UGX-Mods

Everything Else => Other Games => Topic started by: ZombieSlayer5778 on October 03, 2015, 03:35:09 pm

Title: No Mans Sky
Post by: ZombieSlayer5778 on October 03, 2015, 03:35:09 pm
Are you guys exited for No Mans Sky? If you guys don't know what it is, it is an open-world game were you explore planets and stuff (terrible at describing, just go here http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/ (http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/)). It was on the Stephen Colbert late show showcasing the epic gameplay  :D! It looks epic, so you guys should check it out  :)
Title: Re: No Mans Sky
Post by: Eggies on October 03, 2015, 05:50:42 pm
Honestly I don't know. Starbound was like this "Infinitely generated world and explore planets game"  but then I realized most planets are alike and have similar functioning monsters. I don't know if this will be any different.  :-\
Post by: ZombieSlayer5778 on October 03, 2015, 06:05:45 pm
Honestly I don't know. Starbound was like this "Infinitely generated world and explore planets game"  but then I realized most planets are alike and have similar functioning monsters. I don't know if this will be any different.  :-\
Unlike Starbound, the computer generates an infinite number of monsters and worlds following a template, so each and every 16 quintillion planets are different envirements  :o
Post by: LegendHugo on November 10, 2015, 06:37:19 pm
The game has aproximately 18,446,744,073,709,551,616  planets and it would take billions of years to explore them all.
First time i heard about this i thought: "The most ambicious game in history of games!"
Post by: ZombieSlayer5778 on November 10, 2015, 08:42:06 pm
The game has aproximately 18,446,744,073,709,551,616  planets and it would take billions of years to explore them all.
First time i heard about this i thought: "The most ambicious game in history of games!"
I know right? Unfortunately, the game is not coming out until next June  :(
Post by: LegendHugo on November 10, 2015, 08:49:29 pm
Just June? Man thats a lot xD
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 10, 2015, 09:03:09 pm
Unlike Starbound, the computer generates an infinite number of monsters and worlds following a template, so each and every 16 quintillion planets are different envirements  :o
To be frank, they have said this about every "random generated anything", from RPGs, to world maps, to dungeons, to auto enemy placement, FPS etc etc etc

Still ends up all looking the same, usually just colour pallette swaps and identical quests with replaced names...

Wait and see
Post by: LegendHugo on November 10, 2015, 09:14:27 pm
To be frank, they have said this about every "random generated anything", from RPGs, to world maps, to dungeons, to auto enemy placement, FPS etc etc etc

Still ends up all looking the same, usually just colour pallette swaps and identical quests with replaced names...

Wait and see
Most likely...but a company like that would not be inovative in that aspect!
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 10, 2015, 09:25:03 pm
Most likely...but a company like that would not be inovative in that aspect!
are they ever?

not saying its impossible, but every one of these over the last 20 years that was meant to be "revolutional" ended up just as we described
Post by: LegendHugo on November 10, 2015, 09:49:51 pm
are they ever?

not saying its impossible, but every one of these over the last 20 years that was meant to be "revolutional" ended up just as we described
You are correct Harry. Good Analysis!