UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: ProGamerzFTW on October 03, 2016, 08:08:42 am

Title: Editing Raw GSC Files
Post by: ProGamerzFTW on October 03, 2016, 08:08:42 am
So I've copied _zm_magicbox.gsc into the script folder in usermaps/mapname/zm/scripts and added scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/_zm_magicbox.gsc to my zone but no changes are being made after linking.

Is there anything I may be doing wrong?
Title: Re: Editing Raw GSC Files
Post by: reckfullies on October 03, 2016, 08:22:39 am
I'm not sure if this is completely correct but, when i've been making custom scripts I put them in share/raw/scripts/custom and it reads them fine there.

Could be that it only reads from the raw/scripts and not usermaps/zm_mapname/scripts.
Post by: ProGamerzFTW on October 03, 2016, 08:30:24 am
I'm not sure if this is completely correct but, when i've been making custom scripts I put them in share/raw/scripts/custom and it reads them fine there.

Could be that it only reads from the raw/scripts and not usermaps/zm_mapname/scripts.

The weird thing is that even changes to the raw/scripts one doesn't change anything
Post by: reckfullies on October 03, 2016, 08:41:02 am
The weird thing is that even changes to the raw/scripts one doesn't change anything

What are you trying to change? Could be something that isn't able to be changed or just doesn't work.
Post by: killer2r2 on October 17, 2016, 10:35:23 am
I'm having a similar problem with a different script (_zm_pack_a_punch.gsc). Even just adding a few simple "iprinln" lines won't appear when running the map.
Post by: reckfullies on October 17, 2016, 06:42:04 pm
I'm having a similar problem with a different script (_zm_pack_a_punch.gsc). Even just adding a few simple "iprinln" lines won't appear when running the map.

You currently can not edit stock script files in any way in the beta.(I have heard of certain ones working but I can't confirm that)
Post by: gabriex555 on October 17, 2016, 08:58:28 pm
I managed to edit quick revive file. Just copied it to /usermaps/mapname/scripts/zm/_zm_perk_quick_revive and added
Code Snippet
Plaintext
scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/_zm_perk_quick_revive.gsc
to the zone file.