UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: NaviLlicious on October 28, 2014, 02:07:00 am

Title: How to disable gibbing?
Post by: NaviLlicious on October 28, 2014, 02:07:00 am
I am trying to port a character model from BO2 and make It a zombie model and I am also trying to make some of the marine raider models zombies for my map, I got the models In and working as zombies but whenever you shoot off the limbs they revert back to the original zombie models, for the marine raiders I have setup the character file with the gibs and the xmodelaliases, not sure what I am doing wrong exactly under there, and for the BO2 model It didn't have any gibbed models so how do I disable gibbing for these character models?
Title: Re: How to disable gibbing?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 28, 2014, 06:49:11 am
I had this issue.

I made a seperate honorguard aliases for each type of zombie. As the array function seems to randomly pick, irrespective of what model was being used previously

Post by: MakeCents on October 28, 2014, 02:06:18 pm
I am trying to port a character model from BO2 and make It a zombie model and I am also trying to make some of the marine raider models zombies for my map, I got the models In and working as zombies but whenever you shoot off the limbs they revert back to the original zombie models, for the marine raiders I have setup the character file with the gibs and the xmodelaliases, not sure what I am doing wrong exactly under there, and for the BO2 model It didn't have any gibbed models so how do I disable gibbing for these character models?

there is gibbing is in zombiemode_spawner. Never tried to disable it but I did make things gib that normally don't, such as MOD_UNKNOWN for some of my traps. Not sure if that will help but there is a function it checks if the zombie should gib and returns true if it should, based on MOD, I think. You may be able to change them to false to stop gibbing?

P.S. This idea sounds cool. Good luck with it.
Post by: jei9363 on October 28, 2014, 03:42:36 pm
in _zombiemode_spawner.gsc

Code Snippet
Plaintext
self thread zombie_gib_on_damage();

Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(!isDefined(self.dontGib) || !self.dontGib)

but people will probably complain

set self.dontGib to true in the character file.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 28, 2014, 09:04:31 pm
They might, but if he isnt using zombie models, it could make sense ;)
Post by: NaviLlicious on November 14, 2014, 05:40:59 am
in _zombiemode_spawner.gsc

Code Snippet
Plaintext

Code Snippet
Plaintext

but people will probably complain

set self.dontGib to true in the character file.
Sorry for the late reply been busy, I tried putting that In zombiemode_spawner but the zombies are still being gibbed
Post by: MakeCents on November 14, 2014, 01:27:04 pm
Sorry for the late reply been busy, I tried putting that In zombiemode_spawner but the zombies are still being gibbed

To stop gibbing completely you only need to add return false; in the should gib function. What he was doing was trying to give you an option to make it that if self.dontGib was not defined and/or it was not true then gib the zombies, but otherwise don't gib. To test that you can simply add self.dontGib = true; before the self thread zombie_gib_on_damage(); like this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
self.dontGib = true;

With that you can define which zombies to gib if you can define "dontGib" for each zombie.
Post by: jei9363 on November 14, 2014, 03:01:36 pm
should just be

Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(!isDefined(self.dontGib))
Post by: MakeCents on November 14, 2014, 03:13:58 pm
should just be

Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(!isDefined(self.dontGib))

If he doesn't define dontGib for true and false conditions for each model, then yes. But if he defines it for all spawners then that will backfire. That is why I thought you did it the way you did it. Technically you could just put:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(!self.dontGib)
which would gib on any dontGib atributes not defined and false.
Post by: NaviLlicious on November 14, 2014, 09:39:51 pm
Ah gotcha that got It working and when insta kill Is on only the heads pop off which Is perfect thanks guys! Now I just need to figure out how to get the BO perks working again

Double Post Merge: November 15, 2014, 06:21:56 am
May have prematurely marked best answer D: so I put
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(!self.dontGib)
In _zombiemode_spawner and I put selt.dontGib = true; In my character file but the models under that character file still gib
Post by: MakeCents on November 16, 2014, 10:24:59 pm
In _zombiemode_spawner and I put selt.dontGib = true; In my character file but the models under that character file still gib

Did you only have the typo here? self, not selt... You can add a print statement to check, something like in the zombie_death_even(zombie) script you could put iprintlnbold(zombie.dontGib, " dont gib"); before the zombie waittill( "death" ); to see.
Post by: NaviLlicious on November 17, 2014, 03:30:21 am
Did you only have the typo here? self, not selt... You can add a print statement to check, something like in the zombie_death_even(zombie) script you could put iprintlnbold(zombie.dontGib, " dont gib"); before the zombie waittill( "death" ); to see.
Oh I typed that wrong on here It's self.dontGib = true; In my character file under
Code Snippet
Plaintext
self.gibSpawnTag4 = "J_Knee_LE";
and the script above In my zombiemode_spawner.gsc but I added the iprintinbold to see what It says In game

After putting In the iprintinbold I didn't see anything written In game so I figured I would put what I have down In here this Is what I have In my character.gsc before the precache part of course
Code Snippet
Plaintext
main()
{
codescripts\character::setModelFromArray(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_bodyalias::main());
self.headModel = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_headalias::main());
self attach(self.headModel, "", true);
// self.hatModel = "char_usa_raider_helm1";
// self attach(self.hatModel);
self.gearModel = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_gearalias::main());
self attach(self.gearModel, "", true);
self.voice = "american";
self.torsoDmg1 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_upclean";
// self.torsoDmg2 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_rarmoffalias::main());
// self.torsoDmg3 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_larmoffalias::main());
// self.torsoDmg4 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_torsoalias::main());
// self.torsoDmg5 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_behead";
// self.legDmg1 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_lowclean";
// self.legDmg2 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_rlegoffalias::main());
// self.legDmg3 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_llegoffalias::main());
// self.legDmg4 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_legsoffalias::main());
// self.gibSpawn1 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_rarmspawn";
// self.gibSpawnTag1 = "J_Elbow_RI";
// self.gibSpawn2 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_larmspawn";
// self.gibSpawnTag2 = "J_Elbow_LE";
// self.gibSpawn3 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_rlegspawn";
// self.gibSpawnTag3 = "J_Knee_RI";
// self.gibSpawn4 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_llegspawn";
// self.gibSpawnTag4 = "J_Knee_LE";
self.dontGib = true;
}
and this Is the small part of the zombiemode_spawner.gsc
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//	self add_to_spectate_list();
self random_tan();
self set_zombie_run_cycle();
self thread zombie_think();
if(!self.dontGib)
self thread zombie_damage_failsafe();
Post by: MakeCents on November 17, 2014, 08:49:58 pm
I can look at a _zombiemode_spawner.gsc tonight.

P.S. I know a lot of people that write code that way but it is easier to trouble shoot, I think, if you use your brackets.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
    if(!self.dontGib){
    }

Then you don't wonder about your indentation or whatever. Totally up to you.

Double Post Merge: November 18, 2014, 01:37:46 am
Here is how I tested this. I used the Instant Five zombies (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2255.0) from jei9363's dl. I edited the char_ger_honorguard_zombies.gsc to include:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
self.dontGib = true;

Then in zombiemode_spawner.gsc in the zombie_spawn_init( animname_set ) function I put:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	self random_tan(); 
self set_zombie_run_cycle();
self thread zombie_think();
if(!self.dontGib){
iprintlnbold("gonna gib");//delete when working
zombie_shader = "specialty_fastreload_zombies"; //delete when working
}
else{//delete when working
iprintlnbold("not gonna gib");//delete when working
zombie_shader = "specialty_juggernaut_zombies";//delete when working
}//delete when working
self.waypoint = NewClientHudElem(get_players()[0]);//delete when working
self.waypoint setShader(zombie_shader,64,64);//delete when working
self.waypoint setWaypoint( true, zombie_shader);//delete when working
self.waypoint SetTargetEnt(self);//delete when working
self.waypoint.alpha = .8;//delete when working

// self thread zombie_gib_on_damage();
self thread zombie_damage_failsafe();
(Another piece ^ from  jei9363)
Then as they spawned it printed whether or not that zombie was going to gib and added a jugg icon if they were not going to gib and a fast reload icon if then would.