by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
EDIT: SOLVED!

im trying and failing to figure out how to add player health.

health starts at 100 for example and goes down 1 every second with player_health--; in a loop and then i can add health by purchasing "food". problem im having which is the same problem i have with the generator script im working on also is that scripts are linear so whilst its in a loop to check/countdown/knock off player health it wont let me add to it. as its locked in the loop. apparently there may be a background global variable that constantly checks things like PH = player hits. yet i cant find that file. i need to be able to have the generator fuel go down each second, same with player health But at the same time be able to add fuel/health. yet this seems impossible so have to "thing/scripts" looping/checking side-by-side

any help on how i can achieve this will be appreciated.

also i am trying to figure out how to turn the power off (once turned on). ive had a look in many raw gsc files but i cant find it. doesnt help that i dont reli know what to specifically look for. any help on this matter will also be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance.
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
Just change the player maximum health of the player: "self.maxhealth"
self.health is always recovering to the maximum health.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Just change the player maximum health of the player: "self.maxhealth"
self.health is always recovering to the maximum health.
thank you but im trying to set it so its like a on screen timer displaying something like (Health [100]) - on game start. and it starts going down by 1 every second and when it hits 0 the player dies. and to stop it from hitting 0, the player would have to find and purchase food. in which i would build a food machine for that.

what uve mentioned (if ive understood it correctly) is that player health will constantly auto recover itself, whereas i am looking for it to auto deteriate. but not the players "actual health" as i dont want zombies hits to have any affect on this feature. im aiming to create merely a countdown timer, in which i would be able to set what it starts at on game start and how quick it goes down. and they would simply have to stop it from hitting 0.
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
Sounds like a second kind health bar, you need to make your own variable to keep the value.

You can make a whileloop or a waittill trigger to check if the player does not have eaten enough and is starving to death.
When that happens do a "radius" (look up script reference) damage on the player and the rest I think will run smoothly.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Sounds like a second kind health bar, you need to make your own variable to keep the value.

You can make a whileloop or a waittill trigger to check if the player does not have eaten enough and is starving to death.
When that happens do a "radius" (look up script reference) damage on the player and the rest I think will run smoothly.
i had a look at the radius damage just now and i dont think thats something im looking for. (i may be wrong). im hoping to build a simple countdown timer that you have to stop from hitting 0 by purchasing food.

best i can come up with is, using iPrintLn on game start to say ( Your health 100  ) & then have player_health--; in a loop to knock 1 off every second which is what im looking for & im sure ill eventually figure out how to kill the player when it hits 0. the issue im having with this approach is when i set player_health = 10; & then loop player_health--; it never hits 0. (i think) its going from 10 to 9, then back to 10, and so forth.

when playing around with the generator i done-

current_fuel = 0;

if(current_fuel < 50) *to set the limit*

then on purchase-
current_fuel = current_fuel + 10; & then-

if(current_fuel > 0)
while(1)
{
current_fuel--;
iPrintLnBold("test");
}

and i saw the msg "test" pop up every second, ten times. which is great. but coz of the loop i was not able to then keep on purchasing.

doing this-
if(current_fuel > 0)
while(1)
{
current_fuel--;
iPrintLnBold("test");
}
is the only way i can think of getting it to constantly "check & reduce". which it does nicely. but yh i cant do something else at the same time. ik the loop is why i cant. & that script are linear. but i was hoping theres a method that can work side-by-side or penetrate/update the loop or something like that

so i tried a rough same approach with player health but with health being set to 10. but yh it never hit 0.

Double Post Merge: December 31, 2020, 01:50:38 am

i just figured out where i went wrong with using the generators method with player health. i now can get player health to hit 0. but just like the generator, i cant keep on purchasing.

im looking for something that will allow me to keep on purchasing whilst the generator/health is going down in its loop. is something like this even possible?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
player health [SOLVED]
power off [SOLVED]
Looping scripts side-by-side = thread

Loading ...