UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Map Releases => Topic started by: Soy-Yo on August 30, 2015, 06:09:52 pm

Title: The Fortress (First Map) [UPDATE V1.1.1]
Post by: Soy-Yo on August 30, 2015, 06:09:52 pm

THE FORTRESS (v1.1)

(http://i.imgur.com/6QuJeII.jpg)

YOUTUBERS, PLEASE PM ME IF YOU UPLOAD THIS MAP TO YT. I'D BE GLAD TO WATCH IT AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK

MEGA
mega.nz

MEDIAFIRE
www.mediafire.com

Hello everyone. I'm a new Spanish mapper and this is my first map.

The game takes place inside a fortress or a castle. You are a/some tourist that were visiting it until you heard a very loud noise, like something big falling down and then people shouting and running everywhere. And when you finally reach the main door you realise that it is blocked. Now you have to survive there fighting against the zombies and you have to find some way to escape.

I think this map is a bit hard (at least for me, I'm very bad at zombies), as there aren't many big areas. And this is my first map so don't expect any masterpiece.

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Features

Update changes

Screenshots
Spoiler: click to open...
(http://i.imgur.com/ggBK6TV.jpg)

(http://i.imgur.com/PXhcYG2.jpg)

(http://i.imgur.com/dQJapSr.jpg)

(http://i.imgur.com/YTnmxZj.jpg)

(http://i.imgur.com/UvupAs5.jpg)

Thanks To

SEPECIAL THANKS

If I've forgotten someone, please let me know and I'll add you.
And please tell me if you find any bug, so I can fix it.
Title: Re: The Fortress (First Map)
Post by: aissa.aymen on August 30, 2015, 07:29:54 pm
looking good ! il give it a try :)
Post by: DeletedUser on August 30, 2015, 07:45:59 pm
Oooohhhhh seems pretty good for first map :D
Post by: ZombieSlayer5778 on August 31, 2015, 12:14:12 am
Looks really good! Can't wait to try it!  :)
Post by: vinnyz500 on August 31, 2015, 02:18:24 am
A first map that isisnt a box or multiple boxes, nice. I'll give it a play later  ;)
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on August 31, 2015, 04:07:32 am
Very good for a 1st map
Post by: Soy-Yo on August 31, 2015, 09:15:05 am
Thank you very much guys! I really hope you like it! ;)

And now I have to say some things I forgot yesterday:

If someone had downloaded the map from MEGA before I deleted the file you may catch an error when trying to open it. I'm sorry for that but the MEGA app went crazy and updated my local file instead of the remote file.

I think that's all. If I still forget something I'll tell you in another post.

And please if some moderator can edit my original post to add those things. I think I can't do it because I'm a new member.
Post by: GoldxFR on August 31, 2015, 11:53:16 am
Good Map like it just watching the screenshots!
Post by: greeniezk5 on August 31, 2015, 01:51:55 pm
the links dont work ! either of them ,pls fix
Post by: KeepACrawler on August 31, 2015, 02:02:11 pm
Looks really good! Nice, simple, story line too.

Mega is missing file, Mediafire is working....
Post by: greeniezk5 on August 31, 2015, 02:41:16 pm
Looks really good! Nice, simple, story line too.

Mega is missing file, Mediafire is working....
yesterday neither work so getting there slowly, 1 out of 2 aint bad btw map is great fun but rather confusing ,loads of rooms to explore. may stream on twitch later this evening , twitch/greeniek5
Post by: jombersson on August 31, 2015, 03:00:12 pm
I dont have enough posts on the forums to pm you apparently  ):
Post by: KeepACrawler on August 31, 2015, 05:50:26 pm
I was having a lot of fun on your map, until I broke it  :'(
(http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/693906639104751429/F1F7B8A805E5C108447EBECDD01200BC6D9B67BD/)
Post by: Soy-Yo on August 31, 2015, 06:12:54 pm
I dont have enough posts on the forums to pm you apparently  ):
I have the same problem. If you want to PM me anything you can do it through YT. I have the link just below my avatar (I don't upload anything).

(http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/693906639104751429/F1F7B8A805E5C108447EBECDD01200BC6D9B67BD/)
LOL. :o Please, tell me how you did that and I'll try to fix it as soon I can.
Post by: LegitimateRage on September 01, 2015, 01:00:51 am
It was a really fun map my friend! I so desperately wanted to record my play-through but my PC couldn't handle it unfortunately :(

Don't feel bad about not importing new weapons on your first map, I've barely been able to manage making a box map lol :P Seriously though when someone's first map is more than standard WaW features you know that the Mapmaker has talent and a lot to offer so I look forward to seeing your talent progress :D
Post by: greeniezk5 on September 01, 2015, 01:34:30 am
lol did the same thing on my live stream , luckily the map maker was watching so he now knows the issue ,along with couple of others    http://www.twitch.tv/greeniek5/v/13795173 (http://www.twitch.tv/greeniek5/v/13795173)   1hr 10mins in to video
Post by: KeepACrawler on September 01, 2015, 02:18:11 am
That pic I took was at the top corner of the stairs that lead up to the roof top. I hope that helps. Unfortunately that was the only angle of view i was left with. I had to end it as i was obviously stuck.
Post by: abritishguy2 on September 01, 2015, 07:17:30 am
Nice layout but too easy round 18 was just mowing through them
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 01, 2015, 08:28:11 am
It was a really fun map my friend! I so desperately wanted to record my play-through but my PC couldn't handle it unfortunately :(

Don't feel bad about not importing new weapons on your first map, I've barely been able to manage making a box map lol :P Seriously though when someone's first map is more than standard WaW features you know that the Mapmaker has talent and a lot to offer so I look forward to seeing your talent progress :D
Thank you so much! :D I have some other ideas but I won't have many time this year, so you'll have to wait to see other maps.

That pic I took was at the top corner of the stairs that lead up to the roof top. I hope that helps. Unfortunately that was the only angle of view i was left with. I had to end it as i was obviously stuck.
I watched greenizk5 stream and he got stuck in the same corner so now I know where it is. I'll be fixing it and some other bugs, like one thing of the easter egg is glitchy. And I'll update the map as soon as the forum lets me edit my posts.

Double Post Merge: September 01, 2015, 12:36:41 pm
LOL. It's been fast. I fixed the following bugs:

I couldn't fix a bug that it's possible to see the sky through a door, but it's out of the map so it isn't very important. But, anyway, I'll keep trying to fix it before I update the links.

And I added or changed some other things:

And I think that's all. I'm going to update the map soon, when I'm able to edit posts. So if you find any other bugs, please let me know so I can fix them.
Post by: franco95 on September 01, 2015, 01:56:57 pm
now i'm uploading the video of this map, but me and my friends can't reach the PAP, we buyed the radio of 5000 in the prison but nothing happened.
Post by: KeepACrawler on September 01, 2015, 03:01:33 pm
I you want,  you can send me and Greenie the update to run through before you upload it and we can check it over for you. I think I can speak for him and say that we wouldn't mind  :troll:
Post by: XxZombie07xX on September 01, 2015, 03:26:51 pm
Im Going To give it a go and maybe upload to youtube My youtube channel is really bad though https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFBImR1gQSUctmUzHIDpbiw (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFBImR1gQSUctmUzHIDpbiw)
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 01, 2015, 05:01:25 pm
now i'm uploading the video of this map, but me and my friends can't reach the PAP, we buyed the radio of 5000 in the prison but nothing happened.
Radios don't open PaP room. You have to do a mini easter egg to open it, but not with the radios. Radios open another room.
I'm looking forward to see your video. ;)

I you want,  you can send me and Greenie the update to run through before you upload it and we can check it over for you. I think I can speak for him and say that we wouldn't mind  :troll:
Well, if you want I can send it to you to test it. But I'll wait a few days to see if I can find and fix more bugs. And I can't send PMs now so I'll have to email you if you don't mind.
Post by: greeniezk5 on September 01, 2015, 06:35:10 pm

hehe you certainly can, keepacrawler  ;)
Post by: franco95 on September 01, 2015, 08:14:00 pm
here is the video, what easter egg i have to do?

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8291.0.html (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8291.0.html)
Post by: LegitimateRage on September 01, 2015, 09:12:06 pm
I finally got OBS working and I was able to record a gameplay! It's only 720p but it's the best I could do. Unfortunately

Double Post Merge: September 01, 2015, 09:13:10 pm
I met the same ends as greeniezk5, I fell down the hole lol :P Here's my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZLHEgdaTv4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZLHEgdaTv4)
Post by: Studly on September 01, 2015, 10:12:08 pm
For your first Map this is Bloody excellent Well Done . I have thoroughly enjoyed playing this Map, keep them coming .
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 01, 2015, 10:22:21 pm
Oh... Sorry for the hole. I should have taken more care before releasing my map. :(

I'll watch your videos later.

franco95 there are two easter eggs, so you started one of them with the radio, but there's another one with...
Spoiler: click to open...
...teddy bears (one is difficult to hit so you might try it from different angles or wait for the update).

Studly, thank you. :D I'll try to start another map soon and hope you like it at least like this.
Post by: kennyunleashed on September 02, 2015, 06:41:38 am
No offense, since this is your first map, but I got stuck. lol  ::)

(http://i.imgur.com/3T7Ef3C.png)
Post by: Balegodragon on September 02, 2015, 07:15:50 am
If anyone out there wants a friend on was and plays custom maps, you can add me on waw or message me on hereBaLegoDragon is the gamer tag on waw!!  :rainbow:
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 02, 2015, 10:23:39 pm
Well, I've been watching videos of the map and I think I've fixed all the bugs. So, KeepACrawler and greeniezk5, if you want I send you the update before releasing it. Of course I'll add you to the Thanks section.
Post by: greeniezk5 on September 06, 2015, 07:35:13 am
Well, I've been watching videos of the map and I think I've fixed all the bugs. So, KeepACrawler and greeniezk5, if you want I send you the update before releasing it. Of course I'll add you to the Thanks section.
pls send the update glad to play it again
Post by: SC36DC on September 06, 2015, 05:38:41 pm
I wanted to try this out, but it crashed upon loading. Anyone else experience this?
Post by: Eggies on September 06, 2015, 08:10:41 pm
Wow! very nice for a first map. However I got a few problems:

First, Most things seemed a BIT too dark, and also I was getting redness in a lot of places. Did you put reflection probes on your map?

Second, the PPsh on the wall is not a very good idea, as you can just buy it and your set for life. It really makes the box obsolete.

Third, I still had some zombies derping outside a window. He was facing the window near the ppsh, presumably because the window is pointed the wrong way.

However, I did look at other people's games, and they didn't seem to have the same problems.

Also, I was wondering if you could tell me how you got the custom menu screen, because I can't find out how to make one. PM me if you can. Thanks  :)

BTW awesome map.  :rainbow:
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 06, 2015, 10:13:12 pm
First, Most things seemed a BIT too dark, and also I was getting redness in a lot of places. Did you put reflection probes on your map?
I wanted some zones to be totally dark, so I had to lower the Ambient. But in my computer it didn't look that dark. And I didn't know what reflection probes do, so I didn't use them. :-\

Second, the PPsh on the wall is not a very good idea, as you can just buy it and your set for life. It really makes the box obsolete.
I know many people like PPSH, so I put it there. I don't know if it's a good idea... Maybe I'll change it... I'm not sure.

Third, I still had some zombies derping outside a window. He was facing the window near the ppsh, presumably because the window is pointed the wrong way.
It is now fixed, as many other bugs. I'll upload the v1.1 tomorrow I think.

Also, I was wondering if you could tell me how you got the custom menu screen, because I can't find out how to make one. PM me if you can. Thanks  :)
I've just followed a tutorial. I'll PM you the link and ask me any question you have.

I'm really glad you enjoyed my map. ;)
Post by: Eggies on September 06, 2015, 11:55:11 pm
I wanted some zones to be totally dark, so I had to lower the Ambient. But in my computer it didn't look that dark. And I didn't know what reflection probes do, so I didn't use them. :-\

A reflection probe, when placed below or above lights, gets rid of the annoying redness around the map.

I know many people like PPSH, so I put it there. I don't know if it's a good idea... Maybe I'll change it... I'm not sure.

While people DO like it, it makes the map WAY too easy and makes it so there's no point to get the box since the PPSH is one of the strongest guns available. Replace it with a shotgun or something.

It is now fixed, as many other bugs. I'll upload the v1.1 tomorrow I think.

Good  :)

I've just followed a tutorial. I'll PM you the link and ask me any question you have.

Thanks  :D

Post by: Harry Bo21 on September 07, 2015, 12:06:18 am
Also, if you wondered what reflection probes "literally" do

I believe it takes a image from the closest reflection probe to your location, to the closest angles to you, this image is then used to display reflections ( for spec and nmls on the textures, regular/dynamic lighting etc ) to appear correctly, using the geometry and things from the image it took

Because you are missing them entirely, they use a default image. Which is the colour red

I think anyway lol

When you compile your map, youll see images of it, those are being taken from the reflection probes

Useless info i know, just incase you wondered
Post by: steviewonder87 on September 07, 2015, 12:11:01 am
Also, if you wondered what reflection probes "literally" do

I believe it takes a image from the closest reflection probe to your location, to the closest angles to you, this image is then used to display reflections ( for spec and nmls on the textures ) to appear correctly, using the geometry and things from the image it took

Because you are missing them entirely, they use a default image. Which is the colour red

I think anyway lol

When you compile your map, youll see images of it, those are being taken from the reflection probes

Useless info i know, just incase you wondered
If you compile with reflections checked off it's much faster but your map is all rainbowy :nyan:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on September 07, 2015, 12:21:05 am
If you compile with reflections checked off it's much faster but your map is all rainbowy :nyan:
that I did not know, but now have a strange curiosity to try it out lol
Title: Re: The Fortress (First Map) [UPDATE V1.1]
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 07, 2015, 05:34:00 pm
So there we have the update. Hope I don't have to update the map any more.
I added the reflection probes bellow every single light (I think I haven't missed any). So the redness should be fixed I think.
Thanks, Tiyoushi, for your PPsh suggestion, and Harry Bo21 for the info about reflection probes.
And of course, than you greeniezk5 for yesterday stream. It was a pity I couldn't be there from the beginning, but I've just watched it and I fixed those minor bugs you found.
Post by: greeniezk5 on September 07, 2015, 09:08:42 pm
So there we have the update. Hope I don't have to update the map any more.
I added the reflection probes bellow every single light (I think I haven't missed any). So the redness should be fixed I think.
Thanks, Tiyoushi, for your PPsh suggestion, and Harry Bo21 for the info about reflection probes.
And of course, than you greeniezk5 for yesterday stream. It was a pity I couldn't be there from the beginning, but I've just watched it and I fixed those minor bugs you found.
your welcome ,enjoyed every minute of it and look forward to your future projects
Post by: Breaks on September 08, 2015, 02:50:08 am
Instead of completely removing the PPSH from the game besides getting it from the box (which I barely used), you should add it to the buyable ending room for a gun to use to rack up points. That's just my opinion, but you can add anything else if necessary.
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 09, 2015, 05:13:53 pm
Instead of completely removing the PPSH from the game besides getting it from the box (which I barely used), you should add it to the buyable ending room for a gun to use to rack up points. That's just my opinion, but you can add anything else if necessary.
I thought it before removing the PPsh, but in my opinion it would have made the map much easier, because you don't have to go anywhere after opening that room. Camping there is a bit hard because there aren't any weapon to buy ammo. And I wanted so.
Post by: HitmanVere on September 09, 2015, 05:23:50 pm
I decided to download 1.1 version, since 1.0 was said to be buggy, but yeah :poker:
(http://i.imgur.com/OJ8M2Gp.png)
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 09, 2015, 06:11:55 pm
I decided to download 1.1 version, since 1.0 was said to be buggy, but yeah :poker:
(http://i.imgur.com/OJ8M2Gp.png)
Sorry. :facepalm:
How did you do that?

EDIT: I think I've just found it, but it was really hard to do.
Post by: HitmanVere on September 09, 2015, 06:25:53 pm
Sorry. :facepalm:
How did you do that?

EDIT: I think I've just found it, but it was really hard to do.

It wasnt hard to do, just had to crouch jump :poker: And it works on all windows :poker:
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 09, 2015, 06:33:43 pm
The windows were a prefab, so if the prefab has any problem, all the windows will have it.
But I'm just uploading the map fixed.
I'm really sorry for the bugs. :(
Post by: HitmanVere on September 09, 2015, 06:34:44 pm
The windows were a prefab, so if the prefab has any problem, all the windows will have it.
But I'm just uploading the map fixed.
I'm really sorry for the bugs. :(

There were few other issues as well, so dont upload just yet new version, if it only fixes windows. Send me PM and I will help with some
Post by: Eggies on September 09, 2015, 08:16:52 pm
Soy-oy I had this problem too.  :poker:

To fix people jumping out of windows you go to textures>usage>tools Then select clip

Now move every window back a little bit to create a space like this

I  <---- Wall
              Space ---->    I  <------- Window
                                  I <---- Wall

Now fill that space with "clip"

Basically, if you put clip in front of a window, players will NOT be able to go through it, but zombies will. (Ignore "clip_player" It didn't work for me  :troll:) So what I'm telling you is just back the window up a bit to create a space, and fill that space with clip. (By the way, the space should be rather small, as even a tiny brush of clip stops players)

Hope this helps!  :)
Post by: SC36DC on September 09, 2015, 11:40:49 pm
I wanted to try this out, but it crashed upon loading. Anyone else experience this?

This also happened to me. How do we fix this? What is needed in order to play it?
Title: Re: The Fortress (First Map) [UPDATE V1.1.1]
Post by: LukeMario100 on September 16, 2015, 07:36:10 pm
Awesome downloading it now

Double Post Merge
loading it now

Double Post Merge
testing map

Double Post Merge
made it to round 19 first try
Title: Re: The Fortress (First Map) [UPDATE V1.1.1]
Post by: e0894ed4 on September 25, 2015, 10:38:56 am
downloading thanks for mega link