UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: Harry Bo21 on October 26, 2015, 05:14:42 pm

Title: Clientside anim problems
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 26, 2015, 05:14:42 pm
Now weve all seen this at some point with our moon walking hellhound friends, however no-one seems to be able to actually find the cause for this, but its now happening in other more troublesome areas, so i need some ideas

So for the dogs it was, the host saw em fine, but the clients would see no animations, and they would then just float around

Now im getting it with my mystery box on a particular map, but i noticed something

At first i thought it just wasnt animating, but infact i do see it move very very slightly. The host however is seeing the full animation

I tried everything to fix this with the dogs, i even did however that fix also did not work for this person, anyone got any ideas?
Title: Re: Clientside anim problems
Post by: treminaor on October 26, 2015, 05:21:09 pm
I've had this reported with Requiem as well, not sure what the cause is.
Post by: JBird632 on October 26, 2015, 05:23:51 pm
Leviathan had a similar issue with the excavators. Basically the host could see the animation of the excavator moving down and then spinning, but the clients didn't see anything so they would just walk straight into an invisible death wall. I don't see how this could be applied to dogs, but what we ended up doing was adding 3 wait_network_frame(); functions right before setting the animation and for some odd reason that worked.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 26, 2015, 05:26:44 pm
weird thing is, youve both had it on occasion but for Pro it happens all the time

Clients literally never see any animation at all ( except that tiny movement i noticed )

ill try the wait tho, i did have some wonders if that might help
Post by: MakeCents on October 26, 2015, 05:50:00 pm
It happened for me last Saturday night, only for dogs. If I was host the dogs skated for other players. But if they were host, they only skated for me.

Now the reason was my fault, I modified a script, and added a script. These were not my maps I modded. Once I removed my modification, and our scripts matched, The dogs worked again for everyone. (I was testing my weapon trader thing)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 26, 2015, 06:05:39 pm
It happened for me last Saturday night, only for dogs. If I was host the dogs skated for other players. But if they were host, they only skated for me.

Now the reason was my fault, I modified a script, and added a script. These were not my maps I modded. Once I removed my modification, and our scripts matched, The dogs worked again for everyone. (I was testing my weapon trader thing)
i cant understand how they would get mismatched, but cant hurt to check. Ill come back with my findings from all the various ideas
Post by: JBird632 on October 27, 2015, 12:39:23 am
weird thing is, youve both had it on occasion but for Pro it happens all the time
It wasn't on occasion - the excavator bug occurred all the time until we add those waits. It's kinda weird how 1 and 2 waits have no effect, but adding 3 somehow fixed it :/
Post by: MakeCents on October 27, 2015, 12:41:29 am
It wasn't on occasion - the excavator bug occurred all the time until we add those waits. It's kinda weird how 1 and 2 waits have no effect, but adding 3 somehow fixed it :/

I noticed a 3 second realwait after

Code Snippet
Plaintext
waitforclient( 0 );

Fixed a thundergun fx issue I was having before. It worked for host, but not other players until I added that.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 27, 2015, 07:51:28 am
your bringing some really interesting ideas guys :)

It wasn't on occasion - the excavator bug occurred all the time until we add those waits. It's kinda weird how 1 and 2 waits have no effect, but adding 3 somehow fixed it
Sorry i assumed, i thought someone else had said that was the case before. As for your three wait thing, I also noticed the Bo1 gscs use 3 in the choke functions, I wonder if they found the same thing?