UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: NaviLlicious on July 29, 2013, 07:24:10 am

Title: custom dialogue not working
Post by: NaviLlicious on July 29, 2013, 07:24:10 am
so i changed the dialogue path in dlc3_vox.csv and have it in my mod converted and everything but whenever i pick up the gun to see if it works dempsey talks instead of the audio i put in?
Title: Re: tutorial to add custom dialogue?
Post by: DeletedUser on July 29, 2013, 07:59:12 am
UGX Mod does it already. How to change them try looking for a tutorial for replacing sounds, there are a lot of them on the internet.
Post by: SajeOne on July 29, 2013, 08:58:56 am
Well the easiest way is to follow a tutorial for adding sounds like this one:
UGX Mods Tuts - Adding Custom Sounds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVmWFarXQpk#ws)

Instead of adding your sounds to the music box alias replace the VO's in the VO soundaliases and replace the file path with the path to your sounds. Then you can convert them through.
Post by: NaviLlicious on July 29, 2013, 09:38:14 am
thanks guys i will check out that video

Post Merge: July 29, 2013, 10:37:45 am
Well the easiest way is to follow a tutorial for adding sounds like this one:
UGX Mods Tuts - Adding Custom Sounds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVmWFarXQpk#ws)

Instead of adding your sounds to the music box alias replace the VO's in the VO soundaliases and replace the file path with the path to your sounds. Then you can convert them through.
alright so i copied my sounds over dempsey and got it converted and put into the mod but whenever i go to pick up the gun to test it dempsey still talks
Post by: SajeOne on July 29, 2013, 11:06:16 am
thanks guys i will check out that video

Post Merge: July 29, 2013, 10:37:45 am
alright so i copied my sounds over dempsey and got it converted and put into the mod but whenever i go to pick up the gun to test it dempsey still talks
Then you haven't overwritten it in the soundalias properly.
Title: Re: custom dialogue not working
Post by: NaviLlicious on July 29, 2013, 11:09:34 am
i changed the path of the lines for one of the weapon pickups and put my wav name after the path
Post by: SajeOne on July 29, 2013, 01:38:03 pm
i changed the path of the lines for one of the weapon pickups and put my wav name after the path
If you changed the correct one at least the other sound wouldn't be playing, if it is then you are probably overwriting the wrong sound.
Post by: NaviLlicious on July 29, 2013, 07:48:56 pm
im overwriting weappickup_raygun_00 i overwrited all the weappickup files for the ray gun would there be another place for that maybe?

Post Merge: July 31, 2013, 10:03:04 am
Got it working guys just forgot to compile derp