All Damage");   //says this when picked up
   }
}

To something like:

helmet1 SetHintString( "Hold &&1 To Take" );         //the trigger will say this
while(1)
   {
   helmet1 waittill( "trigger", user );
   if (isdefined(user.hatModel))
   user detach( user.hatModel, "" );
   user.hatModel = "char_usa_marine_wet_helm1";      //this is the helmet model, should match the one in radiant
   user attach(user.hatModel);
   user iprintlnbold("+40 Percent Resistance To All Damage");   //says this when picked up
   }
}

Thanks again!
8 years ago
Alrighty, thank you. Do I have to worry about FX errors and I believe I ran into a sound error as well last time? I am adding the thunder gun as well as the Scavenger, so it would be adding some FX, and overall I'm gonna add around 20 weapons and only keep 4 from WaW. That shouldn't pass the weapon limit, will it?
8 years ago
Hello, I recently came across FEARxReaper's Bonfire Sale script (http://www.zombiemodding.com/index.php?topic=18785.msg165524#msg165524) and was wanting to use it, but wanted to know if there was a way to set it to where it will only spawn past round 12 or something, you know, so people don't have PaP'ed Colts on round 3 that they got for 1000 points. Any help would be appreciated, his post didn't have a reply button at the bottom (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, I haven't figured out when it is avaliable.)
8 years ago
I know there is some kind of asset or FX limit that I will run into after I port something like 5 guns, so I would like to know how to "bypass" persay some of the stock WaW weapons and their PaP versions. I believe it might be as simple as adding a "\\" to some script, but I'm not sure which, if that is even it. Any help is appreciated, Thank You!!
8 years ago
Looks great! Haven't tried it yet, want to make sure I do everything correctly. Will get back to you soon. Thank you!!

Double Post Merge: October 24, 2016, 01:31:11 am
No good. I must've messed up bad.

ERROR: Sound alias file billie_jean.csv: missing 'name' and/or 'file' columns

---------------------------
   Errors

FILES:       18321
UPDATED:    4
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\HaasHallAcademy\mod.csv
     to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\zone_source\mod.csv
ERRORS:    20577
----------------------------

The song is Bilie Jean. The song is called Billie Jean in root/sound_assets/raw/sound. My soundalias is named billie_jean. Help?
8 years ago
I downloaded the UGX Jukebox with the intent to add custom songs. However, the Wiki said "Later we will have a page which teaches you all about converting sounds and creating soundaliases - but until then, you're on your own." The topic was last updated March 8. Unless I'm not looking in the wrong place, I don't see a tutorial to add custom songs as of now. Any help is appreciated.
8 years ago
Just try starting the map again, it's a common error.
Thank you, I simply re-launched the map and it worked.
8 years ago
I downloaded Cheese Cube Unlimited today, and when I tried to launch it and play it, I receive the error message:

Hunk_AllocateTempMemoryHigh: failed on 1635084147 bytes (total 10 MB, high 1559 MB)

Many sites suggested changing my amount of "hunkmegs". I, however, am unsure of how to do this. If anyone could help me in changing my hunkmegs or of any other ways of solving this dilemma. Thank you.
8 years ago
Thank you very much for the link, I went to his channel and he has a whole series on it as well. However, I would like to verify that his link is ALL of what is necessary. When I previously had my mod tools, I believe I downloaded an incomplete file folder, for I kept receiving errors for missing files. If I could have Treminaor respond and give his opinion, I would greatly appreciate it. Don't get me wrong, GreatGamer, I appreciate you very much and you did help me a lot.
8 years ago
I previously had mod tools installed and got a fairly-decent map completed. However, I would like to ramp it up and make that map better, with ported guns and scripts and such. I recently purchased a new, better computer, and would like mod tools on that. I honestly forgot where I initially downloaded my mod tools from, but I would like to download the mod tools from a trusted source where I know I will have a complete set and everything I need. When Googling "UGX Modtools", the second link takes you to https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Modtools+Installation+Guide. I would like to know if these are the correct and full set of mod tools. Thank you for your time.
8 years ago
RIP Stevie.
8 years ago
Craziest thing I've seen all day man!!! Looks incredible!
8 years ago
Yup. It works now.

Thank you for correcting it.
Absolutely!
8 years ago
Loading ...