UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: sedozz on January 11, 2016, 08:31:47 pm

Title: Are there any techniques to speed up my compile time?
Post by: sedozz on January 11, 2016, 08:31:47 pm
I was wondering if there was anyway to devote more memory to or just generally speed up the compiler.
Title: Re: Are there any techniques to speed up my compile time?
Post by: Scobalula on January 11, 2016, 09:10:16 pm
My upgrade in CPU seemed to decrease compile time for me.
Post by: nikfar1 on January 11, 2016, 09:31:12 pm
My upgrade in CPU seemed to decrease compile time for me.
yes I did it and connect a ssd hard too (be sure your mainboard support sata 3.because in SATA 3.0 transfer rate is 6.0 gb/s), copy the game on it ,and now the compile is so fast.
Post by: Scobalula on January 11, 2016, 09:42:28 pm
yes I did it and connect a ssd hard too (be sure your mainboard support sata 3.because in SATA 3.0 transfer rate is 6.0 gb/s), copy the game on it ,and now the compile is so fast.

SSDs are still pretty high in price though to be putting full games (unless you're able to afford high capacity ones because even for me a 500GB might not even cut it for WaW along with other data) which for most WaW modders their entire folder might be bigger than their SSD can hold, like me for example, mine is 60GB but my entire WaW folder is well over 100GB.
Post by: Psych on January 11, 2016, 09:47:34 pm
SSDs are still pretty high in price though to be putting full games (unless you're able to afford high capacity ones because even for me a 500GB might not even cut it for WaW along with other data) which for most WaW modders their entire folder might be bigger than their SSD can hold, like me for example, mine is 60GB but my entire WaW folder is well over 100GB.

WaW and csgo are the only games on my ssd but I just upgraded to an intel i7 4790k processor and my compile times are down by more than half. RAM upgrade helped too
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on January 11, 2016, 09:56:02 pm
Download the latest versions of 7zip command line and zlib1 compressor.

I put them in my custom build of launcher/mod tools and it made it significantly faster (about 15-25% less compile time)
Post by: nikfar1 on January 11, 2016, 09:59:30 pm
yes  the price is much in high capacity,but don't need to get high capacity .I have it in low capacity(128gb)and use this only for waw and try to copy unnecessary data about this game to other drive.(now my used space in this drive is 33gb).
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 12, 2016, 05:09:28 am
yes  the price is much in high capacity,but don't need to get high capacity .I have it in low capacity(128gb)and use this only for waw and try to copy unnecessary data about this game to other drive.(now my used space in this drive is 33gb).
a lot of people i know do this infact

they have a 1tb or 2tb normal hard drive for everything else, and a SSD just for gaming related itema