UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Announcements => Topic started by: treminaor on January 11, 2016, 07:44:19 am

Title: MOTY 2015 CONTEST RESULTS!
Post by: treminaor on January 11, 2016, 07:44:19 am
(http://i.imgur.com/bMNmqfx.png)

UGX Mod Standalone placed 35th in the ModDB MOTY 2015 Contest!

After weeks of waiting, we finally received our official ranking from ModDB! We did WAY better than we did two years ago in the last contest - last time we were 74th out of 100 and this year we are 35th ;)

We would like to sincerely thank everyone who voted for us in this contest! Without your support we would have not even placed into this contest to begin with! It is a huge accomplishment to have placed this highly when compared to other amazing mods for games that aren't over 7 years old! The CoD: WaW modding community is still very much alive as proven by your overwhelming support in this contest :)

-The UGX-Mods Team
Title: Re: MOTY 2015 CONTEST RESULTS!
Post by: DeletedUser on January 11, 2016, 07:48:03 am
Congratulations to the team!
Also, you posted that topic twice.
Post by: treminaor on January 11, 2016, 07:52:44 am
Also, you posted that topic twice.
weird, thanks for the heads up - fixed.
Post by: Exofile on January 11, 2016, 07:58:01 am
What happened during the voting? You got into the top 100, then during the second rounf of voting you went far below that for a long while?
Post by: treminaor on January 11, 2016, 08:00:13 am
What happened during the voting? You got into the top 100, then during the second rounf of voting you went far below that for a long while?
idk what stats you're referring to but they have an algorithm based on member and guest votes which determines who the winners are. We were within 500 votes of the Top 10.
Post by: Exofile on January 11, 2016, 08:02:31 am
idk what stats you're referring to but they have an algorithm based on member and user votes which determines who the winners are. We were within 500 votes of the Top 10.

When the voting was in progress, you had an overlay spewing over the UGX site showing what spot you were currently on, and a shortcute to vote for you. In the first round it went up, then during the second round, which I was told was only between the top 100, you dropped below 100? Did more people vote on those that didn't make the cut to round two? Of course this seems to have been reversed, people must've voted later as you say you made it to 35th :)
Post by: Scobalula on January 11, 2016, 08:12:36 am
When the voting was in progress, you had an overlay spewing over the UGX site showing what spot you were currently on, and a shortcute to vote for you. In the first round it went up, then during the second round, which I was told was only between the top 100, you dropped below 100? Did more people vote on those that didn't make the cut to round two? Of course this seems to have been reversed, people must've voted later as you say you made it to 35th :)

I assume you're talking about the Popularity Number which has nothing to do with thev MOTY and is based on other things so it'll fluctuate.
Post by: Exofile on January 11, 2016, 08:16:36 am
I assume you're talking about the Popularity Number which has nothing to do with thev MOTY and is based on other things so it'll fluctuate.

Hmm, might be. It was displayed in a big font on most if not any page on the UGX forum. Maybe I got it mixed up, it certainly looked like the current position of the contest. But then again, I probably mistook it.  :P
Post by: Ramiabdh on January 11, 2016, 09:48:22 am
Congrats you guys!! :D Will you be participating in MOTY contest again, since Bo3 mod tools will be out and all?
Post by: treminaor on January 11, 2016, 10:01:48 am
That was our daily popularity based on the votes in the 24 hour period, not our progress in the overall contest which lasted weeks.
Post by: Exofile on January 11, 2016, 10:09:29 am
That was our daily popularity based on the votes in the 24 hour period, not our progress in the overall contest which lasted weeks.

Yup, that makes perfect sense. Congratulations on 35th never the less, that's a great feat!  ;)
Post by: tomikaze on January 11, 2016, 03:36:44 pm
Congratulations UGX team! Going from 74th to 35th is crazy.
I trust that the high level of interest still in custom zombies and as well as increased turnout for voting will cement it in your hearts and minds that there will indeed be a 3rd UGX Mod coming out in the future.
Post by: KDXDARK on January 11, 2016, 03:47:20 pm
Congrats guys!!  8)