UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: ProGamerzFTW on July 01, 2015, 11:20:49 pm

Title: Ignore, figured out the issue.
Post by: ProGamerzFTW on July 01, 2015, 11:20:49 pm
I'm trying to make a looping FX move from joint A to joint B, disappear and go from joint A to B again repeatedly. How would I do this with script? :) Thanks for the help.

Edit: This is not for a gun.
Title: Re: FX moving between two joints.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 02, 2015, 12:19:35 am
easiest way, spawn a struct, play the fx on it, have it in a loop that makes it move, then reset its position and repeat the loop

ideally this should all be done in the fx itself tho
Post by: ProGamerzFTW on July 02, 2015, 12:42:05 am
easiest way, spawn a struct, play the fx on it, have it in a loop that makes it move, then reset its position and repeat the loop

ideally this should all be done in the fx itself tho

Well what I'm trying to do is a bit more than just that.

I'm working on an animated mystery box and trying to make a light fx always move between two FX joints on it to give it a more futuristic feel to it.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 02, 2015, 12:57:31 am
? you just asked the same question again?

any fx can be lined up to a model, if you dont wanna do it that way then spawn an invisible model (or struct), play the fx on that, and move it in a loop?
Post by: ProGamerzFTW on July 02, 2015, 01:06:44 am
? you just asked the same question again?

any fx can be lined up to a model, if you dont wanna do it that way then spawn an invisible model (or struct), play the fx on that, and move it in a loop?

Well I don't want to spawn it and line it up with the model, I just wanna know how do I move it to a specific joint on a model with joints WITHOUT the need to spawning script_structs/script_origins or invisible models. I got the fx to spawn on one joint via

Code Snippet
Plaintext
		fx_origin = box getTagOrigin("tag_arrow_l");
fxObj = spawn( "script_model", fx_origin );
fxobj setmodel( "tag_origin" );
playfxontag( level._effect["mysterybox_ls"], fxObj, "tag_origin" );

I just need the function to make the fx to move to another joint, lets say, tag_arrow_r.

Edit: if you mean spawn like you seen in this script, woops, lol, not sure how to move it though

Edit2: Nevermind, figured it out. :)