UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: ShotgunRagtime on December 06, 2015, 04:54:25 am

Title: YOUR Top 4 Custom Maps!
Post by: ShotgunRagtime on December 06, 2015, 04:54:25 am
I'm bored as hell, so here's a little discussion for us: your top 4 favorite (for any reason) custom zombie maps. Me first:

1. Totsand

This is one of just two maps that has acually made my jaw physically drop. Starting in a hauntingly beautiful desert vista, the map soon opens up into probably the most impressive underground area ever devised, it's really something else. Tons of sprawling floors and dozens of doors in a descent to the bottom of the facility. Everyone should play it: just make sure you DON'T go past the door out of the Jugg/PPSh wallbuy room on round 9, otherwise you might crash!

2. Dead Ship

This map is a favorite of a friend's and mine: its overall campiness lends it perfectly to co-op matches. Ticking all the right boxes -- detail, weapon selection, custom perks and even voice-acted stories, Dead Ship feels like a game-within-a-game through the fantastic TMG mod.

3. Lockdown

This map flows so perfectly it's almost unreal. If I was forced to pick one map that could be passed off as official 3arc DLC, it would be Lockdown. Branching paths, quality weapons, beautiful aesthetics, and challenging difficulty with a nice little easteregg form the definitive recipe for a good time.

4. Farm Swamp

I can't really say much about this one other than the fact that it is the best looking map ever released. Seriously, just play it.
Title: Re: YOUR Top 4 Custom Maps!
Post by: KDXDARK on December 06, 2015, 05:18:10 am
1-zombie xcof
2-zombie xcof
3-zombie san cristobal
4 zombies xcof

:)
Post by: HitmanVere on December 06, 2015, 01:14:43 pm
1. [UGX] Requiem
-The amount of content put into the map is amazing and have gotten me to play it numerous times. Played all versions of betas and still continued to play it on final release

2. Zombie Sumpf
-Very atmospheric map, nothing feels out of this place in this one and WaW weapons are modified to feel better

3. Celtic Ruins
-You know map is good, when you put it on top 4 even without working mod

4. [TMG] Last Stand Christmas
-Map, that got me in custom zombies. Very nice array of features and modifications to mod

Honorable Mention: Project Contamination: Awakening
-Its so shit its good :troll:
Post by: MZslayer11 on December 06, 2015, 06:23:52 pm
I'm gonna put five instead. I like to live dangerously  8)

5) Cheese Cube Unlimited - ZK
I know it's awful and silly but it had a lot of cool features and it was just plain fun.

4) Dead Ship - ZCTChaos
Great detail, awesome sounds and ambiance, custom and multiple PaP's, clean look and professional feel.

3) Levithain - AwesomePieMan, RadimaX, HexZombies, JBird632
Amazing detail and map layout, huge map, clean and professional feel, basically dlc 5 for bo1, cool features and fun esstereggs.

2) Zombie Sumf - xJimmy33
Great detail, great ambiance, cool map layout, professional and clean look, standard weapons but cool new sounds and different ads fov made them feel different, fun overall.

1) UGX Requiem - UGX Team
Needs no explanation
Post by: DeletedUser on December 06, 2015, 06:50:24 pm
1. Oil Rig
2. Project Viking
3. Leviathan
4. UGX Requiem

Honorable Mention: Box Map X  :troll: JK
Post by: Exofile on December 06, 2015, 07:25:34 pm
1. Encampment
I loved the overall style of it, and to think it was made in such a short time, it was a great outcome. Perfect map.

2. Industrial Estate
More intense gameplay = more fun. I liked how the maps weren't as easy, and it properly felt like a map from CoD: Bo2.

3. Oil Rig
Just as Industrial Estate, this map was intense. I liked it alot, and with the wide variety of weaponry you're bound to find a weapon you like.

4. Leviathan.
I liked the map, but the reason it ended up at 4 was the overall playstyle of the map. It fit well into the Bo1 style, but it all felt so similar, every room felt the same.
Post by: Dust on December 06, 2015, 09:10:19 pm
This is a hard list for me, I have a bunch of favorites. But here are ones that I like more than any others(in no particular order).

1. Penguin
When you first load up the map, you can already tell the amount of detail and thought that went into this map. This is probably one of the more detailed maps in all of custom zombies. Not to mention, the map is GIGANTIC as well. It will take you a few rounds to open everything up and even get jug. The easter egg is not too massive, but it is still pretty cool. The only downside is the 3 hit jug, other than that the map is perfect. Even the plain world at war guns felt good on this map.

2. Seelow
If you have not played this map I HIGHLY recommend it. This map feels exactly like a campaign mission. Even though this map came out in 2012, it definitely doesn't disappoint. You ride in on a jeep and then wind up crashing eventually. You have to find explosives to blow up turrets and stuff. You also have to find keys to open certain doors. This is one of those maps where I can play for hours on end. It's just a great map.

3. UGX requiem
Do I even need to mention this map? This map obviously was made by the UGX team to showcase the new UGX 1.1. Its got all the features from the UGX mod 1.1, like traps, elemental pack a punch, hells retriever and so much more. It also has one of the funnest easter eggs that I have ever experienced on custom zombies. This is truly one of those maps that feels like a treyarch map.

4. Leviathan
This map feels exactly like a Black Ops 1 map. It has Jbirds Black Ops mod with every single Black ops gun with correct stats and stuff. powerups from black ops 1, as well as claymores. This map also takes place underwater, which I have always wanted an underwater map. It also reminds me of my favorite Black Ops 1 map, moon. Also has a pretty cool easter egg, which you can now complete 2 player.

Sorry had to do 5 since I cant leave this one out
5. Deadship
This map was made by ZCT chaos for a zombies youtuber, laggin24x. It takes place on a pirate ship. It has awesome features such as the captains curse, which kills any zombies who come close to you, a giant sword which is a 1 hit kill for literally forever, and a cool shooting range to unlock a random upgraded gun, perk slot, as well as the buyable ending. I have spent many hours on this map and still never get bored of it.

Post by: idogftw on December 06, 2015, 09:23:50 pm
[1] ZCT Airport- Nukem
- I enjoyed the ZCT mod that was added in aswell as the guns, features, and difficulty it had, it was easy, fun, and all around a great experience.

[2] Insanatorium - Don Goony
- It was one of the first 'real' custom maps that had alot of custom stuff, like the powerups, the gas mask, and buildables, along with alot of the cool scripts that hadn't really been done at the time.

[3] Overrun - JBird632
- It was a very fun map, medium but fun, the claymores, Minigun, Vigor Rush, just all the aspects that make a custom map custom.

[4] Hotel - Holty007
- The first map I played, I enjoyed the aspect of it, the elevator, the round skip, and just really how easy it was, it was as well a really fun experience.
Post by: JBird632 on December 06, 2015, 09:47:33 pm
[3] Overrun - JBird632
- It was a very fun map, medium but fun, the cool buildables, the claymores, Minigun, Vigor Rush, just all the aspects that make a custom map custom.
I didn't have any buildables in Overrun :P You're probably thinking of Lockdown.
Post by: ShotgunRagtime on December 06, 2015, 11:40:23 pm
I'm gonna put five instead. I like to live dangerously  8)
Mods, please ban this man for derailment! :troll:
This is a hard list for me, I have a bunch of favorites. But here are ones that I like more than any others(in no particular order).

1. Penguin
When you first load up the map, you can already tell the amount of detail and thought that went into this map. This is probably one of the more detailed maps in all of custom zombies. Not to mention, the map is GIGANTIC as well. It will take you a few rounds to open everything up and even get jug. The easter egg is not too massive, but it is still pretty cool. The only downside is the 3 hit jug, other than that the map is perfect. Even the plain world at war guns felt good on this map.

2. Seelow
If you have not played this map I HIGHLY recommend it. This map feels exactly like a campaign mission. Even though this map came out in 2012, it definitely doesn't disappoint. You ride in on a jeep and then wind up crashing eventually. You have to find explosives to blow up turrets and stuff. You also have to find keys to open certain doors. This is one of those maps where I can play for hours on end. It's just a great map.

3. UGX requiem
Do I even need to mention this map? This map obviously was made by the UGX team to showcase the new UGX 1.1. Its got all the features from the UGX mod 1.1, like traps, elemental pack a punch, hells retriever and so much more. It also has one of the funnest easter eggs that I have ever experienced on custom zombies. This is truly one of those maps that feels like a treyarch map.

4. Leviathan
This map feels exactly like a Black Ops 1 map. It has Jbirds Black Ops mod with every single Black ops gun with correct stats and stuff. powerups from black ops 1, as well as claymores. This map also takes place underwater, which I have always wanted an underwater map. It also reminds me of my favorite Black Ops 1 map, moon. Also has a pretty cool easter egg, which you can now complete 2 player.

Sorry had to do 5 since I cant leave this one out
5. Deadship
This map was made by ZCT chaos for a zombies youtuber, laggin24x. It takes place on a pirate ship. It has awesome features such as the captains curse, which kills any zombies who come close to you, a giant sword which is a 1 hit kill for literally forever, and a cool shooting range to unlock a random upgraded gun, perk slot, as well as the buyable ending. I have spent many hours on this map and still never get bored of it.
I also loved all of those, but IMHO Seelow was just a bit too short and easy, especially the ending.

Also, Totsand is made by the same mapper as Penguin, I've played both and would definitely recommend Totsand to anyone who liked Penguin.
Post by: Dust on December 07, 2015, 12:28:59 am
Mods, please ban this man for derailment! :troll:I also loved all of those, but IMHO Seelow was just a bit too short and easy, especially the ending.

Also, Totsand is made by the same mapper as Penguin, I've played both and would definitely recommend Totsand to anyone who liked Penguin.

I believe I have played Totsand as well before, but Penguin was more memorable for me
Post by: Koan on December 07, 2015, 01:35:39 pm
In order:

1. Dead Ship
2. Leviathan
3. Requiem
4. Project X
Post by: DeathBringerZen on December 07, 2015, 03:55:07 pm
In no particular order,

1: Leviathan
2: Oil Rig
3: UGX Requiem
4: Nacht Der Toten Walder
Post by: Andy Whelan on December 07, 2015, 10:30:46 pm
1. Nazi_Zombie_Anzio - Holty007
Thanks to Hammy I am in love with this map, it is all stock but detailed and fun as.

2. Rainy Death - ShitmanVere  <3 (Also the Project Contamination Beta I have hehehe)
Unbelievably replayable for me, I have no idea why. Just always really fun to kick back, relax and slay some zombies.

3. Dead Ship - ZCTxCHAOSx
I have two words to describe this map, fucking amazing.

4. Nazi_Zombie_Farm_Swamp
So detailed and fun, stunning design, despite being stock it has a nice feel to it.
Post by: steviewonder87 on December 08, 2015, 04:16:25 am
I won't choose my own maps because that would be 'unfair'. ::) :P

1. Leviathan

The best CZ map made to date, looks and feels like legit BO1 DLC. Top level mapping and scripting and a fantastic theme, what more can I say?

2. Herrenhaus

This isn't released yet so perhaps it shouldn't be on this list, but since I've played it I have to put it here. It's a truly stunning piece of work, IMO, it's better than Kino and any of the WAW maps (and I don't say that lightly), I can't express how amazing this map really is. It just captures the dark, Nazi-zombie atmosphere perfectly, think Verruckt + Kino x 10.

3. Nacht Der Walder

One of the earliest custom maps I ever played and still one of the best, the level of detail and the size of the map was insane, the only negative was the stock weapons (but having said that they do fit the era of the map and back then ported guns weren't as prevalent).

4. Quizz v.2

Not the best map by any means; it's essentially a pretty, multistory, box map, but one of my most played maps overall I'd say (not touched it for about 2 years though). It was one of the first maps I played and I just loved how different it looked to all the others I'd played and the custom arsenal of guns was refreshing to see after using mostly WAW guns in most other maps at the time. Had a little EE loads of little custom features, and just overall a fun map.
Post by: JiffyNoodles on December 11, 2015, 07:31:25 am
might as well add my two cents worth here, because why not.
In order of my favourites
1) Dixmore Asylum - SevingPLuke (or something along those lines)

Possibly the most fun i have ever had in a Custom Zombies map from the perfectly ported weapons, including my Favourites, the Sexy Mexicutioner and the Iron-Sighted DSR-50. The button easter egg was extremely fun as it changed everytime and the reward was definitely worthwhile.

2) Beach House - Jei6963

This was my first ever zombies map that I played back in 2012, it was running an early version if the UGX mod, and I loved the Buildable boat ending, as well as the steps to get PAP.

3) Swamp of the Doomed Ones - HitmanVere (SplitHamVere)

What can I say, I have a soft spot for maps like this. I loved the Springfield Sniper Rifle you could get as it was the first time the Springfield was properly good. Plus, it changed up from the standard Der Riese to the lesser used Shi No Numa theme, which worked a treat.

4) Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital - Chromastone10

This map was the first map I ever had a solid Grind on, as I still have the record for the earliest time completable on the map, as well as my highest round in zombies ever, which is 46/7 (somewhere up there). This was the first I played that hap proper ports of everything, anims, models, etc. The Boss was also a good addition, as I personally never got high enough to take on the Engineer in Dead Ops Arcade.

Honourable mention/s
Encampment - ProRevenge
Hotel V2 - HitmanVere
Library - Jzob123
Post by: Soy-Yo on December 11, 2015, 07:53:56 pm
Oh! I want to participate. I've never written anything in this board but I'm just bored.

I haven't played many maps so maybe I'm missing some really good ones but here are my favourites:
 - Leviathan. I spent many hours trying to do the easter egg (solo :P) and it also was one of the first maps I've ever  played and I was amazed to see a map like that in WaW: underwater, a guy inside a pipe speaking to me, the excavators...

- Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital (CPH). I have to admit I was really frightened while I was playing this map and maybe this is what I like of this map. Also I remember having some little heart attacks when the fat guy started shouting.

- Estate of the Dead. It was a really fun map and I enjoyed almost every minute I was playing it.

- Christmas Warehouse. Basically I loved the idea of those three quests, even though I could never finish the map because it was impossible for me to finish one of them. :D

I've played other really good maps but, since I'm one of the worst zombie players, I get frustrated when they're a bit difficult for me. :D

And, of course, CUBE, but it was so good that I couldn't have compared it with the rest of the maps. ::) Also it's not finished yet.
Just kidding.
Post by: tomikaze on December 11, 2015, 10:29:52 pm
There are a lot of maps that I love, but these are ones I find myself coming back to over and over again.

4) Berlin Bank - The first map I ever saw that implemented the “zombie flood”. Seeing like 15 zombies come sprinting at you and hurdling a desk is pretty freaky and exciting at the same time.
3) Kino the Rebirth - The Blops Kino was the first zombie map I ever played and this is just an amazing remake of that.
2) Nacht der Toten Walder - Made by one guy. At the time I never thought a custom map could look this good and very few look this good even now.
1) UGX Requiem - Seeing where this map came from to what it became, it's magic, this map is freakin' magic.
Post by: DeletedUser on January 04, 2016, 01:50:11 am
No particular order...

UGX Requiem - So detailed and so enjoyable, such a satisfying map, a 10/10 job by the UGX Team. Easter egg was amazing, as was the new custom features v1.1 brought to the UGX mod. Worth the wait. Definitely.

Oil Rig - Although hard, Stevie did incredible detail on this map and it's feels like a DLC. Intense, but so many aspects ported perfectly, from guns to perks, Stevie did a stunning job.

Nacht Reimagined - My first custom map and it was amazing to see the first zombie map we received in a new light. The map is amazing and is relatively calm if you get a decent gun.

Kino the Rebirth - This map was incredible considering it was built on an engine that enjoys grey yet this has given an incredible fresh look to Kino which really fits with the weaponry. Amazing job and many cool aspects to it.

Had to put 5... Lol

Leviathan - Although a very hard map to play, the effort put into this is shown by how it could've been in the DLC 4 instead of Moon and people would've seen it as Treyarch-grade. Amazing use of the Black Ops mod and it was incredible to see the PES suits and Excavators implemented to custom zombies. Insane, yet exquisite map.

This was extremely hard to decide, Dixmor and Collingwood were considered, there's so many great custom maps now it's hard to pick the best ones out.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on January 04, 2016, 04:25:01 am
1. Leviathan

2. Sumpf 3.0

3. Comosea

4. Estate of the dead/ Requiem
Post by: Jendestroy22 on January 05, 2016, 06:18:03 pm
I put mine from favorite to least favorite

1. Dead Ship

2. Leviathan

3.Berlin Bank

4.Cheese Cube Unlimited
Post by: dadadodo on January 07, 2016, 05:17:44 pm
4 town remake
3 project viking
2 highjacked
1 highrise
Post by: NGcaudle on January 07, 2016, 05:24:17 pm
My favs are in order

1. Best Map Ever Xmas Edition - by NGcaudle

2. Best Map Ever remastered - by NGcaudle

3. Best Map Ever - by NGcaudle

4. Better Than Best Map Ever - by NGcaudle

I think the guy who made these maps should get mapper rank.
Post by: Psych on January 07, 2016, 05:28:11 pm
My favs are in order

smh ^
Post by: NINJAMAN829 on January 07, 2016, 05:28:37 pm
My favs are in order

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi0.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Foriginal%2F000%2F129%2F578%2Fhow_about_no_evil.jpg&hash=4f5a91a7ceed75f4d8ebc1dd5e3157dad76316e5)
Post by: NGcaudle on January 07, 2016, 05:42:46 pm
(http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/129/578/how_about_no_evil.jpg)

how about yes? they're an amazing map maker. one of the best on this site. their chill, smart, funny, and hawt
Post by: steviewonder87 on January 07, 2016, 05:45:35 pm
My favs are in order

Surely 'Better Than Best Map Ever' should, at the very least, be above 'Best Map Ever' in your list?
Post by: Scobalula on January 07, 2016, 07:21:10 pm
My favs are in order

If you want mapper status dip your PC in water, observe the sparks and delete CoD WaW.
Post by: Bwc66930 on January 07, 2016, 07:27:49 pm
My favs are in order

Tsk tsk, one does not simply get mapper rank, you must first offer your flesh to ugx and sell your soul to trem to show how much of a man you are!
Post by: tomikaze on January 07, 2016, 09:33:10 pm
How has Neighborhood not made it in anyone's top 5!?????!??
Because of the totally annoying parkour and absurd buyable ending, but other than that, I agree, it's a great map. Would have made my top 10 for sure.
Post by: seanathan on January 18, 2016, 07:15:34 am
1. Edifice preview. BEST MAP EVAR :P
Post by: johndoe on January 18, 2016, 11:06:22 am
My favs are in order

(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/9a/19/7c9a19a92db63c222967894f669d0980.jpg)
Post by: mxtxm on January 18, 2016, 04:41:40 pm
1) Oil Rig -  No matter how many times I play it, the map will always be fun. I like that the map is challenging, I like the bosses. Sure the bosses can be a pain, but there are plenty of weapons that can easily take them down. Whether it be the shotsgun, dual deagles, or one of the wonder weapons.

2) Nacht Reimagined - This map has an easter egg that literally had me scrambling he first time I did it. Oil rig is the intense map on my list, while this map is a more relaxed one, because it doesn't have all the bosses, it's simple to train on, but has perk limitations.

3) Rainy Death - Fort me this map felt relaxed like Nacht Reimagined, but with the annoying Napalm zombie. I have mixed feelings about that boss, simply because if one makes a b-line for phd flopper, they really wont have to worry about it anymore and on the other hand it can completely ruin your day.. The map did feature a nice little easter egg as well as a bonus tomahawk easter egg(which includes the ability to upgrade it.)

4) Abandoned School - This map made the list because i like the layout of it. The boss is annoying but not difficult, and is relatively easy to take out. The easter egg is simple, but gives the player the nice reward of 4 more perks slots. It also features a remastered version of the jet gun which is way better than treyarch's because it doesnt break and can be upgraded.
Post by: smasher248 on January 18, 2016, 05:04:54 pm
4. Requiem
3. Leviathan
2. Ege115's test map
1. Project viking
Post by: phoenix02 on January 31, 2016, 03:01:45 am
1. neon fighter

2. cheese cube unlimited

3. halloween town

4. futurama

Post by: timelordalex on January 31, 2016, 12:59:55 pm
UGX Requiem
Zebba Farms
Pie Mans Christmas
Project Viking perhaps - there are other maps i need to try first.
Post by: NateTheGreat987 on January 31, 2016, 01:44:49 pm
Honorable mentions: Leviathan (would be on the list if there wasn't minions) and Bikini Bottom (Too small)

4: Malibu Drive
3: Abandoned school
2: Crash
1: Hotel
Post by: RonanMerriman on January 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm
1. TMG Castle
2. Leviathan
3. Farm Swamp
4. Dead Ship

Honourable mentions: Last Stand Christmas, Lockdown, TMG Skyland [Beta] & Penguin
Post by: HazardousTheEPIC on January 31, 2016, 06:23:08 pm
A seriously hard question to me.

I always find Hello Kitty to be 'that map'.
I'm not joking, its probably because its first I ever played and so I always talk about it like it the holy grail of zombie maps.

I seriously want a remake of Hello Kitty, thats how big of a deal it is to me.

#SuchaClassic
Post by: steviewonder87 on January 31, 2016, 09:05:56 pm
A seriously hard question to me.

I always find Hello Kitty to be 'that map'.
I'm not joking, its probably because its first I ever played and so I always talk about it like it the holy grail of zombie maps.

I seriously want a remake of Hello Kitty, thats how big of a deal it is to me.

#SuchaClassic

(https://imgflip.com/readImage?iid=26859114)
Post by: Tim Smith on January 31, 2016, 10:48:54 pm
I like :
1- Oil Rig.
2- Project C & Project Viking.
3- My De_Dust2.
4- Requiem.
Don't ask of i love the challenge maps. lol.
Post by: Koan on January 31, 2016, 11:34:43 pm
I would like to see the votes tallied for everyone's top 4 maps in some way.

Your wish is my command.

Leviathan14
UGX Requiem12
Dead Ship7
Oil Rig7
Project Viking6
Farm Swamp3
Zombie Sumpf3
Cheese Cube Unlimited3
Nacht der Toten Walder3
Rainy Death2
Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital2
Estate of the Dead2
Kino: The Rebirth2
Berlin Bank2
Nacht der Untoten Reimagined2
Abandoned School2

Didn't bother including maps only mentioned once cause there's a ton of them. Also didn't include NGcaudle's votes for his own spam maps. :please:
Post by: MZslayer11 on February 03, 2016, 01:54:08 am
Your wish is my command.

Leviathan14
UGX Requiem12
Dead Ship7
Oil Rig7
Project Viking6
Farm Swamp3
Zombie Sumpf3
Cheese Cube Unlimited3
Nacht der Toten Walder3
Rainy Death2
Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital2
Estate of the Dead2
Kino: The Rebirth2
Berlin Bank2
Nacht der Untoten Reimagined2
Abandoned School2

Didn't bother including maps only mentioned once cause there's a ton of them. Also didn't include NGcaudle's votes for his own spam maps. :please:

+1 You da real MVP