The rain season has returned to the renovated but now abandoned town. Fight the ever-increasing power of the undead in this remaster/remake of World at War custom zombies map Rainy Death.
Rough Estimate on Progress
Notes: I am currently busy with work and Uni so progress fluctuates a bit, but hopefully in the summer I have more time + will to work on the map.
I started on this remaster in like 2017, but there has been so many things in between that, that I've only worked on it for total of few months basically.
Reason for making this topic is having a main place to showcase/check out the overall progress and hopefully gives me reason to work on it more.
Features So Far/Planned:
- Original layout with new pathways created, transportations added to few dead ends and some areas redone completely to make gameplay flow better
- Approx. +30 weapons from various non-CoD games, including Killing Floor 2, Payday 2, Battlefield 4, Dirty Bomb, Apex Legends and more
- All of the guns are custom animated, fitted with new sounds and are also inspectable
- Fully revisited Main Quest with same idea as original's, now includes story elements that were lacking/missing completely in original
- Buildable Zombie Shield and buildable Specialist weapon added due to change of gameplay elements that Black Ops 3 brings
- Recreation of Killing Floor 2 HUD with few things changed around to fit with Black Ops 3-mechanics
- New level boss that is basically an upgrade to Napalm Zombie from the original
- Original 9 perks, including PHD Flopper and Electric Cherry
- Power off environment where lights turn on with power (some lights are turned on always via generators to not make map too dark)
- Old features revisited such as intro firing range, way to get back there, unlocking Pack-A-Punch etc.
Made it this far? Here's a parrot