UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: liamsa669 on October 17, 2015, 02:20:50 pm

Title: What do you think makes a map not look like it is in waw?
Post by: liamsa669 on October 17, 2015, 02:20:50 pm
As the title states, i'm curious what do you think makes a map not look or feel like a custom zombies one? There are a few maps in which they feel like they belong in either BO1 or BO2, maybe even BO3, but that's pushing it.

I feel lighting and textures are what make the maps look like it isn't in waw. As for game-play, I feel like any unique features make it feel differently than waw ( I'm talking about features that are more complex than a simple shoot dis or hold &&1 that )
Title: Re: What do you think makes a map not look like it is in waw?
Post by: timelordalex on October 17, 2015, 06:04:19 pm
As the title states, i'm curious what do you think makes a map not look or feel like a custom zombies one? There are a few maps in which they feel like they belong in either BO1 or BO2, maybe even BO3, but that's pushing it.

I feel lighting and textures are what make the maps look like it isn't in waw. As for game-play, I feel like any unique features make it feel differently than waw ( I'm talking about features that are more complex than a simple shoot dis or hold &&1 that )

Any maps that have bog standard stock WaW textures in most places i tend not to play them as it does make it feel like WaW -  i dont really like the WaW maps, i've had enough of them, the maps that feel like BO2 i like. I also like the BO1 map type feels - but not BO1 weapons as im starting to get tired of most of them now bar the WWs.
Post by: Centric on October 17, 2015, 06:12:39 pm
What I think makes maps look so unlike waw is the models and textures. I took my rushed Christmas map and replaced almost ever stock texture with custom textures and added little detailed models from bo2 like traffic cones and such and it makes such a huge difference. Unique features don't seem to make as much of a difference as the overall look to me.
Post by: MAK911 on October 17, 2015, 06:33:06 pm
Probably the addition of specs and normals on textures in the map. WAW was lacking in a lot of "depth" detailing so everything just seemed flat unless it was made specifically made not to (Like a trench). I mean, if you use stock WAW textures but then give each of them some form of specs and normals, you COULD pass it off as a non-stock map, but it would take a lot of work. Getting greatly detailed textures that don't have that "dry" look to them is definitely a step up also.
Post by: jei9363 on October 17, 2015, 06:37:31 pm
differently no WAW weapons.
Custom HUD
Change the zombie models
Change the round sound
Change the end game music
Change or randomize characters
Change the eye glow color
Black Ops perks atleast
Black Ops I or II style loadscreen
Post by: HitmanVere on October 17, 2015, 07:14:24 pm
differently no WAW weapons.
Custom HUD
Change the zombie models
Change the round sound
Change the end game music
Change or randomize characters
Change the eye glow color
Black Ops perks atleast
Black Ops I or II style loadscreen

Almost hit all with Project C, except loading screen is custom idea :ok:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 17, 2015, 08:15:47 pm
texture is a texture, who cares what game it came from

if it "fits" it "fits"

to start with BO2 and 1 are both full of a bunch of WaW textures and i bet none of you even spotted em in game lol  :D
Post by: jei9363 on October 17, 2015, 08:20:57 pm
texture is a texture, who cares what game it came from

if it "fits" it "fits"

to start with BO2 and 1 are both full of a bunch of WaW textures and i bet none of you even spotted em in game lol  :D

just thought about this seeing the white doors in Kino
Post by: johndoe on October 17, 2015, 08:31:17 pm
anything that isn't made to impress the players (spawning models that are off limits for example) :P