UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Tutorial Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: isaacscott935 on June 04, 2018, 05:58:31 pm

Title: Permanent FOV in custom map
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 04, 2018, 05:58:31 pm
Hey :D

I always play zombies with a 90 FOV but the default script is set to 65.
This is a quick tutorial, but it's good because you don't have to keep typing "cg_fov 90" in the console.

So, go to \root\raw\maps\_zombiemode.gsc , or go to \mapname\maps\_zombiemode.gsc (if you have it).
Around line 1020, there is a line that says "cg_fov",  "65"
Change that to 90, or any FOV of your choice (max FOV is 160 without T4M but with T4M the max is 90)

That's it. You don't need to compile your map, just save the script and hit build mod in your launcher. Make sure everything is ticked.

NOTE: Changing this script in just your \mapname\maps folder will only have the permanent FOV on that map. To have this on all zombie maps, including the stock Treyarch ones, edit the script in \root\raw\maps.
Title: Re: Permanent FOV in custom map
Post by: cpt_johnson1 on August 29, 2018, 02:46:52 am
Thanks for the tutorial! I've been looking for something like this.  :)
Title: Re: Permanent FOV in custom map
Post by: gympie6 on August 29, 2018, 09:12:26 am
Hey :D

I always play zombies with a 90 FOV but the default script is set to 65.
This is a quick tutorial, but it's good because you don't have to keep typing "cg_fov 90" in the console.

So, go to \root\raw\maps\_zombiemode.gsc , or go to \mapname\maps\_zombiemode.gsc (if you have it).
Around line 1020, there is a line that says "cg_fov",  "65"
Change that to 90, or any FOV of your choice (max FOV is 160 without T4M but with T4M the max is 90)

That's it. You don't need to compile your map, just save the script and hit build mod in your launcher. Make sure everything is ticked.

NOTE: Changing this script in just your \mapname\maps folder will only have the permanent FOV on that map. To have this on all zombie maps, including the stock Treyarch ones, edit the script in \root\raw\maps.

The only point could be that if the user already has that script in his mods It could be it won't be updated.
That's something to check out.