UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: elijah4001 on October 23, 2016, 08:58:09 am

Title: How do I fix the hand models messing up when i place my animations into maya?
Post by: elijah4001 on October 23, 2016, 08:58:09 am
So when I have my gun and hand models all placed properly and done, when I drag my idle animation into maya the hand models mess up when they try to hold the gun. What am I doing wrong here?

http://imgur.com/a/waWjS (http://imgur.com/a/waWjS)
Title: Re: How do I fix the hand models messing up when i place my animations into maya?
Post by: elijah4001 on October 24, 2016, 04:04:11 pm
Ive even tried using multiple other guns with no success so I dont know if its something wrong on my part or its maya itself, it seems more something ive done but ive followed tutorials exactly how they do it and I still end up with the same result
Title: Re: How do I fix the hand models messing up when i place my animations into maya?
Post by: DeletedUser on October 24, 2016, 07:02:35 pm
Have you been using JBirds tutorials?
Post by: elijah4001 on October 24, 2016, 07:04:46 pm
Have you been using JBirds tutorials?
Yes I have, and then when I go to place my idle animation on that happens, so im clueless
Post by: DeletedUser on October 25, 2016, 01:49:09 am
Hm. Odd, whenever I follow his tutorials they all end up fine, except problems that are just user error
Post by: Taven on October 25, 2016, 03:14:52 am
I have had this issue before. I cant recall how I fixed it. What process do you go through while setting up the gun and the anims.
Post by: elijah4001 on October 25, 2016, 07:38:10 am
I have had this issue before. I cant recall how I fixed it. What process do you go through while setting up the gun and the anims.
Well for the m1911 there wasn't a mag, so I just used the model for the gun itself, and then did the world model. I placed the Jessica hand model thing on the view model and put that on the right hand, I put the script on to make everything _p7 I think it was. But literally everything jbird did. Except the mag part
Post by: elijah4001 on October 25, 2016, 08:01:43 am
oh and I forgot to say I bounded the viewmodel of the gun and the world model, but yea I followed it step by step apart from all the mag bits, and I even tried porting the mp5 but yet again it does the same thing, so it could be user error on something im doing, but Im sure ive done it exactly how he does it
Post by: killer_xd on October 25, 2016, 10:18:13 am
it happened to me when I forgot to use the "renameRig.mel" script
Post by: elijah4001 on October 25, 2016, 05:08:05 pm
it happened to me when I forgot to use the "renameRig.mel" script
Well I used that, so it can't be that, I mean I'll look tomorrow when I can get on my computer
Post by: ItsJasonn on October 25, 2016, 05:27:37 pm
Are you using the right animation for the right weapon? I tried using a cz75 pistol animation for a colt1911 pistol and that messed it up. So I found the right colt1911 animation and it worked for me. Well.... it works in Maya. Not in-game for me :p
Post by: elijah4001 on October 26, 2016, 11:04:41 am
Yes I am using the right animations for the gun, I just really do not see my issue, if that guy who posted earlier remembers what he did to stop it since he had the same issue I should be great