or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - javipotter

But can anyone add the scripting lines cause i dont know how to write that
10 years ago
hi, i write this because im making buildables of staff, each piece has an fx but theproblem is that when i take the piece the fx doesnt dissapear, here is the script i hope u know how to solve this little problem
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//================================================================================================
// Notes      : call after zombiemode main in MAPNAME.GSC
// Fire Staff Buildable Script
//================================================================================================
#include common_scripts\utility;
#include maps\_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;

main()
{
flag_init("gas_cantrue");
flag_init("oiltrue");
flag_init("recipetrue");
gas_can = GetEnt("pickup_lightningstaff_1_trigger","targetname");// trigger in radiant that players use to pick up model
gas_can thread gas_can(gas_can);
oil = GetEnt("pickup_lightningstaff_2_trigger","targetname");// // trigger in radiant that players use to pick up model
oil thread oil(oil);
recipe = GetEnt("pickup_lightningstaff_3_trigger","targetname");// // trigger in radiant that players use to pick up model
recipe thread recipe(recipe);
recipetrue = GetEnt("build_lightningstaff","targetname");///trigger in radiant that players use to build model
recipetrue recipetrue(recipetrue);
}

gas_can()
{
self sethintstring( "^4press &&1 to pick up Piece"  );
self setCursorHint( "HINT_NOICON" );
self UseTriggerRequireLookat();
player = undefined;
gas_canpart1 = getent("lightningstaff_1", "targetname");// model that u want to actually pick up
playfx (level._effect["lightning_fx"], self.origin);// add your fx here optional
self waittill("trigger", player);
gas_canpart1 Delete();
flag_set( "gas_cantrue" );
player thread builablehud("I hope there is a gas station on this rock");
playfx (level._effect["powerup_grabbed"], self.origin);
playfx (level._effect["powerup_grabbed_wave"], self.origin);
self Delete();
}

oil()
{
oilpart1 = getent("lightningstaff_2", "targetname");// model that u want to actually pick up
player = undefined;
playfx (level._effect["lightning_fx"], self.origin);// add your fx here optional
oilpart1 Delete();
flag_set( "oiltrue" );
player thread builablehud("Now maybe that engine wont jam");
self Delete();
}

recipe()
{
recipepart1 = getent("lightningstaff_3", "targetname");// model that u want to actually pick up
player = undefined;
recipepart1 Delete();
flag_set( "recipetrue" );
player thread builablehud("Now maybe that engine wont jam");
self Delete();
}

recipetrue()
{
self sethintstring( "^4Missing Piece"  );
recipepart = getent("lightning_staff_view", "targetname");// model that will actually show up once player builds it
recipepart hide();
player = undefined;
flag_wait( "recipetrue" );
flag_wait( "oiltrue" );
flag_wait( "gas_cantrue" );
self sethintstring( "^4press &&1 to Place Pieces"  );
player thread maps\_zombiemode_perks::do_knuckle_crack();
self sethintstring( "^4press &&1 to pick up gun"  );
    player GiveWeapon("staff_lightning");
    player SwitchToWeapon("staff_lightning");
self Delete();
recipepart show();
recipepart solid();
}

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
builablehud( text )
{
hint_hud = create_simple_hud( self );
hint_hud.alignX = "center";
hint_hud.alignY = "middle";
hint_hud.horzAlign = "center";
hint_hud.vertAlign = "middle";
hint_hud.fontscale = 8;
hint_hud.color = ( 1, 1, 1 );
hint_hud.x = 0;
hint_hud.y = -4; // -265;
hint_hud.alpha = 0;
hint_hud SetText( text );
hint_hud FadeOverTime( 1 );
hint_hud.alpha = 1;
wait( 1 );
hint_hud FadeOverTime( 2 );
hint_hud.color = ( 0, 0.4, 0 );
wait(2.5);
hint_hud Destroy();
}
10 years ago
n123 thats reaaally nice and awsome and it looks really clear
10 years ago
And is there any writen gsc tutorial?
10 years ago
i know that videos are not the best way(just watching them) but if someone could explain like basic syntax, and then how to apply it to other function like moveto etc. that would be perfect, i mean i dont wanna know all the functions, i just wanna be able to have an idea in my head and seeing like ugx script reference knowing more or less how to do it without asking help, that what i mean with someone making tuts not necessary videotuts, and for me the most important thing is step by step, i tryied learning from joeybbb, but the fourth tut, was about arrays, he didnt explain really well so i get stucked there, what i really mean with all this is that someone should explain basic syntax, variables operators, if sentences etc, and after try yourself funcions from the ugx scripting reference but ive never seen a nice tutorial of syntax
10 years ago
im making this post because people always tell me if ive got any link to good quality scripting tutorials, and I always say no, also I always ask but no one have nice scripting tutorials, and i hate always been bothering people to say something like can you make this for me? someone told me to look around scripts and I would learn, but i dont really learn much, could someone be able to make scripting tutorials of gsc or someone has any nice tutorials? because on youtube ive seen some but are awful or the one who makes the tut gets confused like joeybbb :( im sure people are desperate, and wanting tuts of scripting.
-thanks.
10 years ago
 :o its not a stupid mapping problem, its that im stupid loool, i forgot putting dynamicpath ahhaha thank you very much
10 years ago
zombies get stucked when i open a new door in the map, i mean, i open a door go throught it and in that space zombies get stucked, and that happens in most of doors or all doors :P heelp
10 years ago
as the title says a couple of my guns dont have sounds, I revised everything lots of times, but i dont really know why they havnt got sounds, the sounds are in mod.csv included in soundalias too, in weaponfile too, in iwd file list are checked, both sounds are well converted i mean 8 bit unsingned etc. i really dont know whats missing or whats wrong :(
10 years ago
dunno if ill release a beta but not by the moment :(
10 years ago
Javipotter i like egyptian maps on nazi zombie ;), i think that the first room needs more detail, put other palms on and out of the map ;) and the room on the 12-13 image needs more detail.
If you can, make the normal zombies as mummy (as not as the boss).
Maybe if you can (and wants), you can use the tools of the map PHARAOH of Call of Duty Ghosts, try to ask for help to UGX modder if you want ;)

Good work ;)
apart of boss mummy that is the one of tomb raider, normal zombies now are mummys, i changed all the models, and also there are megabosses that  are 3 metres tall. I will also add more detail, and ill try to make all as best as possible.
10 years ago
Hi everyone, i know perfectly what this means, and that i can solve it commenting lines, but, could someone give a full list of the csv that load fx for a custom map? so that everyone know where are them, i know that in yourmap.csv, dlc3.csv, dogs, zappers and i dont know more, those are the files which fx ive commented but im my map i loaded a lot more :D thank you for your attention.
10 years ago
what u could try is using water and after make custom fx of wave and put lots of waves in the water
10 years ago
shift+l in radiant till all ur map looks like white and grey boxes, then select all the textures affected and press letter "s"
on those options you should make textures bigger
10 years ago
Loading ...