Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
dubmeister's Groups
dubmeister's Contact & Social Linksdubmeister01
So, I'm trying to compile my first map. It's literally just a room with a couple of thin windows to look like a bunker. I set up lights, spawn points, the reflection cube things, all of that. But I was of course having issues doing the very first compile. Started off giving me the error "Access to 'x' is denied" y'know. So I ran as administrator, and figured out the images.iwd file was set to Read-Only. Now finally trying to compile again, but I'm still hitting a roadblock.

Everything in Launcher says its fine, but I keep getting a "Steam Error" Application load error 5:0000065434
When I hit okay, nothing happens and I can't run my map to see how it looks in game.

My current theory is that it could have something to do with the player spawn locations? But I have no experience with this tool at all. They are all moved up above the floor, no spawn areas are clipping through. But still, have no real indication from the program what is wrong other than that error
broken avatar :(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 15 November 2018
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Morrow's Groups
Morrow's Contact & Social Linksaltas2

found this:
“Application Load Error 5:0000065434” tends to occur if the game installation is not in the same folder as the Steam installation.

This has nothing to do with your map,
try reinstalling the game and see if it works.

or try this:
you can fix this error by linking the game files to Steam using Command Prompt or placing a copy of Steam.exe in the game's destination folder.

Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 12:10:58 am by Morrow

Loading ...