UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: NaviLlicious on August 06, 2013, 10:40:51 am

Title: custom weapon sounds
Post by: NaviLlicious on August 06, 2013, 10:40:51 am
alright so im trying to add a custom sound i downloaded from the internet so i figured id just set the weapons.csv path for the m1911 to the sound i put into the sound_assets folder and convert it yada yada is there something else i need to do to make the custom sound work?
Title: Re: custom weapon sounds
Post by: SajeOne on August 06, 2013, 10:52:03 am
alright so im trying to add a custom sound i downloaded from the internet so i figured id just set the weapons.csv path for the m1911 to the sound i put into the sound_assets folder and convert it yada yada is there something else i need to do to make the custom sound work?
As long as the sound alias line is correct to the location and the format is correct you can do build mod.ff and build sounds so that your sound will convert. Then It should work fine.
Post by: NaviLlicious on August 06, 2013, 10:58:17 am
it converted and i put it in the map but when i shoot the colt theres no sound
Post by: SajeOne on August 06, 2013, 11:00:19 am
it converted and i put it in the map but when i shoot the colt theres no sound
did you make sure to add the alias line name of your sound in your weaponfile for the fire out? Beyond that If it converted to raw/sounds successfully then I'm not sure.
Post by: NaviLlicious on August 06, 2013, 11:03:42 am
so i need to go to my mods/sp/weapon name and change the sound from there as well?
Post by: SajeOne on August 06, 2013, 11:05:46 am
so i need to go to my mods/sp/weapon name and change the sound from there as well?
Of course, you need to add the name of the sound line you created so the game knows what sound to play. Not sure what the actual attribute is by heart but it will be something like firesound and firesoundplayer or something. the _plr sound is the FP sound.
Post by: NaviLlicious on August 06, 2013, 11:06:41 am
found it thanks i will give it a try now

Post Merge: August 06, 2013, 11:38:51 am
changed the line to match the name of the alias and still no dice