UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => General => Content Reviews => Topic started by: XEcW22 on February 07, 2016, 11:57:29 pm

Title: [35/40] Das Herrenhaus - Custom zombies at it finest, Unbelievable 1st map!
Post by: XEcW22 on February 07, 2016, 11:57:29 pm
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FSIY9HQr.png&hash=222f61d3482fa6b9c04a7c4d22a9d69ec0716a35)
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FXjaSyHQ.png&hash=b99afa48cec49d5ea0da55024793bc13161ca4ec)

First of all, let me start off by saying for a first map, the detail is unbelievable! For a first map this is really REALLY good. This would be a great map for a third or fourth map, this a Numero UNO. Anyway let me talk about detail, which is amazing for a first map. The textures, models, environment, and backround music all blend together to a tee! It feels great, everything looks and feels amazing! I feel like it is one of the best atmospheres of all custom maps, and at least in the top 10 best atmospheres on all zombie maps iv'e ever played.

Next Custom content: Again for a first map, amazing! With a major EE, and secondary EE for some Wonder Weapons, buildables, and custom PAP camo, this map is loaded from top to bottom with tons of cool and fun custom content that will keep this map fun and different every time you get on it. Only thing I really didn't love 100% was the weapons, they were decent but felt stale after a while. Another thing I would like to point out is that this map is CHALLENGING!! It is a challenge right from the get-go and was a challenge all the way through. For newer players this is going to be a tough pill to swallow as I have completed all EE on all Treyarch maps and still this map was tough for me, defiantly a good challenge though as when I died partway through the EE I still felt like going at it a second time.

This leads me right into my next point, Replayability. This map has some really great replay value and has a great flow which always brings me back with a new energy to play this map again. It has a great feel and plays good while it it has a  top of the line zombie feel and for me. BUT the weapons aren't 100% on key and frankly kind of stale which brings it down a little. But overall, is bringing me back for some more.

For Fun-Scale, It is really good! For experienced players  ;). As for newer players/noobs it is horrible. This goes back to the difficulty thing, it's tough man!! If you can't clutch your way out of a corner or two, this map is really not fun at all as you'll be dying on round 8 or 10 if you don't get a Ray Gun and and a good AR on your first couple box pulls. Perks are hard to come by, which also adds to the challenge. But as an seasoned zombie player, this map is a blast! I really enjoyed it and with a couple friends this is just a all-round great time. Sitting down and slaying some un-dead on this beautiful map is a great time.

Overall Rating for Das Herrenhaus:
Level of Detail: 9/10
Custom Content: 8/10
Fun Scale: 9/10
Replayability: 9/10

Overall Score: 35/40

Download
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9998.0.html (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9998.0.html)

Final notes:
With a great feel, flow, environment, and textures this a great map and is defiantly worth a download. Play with some friends, play by your self, go for a high round, or go for the EE, this map is a blast either way you put it and is a great piece of custom-mappery :D
Title: Re: Das Herrenhaus - Custom zombies at it finest, Unbelievable 1st map!
Post by: treminaor on February 08, 2016, 12:01:11 am
Remember to put the score in the topic title like the other reviewers have.
Post by: Xperience on February 08, 2016, 12:07:49 am
About time someone reviewed this map ;) Gotta admit, amazing map and a ton of fun for sure. Really loved the textures and it was decently difficult. Nice review  :D
Post by: XEcW22 on February 08, 2016, 12:10:37 am
Thanks man, had a fun time writing it ;)
About time someone reviewed this map ;)
Agreed, when I was thinking about a map to review I was shocked no one did this one so I gave it a shot
Post by: RadimaX on February 08, 2016, 12:53:37 am
Custom Content: 8/10 ..just curious - What custom conted did it need to have for a 9?
Post by: HitmanVere on February 08, 2016, 12:55:08 am
Custom Content: 8/10 ..just curious - What custom conted did it need to have for a 9?

Judging from community, less stock weapons and more custom ones
Post by: XEcW22 on February 08, 2016, 01:04:42 am
Ya, exactly what hitman said, the weapons are what brought it down. A couple more custom weapons and would have easily been a nine.
Post by: RadimaX on February 08, 2016, 02:21:45 am
so a map with only world at war weapons would be a 0/10? i thought this was a MAPreview not a GUNreview...
Post by: XEcW22 on February 08, 2016, 02:43:27 am
so a map with only world at war weapons would be a 0/10? i thought this was a MAPreview not a GUNreview...
No as long as they had other custom content. If you had UGX Requiem but with stock weapons, that would probably be a 6/10 7/10 because it has so much other custom content. It just affects the CUSTOM CONTENT section slightly. Notice how i rated other sides of the map with other features, which all combines making it a full map review. Not just a one part of the map review, just because the Custom content is down 1 point because the weapons were not that amazing, doesn't mean it's a gun review. Also, things like weapons go into the map flow which affects the maps play, so if the weapons are bringing it down and make the game-play not as fun, it is important to include that in the review.
Post by: NeutronStars on February 08, 2016, 03:30:24 am
I must say, this map is phenomenal. I'm glad you posted this, I've played it for like the past hour or so.
Post by: XEcW22 on February 08, 2016, 03:57:11 am
I must say, this map is phenomenal. I'm glad you posted this, I've played it for like the past hour or so.
Good to know, thanks for reading the review :D
Post by: Exofile on February 08, 2016, 07:55:31 am
So you're telling us, to remove any aspect of WaW, from WaW, to get the best score we can achieve in Custom Content? Sure, let me go recreate an entire game. :please: There will always be aspects of WaW in the mods, one way or another.
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 08, 2016, 08:53:25 am

IDK how it works either, because my map has almost NOTHING from WAW but it only got a 9.

What I am more confused about is why the detail wasn't a 10. I guess the reviewer would give Kino Der Toten a 6 and Verruckt a 4 then. ;D
Post by: RadimaX on February 08, 2016, 09:07:05 am
I would love to se him review Nacht der untoten then 2/40?
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 08, 2016, 09:20:46 am
I would love to se him review Nacht der untoten then 2/40?

Post by: Scobalula on February 08, 2016, 09:34:50 am
Map is easily, if not greater than 3arc maps I've seen, I would have given it 40/40, guns don't make a map, have you not forgotten the other content in the map?

The detail is the best I've seen out of anyone on this site, and the fun scale and re-playablity is so high. 2 low score 4 me
Post by: sevengpluke on February 08, 2016, 10:43:58 am
Map is easily, if not greater than 3arc maps I've seen, I would have given it 40/40, guns don't make a map, have you not forgotten the other content in the map?

The detail is the best I've seen out of anyone on this site, and the fun scale and re-playablity is so high. 2 low score 4 me

I would've given it a 40/40 as well. This map is amazing :D
Post by: Exofile on February 08, 2016, 11:28:38 am
I would've given it a 40/40 as well. This map is amazing :D

I find this quite often. People saying a great map, like Leviathan, Project C, Das Herrenhaus deserves a 40/40.
In my opinion, it should be something to motivate you, don't just give people 40/40. You want to strive to work harder and harder to make better content with higher quality, and if someone tells you you're 40/40, you don't need to work much harder. No matter how good you are, always work to achieve greater results!  8)
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 08, 2016, 11:50:41 am
I find this quite often. People saying a great map, like Leviathan, Project C, Das Herrenhaus deserves a 40/40.

I think Leviathan and Das Herrenhaus deserve 40/40 tbh.
Post by: Exofile on February 08, 2016, 11:53:54 am
I think Leviathan and Das Herrenhaus deserve 40/40 tbh.

I love the maps, fantasticly well made, but I don't think anything deserves 40/40. In my opinion, it should be a goal you strive to achieve, to push yourself to work harder and better.  ;)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on February 08, 2016, 12:00:27 pm
theres a lot of things i wanna say about this but i shall not

But i will point out the obvious, half the "custom content" has not even had a mention at all ( traps, bosses, the custom WW etc )

Yet the "guns" got several mentions solely for being stale, despite it being perfectly in fitting with the map...

Ofc im not telling you to change your score or opinion on this - it is your own - but i think this is proper unfair :(
Post by: Exofile on February 08, 2016, 12:03:59 pm
theres a lot of things i wanna say about this but i shall not

But i will point out the obvious, half the "custom content" has not even had a mention at all ( traps, bosses, the custom WW etc )

Yet the "guns" got several mentions solely for being stale, despite it being perfectly in fitting with the map...

Ofc im not telling you to change your score or opinion on this - it is your own - but i think this is proper unfair :(

People should look with a more wider perspective on everything the map has to offer. Maybe you're not much into using traps, but try it out. Maybe you don't like bosses, but try to see the pro's in it, not just the con's. It's the Reviewer's opinion on it, but I feel it's at least decent to try everything out, instead of including the things you felt should've been included.
Post by: RadimaX on February 08, 2016, 12:06:34 pm
i was going to say the GUNS not being "good" is personal opinion (yet there are custom ones if you havent got them yet) but did you do easteregg? did you notice nova crawlers? did you see custom scripted boss not crawler? did you see the traps made custom for the map? did you know there is buildable tables around the map? and i havent even discovered it all despite beta testing it for months... im just wondering if this things are the 8 points or is something left out? i dont think it needs a ROUND COUNTER and BUYABLE ending for the full 10 points but then again im not a reviewer so...
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 08, 2016, 12:08:56 pm
im not a reviewer so...

..your opinion is invalid. You have no idea what it takes to make a good map Radimax so just be quiet until you gain the skills to become a map reviewer. :please:
Post by: RadimaX on February 08, 2016, 12:10:34 pm
yeah it takes years to master it stevie i got no chance, but concidering my next map will have 50% or less features of das herrenhause its doomed to be below 20/40 score so might aswell cancel it before its to late  :lol:
Post by: Scobalula on February 08, 2016, 12:22:00 pm
In my opinion, it should be something to motivate you, don't just give people 40/40. You want to strive to work harder and harder to make better content with higher quality, and if someone tells you you're 40/40, you don't need to work much harder. No matter how good you are, always work to achieve greater results!  8)

So you're saying, even if a map deserves 40/40, we still shouldn't give it 40/40? Logic? :poker:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on February 08, 2016, 12:32:37 pm
So you're saying, even if a map deserves 40/40, we still shouldn't give it 40/40? Logic? :poker:
yea i dont get it either

giving it a top score doesnt mean - your done now, go home

means you did extremely well, and will need to work just as hard on your next project
Post by: Exofile on February 08, 2016, 12:46:50 pm

No no, you've got it all wrong here. I feel there are maps that definetly DESERVE 40/40. But it's like this: You get 39/40, that tells you that damn, I should work harder on my next work, to gain that 40/40. A motivation per say. Getting 40/40 doesn't mean you're done, obviously? But it's better for you, the creator, that want to make the best content you possibly can, to hear that, you know, maybe adding more work into this will be benefitial? It's just a way to tell the creators that that they should work harder. That's how I see it. Rating is more than just this though, it gives a general idea of how good the map is from a certain point of view. I apologize if I did not phrase this in a way that was sufficient enough for you to understand how I see it. ;)
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 08, 2016, 12:50:57 pm
No no, you've got it all wrong here. I feel there are maps that definetly DESERVE 40/40. But it's like this: You get 39/40, that tells you that damn, I should work harder on my next work, to gain that 40/40. A motivation per say. Getting 40/40 doesn't mean you're done, obviously? But it's better for you, the creator, that want to make the best content you possibly can, to hear that, you know, maybe adding more work into this will be benefitial? It's just a way to tell the creators that that they should work harder. That's how I see it. Rating is more than just this though, it gives a general idea of how good the map is from a certain point of view. I apologize if I did not phrase this in a way that was sufficient enough for you to understand how I see it. ;)

So on the reviewers part, they think the map deserves 40/40, but because they want to 'motivate' (I'd posit that anyone who makes a 40/40 map is already sufficiently motivated but I digress) them to strive for more, they have to MAKE UP a reason to take some points off? So for example, they give the map 9/10 for detail even though they think it's a 10/10.

Yeh, I'm sorry but that's just retarded.
Post by: Exofile on February 08, 2016, 12:54:52 pm
So on the reviewers part, they think the map deserves 40/40, but because they want to 'motivate' (I'd posit that anyone who makes a 40/40 map is already sufficiently motivated but I digress) them to strive for more, they have to MAKE UP a reason to take some points off? So for example, they give the map 9/10 for detail even though they think it's a 10/10.

Yeh, I'm sorry but that's just retarded.

Yeah, your opinion on it. I'm not saying people HAVE to make the maps less than 40/40, but it's good to think through properly, so you don't think too fast, and give a map 40/40 when it might not be deserving of this. I'm not saying you make up a reason, but don't judge too hasty. You make a map that is 40/40 quality, like Leviathan, Oil Rig, Project C and Das Herrenhaus, and I know you're well motivated and experienced. Obviously! But motivation is not something you can have too much of, so it's only good. I realise my opinion is a unpopular opinion, so be it. :please:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on February 08, 2016, 12:58:28 pm
to get a 40/40 that your not gonna get because your still gonna get a 39 to encourage you to go for a 40?

sounds like playing a lottery you want win to me lol  :D
Post by: HitmanVere on February 08, 2016, 12:58:49 pm
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fvignette2.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fepicrapbattlesofhistory%2Fimages%2F2%2F2c%2FWhat%26%23039%3Bs_going_on_in_this_thread_OH_LAWD.jpg%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20150321210155&hash=91af55e6b145b75f6811377398478f87866bdb64)

So let me get this straight. Summary of this topic: People not liking other peoples opinions, people thinking this map should be 40/40, people thinking that 40/40 isnt 40/40 and finally, memes. Did I catch everything? :please:
Maybe we should accept opinions exists?  ::)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on February 08, 2016, 01:00:14 pm
i think we should also remember, the point of a review is not to motivate anyone, i mean it does that too yea, but the "actual purpose" is to give a reflective stance on what "this" map is
Post by: Lukkie1998 on February 08, 2016, 01:02:19 pm
This thread is not about what a review is or what makes a review good... Locked the thread until it's calmed down.. Might wanna stick to the original subject next time!

Lukkie1998