UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: conn6orsuper117 on August 05, 2015, 01:48:09 am

Title: Do you guys know where YouAlwaysWin gets their maps?
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on August 05, 2015, 01:48:09 am
Hey Guys, I was looking at a couple of maps that seemed pretty interesting to play on YouAlwaysWin's channel and I saw that YouAlwaysWin Never Updates their description for the downloads of their maps like Q*Bert or Indiana Jones.

Its pretty disappointing because neither Gunns or Meaty read their UGX Replies (or even care) and its pretty Irritating. so I wanted to Ask you where they get their maps, Other than some maps that can be found on UGX. do you guys know?
Title: Re: Do you guys know where YouAlwaysWin gets their maps?
Post by: sevengpluke on August 05, 2015, 01:54:24 am
I believe those maps are exclusive to them. So there aren't any public links. You may be able to get a download link if you ask the mapper directly if their name was mentioned in the video, otherwise it's exclusive to them I believe.
Post by: Dust on August 05, 2015, 02:22:51 am
Yes, some of those maps are exclusive to them so there isn't a way to get the maps unfortunately.
Post by: tomikaze on August 05, 2015, 03:10:20 am
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FvyYw0Lx.jpg%3F1&hash=73c215ef2312a171f9b358526937ca023a868241)
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 05, 2015, 11:02:20 pm
Imo all the YAW Exclusive maps are garbage anyway.
Post by: HitmanVere on August 05, 2015, 11:05:58 pm
Imo all the YAW Exclusive maps are garbage anyway.

Castle Black looked amazing
Post by: TheScotchGuy on August 05, 2015, 11:36:42 pm
I have been waiting for this topic to be made for multiple reasons..

#1 Being, why should they get paid to release the video content of these maps while we slave away at this mapping game for hours/weeks/months and expect nothing other than just getting to play new maps every week, they seem to get new maps on a daily basis which i'm not mad at cos half of them look fucking garbage but i don't see why they should get special content exclusive to them so that they can make money from and the mappers get left in the lurch after spending time and effort on actually making the map for them, They don't credit the mappers in the description either which i think is extremely shit on the mapper also as they are just looking for publicity of there map, i know this is not the case with YAW as every map has a promotion towards them, but why shouldn't the maps be released?.
By my reckoning they have a setup like they did with the christmas competition, Ask for maps then tell the mappers not to release them until they can put out a video, Don't they realize we do this shit for free while they rack up the cash from our content?. This is the only reason i disagree with exclusives to youtuber's.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on August 06, 2015, 03:17:17 am
I have been waiting for this topic to be made for multiple reasons..

#1 Being, why should they get paid to release the video content of these maps while we slave away at this mapping game for hours/weeks/months and expect nothing other than just getting to play new maps every week, they seem to get new maps on a daily basis which i'm not mad at cos half of them look fucking garbage but i don't see why they should get special content exclusive to them so that they can make money from and the mappers get left in the lurch after spending time and effort on actually making the map for them, They don't credit the mappers in the description either which i think is extremely shit on the mapper also as they are just looking for publicity of there map, i know this is not the case with YAW as every map has a promotion towards them, but why shouldn't the maps be released?.
By my reckoning they have a setup like they did with the christmas competition, Ask for maps then tell the mappers not to release them until they can put out a video, Don't they realize we do this shit for free while they rack up the cash from our content?. This is the only reason i disagree with exclusives to youtuber's.

Thats how Youtubers are, You see Youtubers like Laggin24x who have under 250,000 be all over their Subscribers and take suggestions and Do this for their Subs, but once they get 1,000,000+ (Warning: Rant Ahead) and they're stupidly Negligent towards their subs and completely think they get the Luxury while people Slave to get out their content, and suddenly they think: "Oh we have 1,000,000 Subs, we dont need to do this for our fans because were up in the highlife now, Lets Drop Minecraft and another popular Series, lets kill ourselves at 22 when we have a Huge Easter egg dedicated to US!, lets quit responding to our PM's and Requests."

I love YAW and I enjoy their videos, but its stupid when they just do this. some of the maps they play are Kind of Innovative like Zombies Q*Bert and some other map, But it makes me Rage when they wouldnt post where they get their maps and Why they dont wanna share with Us
Post by: tomikaze on August 06, 2015, 03:31:41 am
Ok Conn6or, fair enough, but for most people determined enough to get 1 million subs anything and everything is a stepping stone, a means to an end. And once they have exhausted what they feel the can get out of something they move on. There are guys who are far more talented zombie players than them but the ones who are business savvy climb the ladder and make some serious money - which is the endgame let's not kid ourselves here.
In their zombie videos they say the exact same things in every video, it's mind-numbing, you could essentially take the audio track for one of them and play it over any other zombie map and it'd line up 90%, but so far it's worked out for them just fine. If I got super famous I probably wouldn't spend my days in here with you guys either, I'd be swimming in my cash vault Scrooge Mcduck style. Is that wrong? Not really. You might think that sucks but you'd do the same thing and then I'd be the one complaining.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 06, 2015, 04:28:38 am
Ok Conn6or, fair enough, but for most people determined enough to get 1 million subs anything and everything is a stepping stone, a means to an end. And once they have exhausted what they feel the can get out of something they move on. There are guys who are far more talented zombie players than them but the ones who are business savvy climb the ladder and make some serious money - which is the endgame let's not kid ourselves here.
In their zombie videos they say the exact same things in every video, it's mind-numbing, you could essentially take the audio track for one of them and play it over any other zombie map and it'd line up 90%, but so far it's worked out for them just fine. If I got super famous I probably wouldn't spend my days in here with you guys either, I'd be swimming in my cash vault Scrooge Mcduck style. Is that wrong? Not really. You might think that sucks but you'd do the same thing and then I'd be the one complaining.
lol still wrong...

but puts a rather amusing duck image in my head ;)
Post by: OPL on August 06, 2015, 04:56:27 am
Can vouch has someone who helped alot of zombie youtubers when they were under 100K, seriously once you hit 100K you pretty much ( 90% of the time) become a giant kiss ass to everyone around you with more subs and completely only care about growing, i like how theres this big movement that has a community we will become one together, come black ops 3 release everyone will be at each others throats trying to be first with an easter egg tutorial and gaining that sweet monay.
Post by: KnivingCombat777 on August 10, 2015, 03:26:36 pm
Yaw sucks ass right now, don't even watch em anymore, seems like their is almost no youtuber who still gives credit to mappers and put links in description
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on August 10, 2015, 09:03:15 pm
Yaw sucks ass right now, don't even watch em anymore, seems like their is almost no youtuber who still gives credit to mappers and put links in description
Laggin24x does, NGTzombies do, and so does MrdalekJD. I basically Unsubbed YAW a while ago about a week before I posted this topic
Post by: steviewonder87 on August 10, 2015, 09:52:21 pm
Fuck you Tom... :-[ We never liked you anyway....

Spoiler: click to open...
Please don't leave us :'(

Laggin24x does, NGTzombies do, and so does MrdalekJD. I basically Unsubbed YAW a while ago about a week before I posted this topic
And I'm sure they miss you Connor. :)
Post by: DeathBringerZen on August 11, 2015, 12:36:19 am
I would assume that Gunns has a deal going with a mapper to make him some channel exclusive challenge maps built around various themes and that they contain nice and simple puzzles for him and meaty to take part in. Pretty sure the mapper will be getting paid for his services of course.

I think it is an absolute genius move on their part. Customs is a huge draw for the channel and their audience would obviously prefer to see them partake in wacky challenges over training anyway. They are entertainment maps and nothing more and I have to commend him on doing it. Clever indeed.
Post by: x_xMayheMx_x on August 11, 2015, 01:31:02 am
  Its a simple business tactic, "Lets have something that people want and no one else has". For example your favorite youtuber might be Laggin24x and you typically wait to watch any game play of a map until Laggin uploads it.
  But sense yaw has a mapper in their pocket for exclusive content you will be forced to watch the content published by them to see the new map. Therefore simply boosting their view counts and subs.

As for the opinions on the quality of maps that they have exclusive access of, believe it or not these "parody" zombie maps are actually very large hits and receive a lot of views/likes for as boxy and simplistic as they seem. Where as here at ugx (as well as other CZ sites) I sense we hold our criteria for maps higher than the general public who do not create maps or have the opportunity to play any.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 11, 2015, 09:53:06 am
lol JD credits mappers???

lol thats a good one...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Spoiler: click to open...
had a facebook argument with him where he literally said "I dont have to if i dont want to"

Didnt even mention Redspaces name in 4 damn videos but did manage to say "hit the like button" 59 times... and advertised his map as "Black Ops 3" causing huge commotion nearly resulting in the map not coming out at all

Screams in amazement at broken, featureless, tacky box maps for "revolutionizing" zombies...

reads a price of 400,000 as 40,000 and wonders why he cant buy the endgame and quits...

and more...
Post by: KnivingCombat777 on August 11, 2015, 10:25:46 am
Dalek is bad too sometimes, but you can't be worse then YaW. They don't even put the name of the map in the title or description. When they are playing Dixmor Asylum they play : " Criminally insane zombies "  :please:
The big channels just have that thick layer of arrogance on them, that growd thicker with every sub.
By the way, Dalek just has misleading titles so he could get some views, "most insane map ever" for example, for every map he plays  :poker:
Post by: DeathBringerZen on August 11, 2015, 02:30:33 pm
Dalek is bad too sometimes, but you can't be worse then YaW. They don't even put the name of the map in the title or description. When they are playing Dixmor Asylum they play : " Criminally insane zombies "

You have to be kidding, right? How can you not get worse than YaW? Seriously you are full of shit with that statement. They always put map links into their descriptions and have actively ran a competition on this site that paid out handsomely. Just because they don't put a map name in a description suddenly they are the worst of all? Please...

There is numerous greedy bastard Youtuber's out there who visit this site daily and don't put mapper names or links in their videos or descriptions. They literally come in take shit and leave without even a simple acknowledgement and you are trying to claim YaW are the worst? Your comment is arrogant and rude in my opinion.

Post by: e0894ed4 on August 11, 2015, 07:26:06 pm
YAW and NGT boring. They're not fun. I don't know why people are watching them.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 11, 2015, 08:16:27 pm
By the way, Dalek just has misleading titles so he could get some views, "most insane map ever" for example, for every map he plays  :poker:
lol, yea, if you didnt catch my hint - i realize this lol

This were all points i made to him on facebook, till he decided to delete my comments, and his replies and then block my communications ( along with the other 2 guys agreeing with me ) lol

So I can still sub and like, but criticize? Off the table lol, be muted my son
Post by: steviewonder87 on August 11, 2015, 08:30:33 pm
Guys smash that like button!

Can I get a like for that!

Dont forget to like, favourite and subscribe!

Subscribe for more amazing content!

Help support us by subscribing!

If you liked the video leave a like!

If you wanna see more videos like this make sure to leave a like!

- every Youtuber ever.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 11, 2015, 08:58:50 pm
Guys smash that like button!

Can I get a like for that!

Dont forget to like, favourite and subscribe!

Subscribe for more amazing content!

Help support us by subscribing!

If you liked the video leave a like!

If you wanna see more videos like this make sure to leave a like!

- every Youtuber ever.

I considered dropping to the same level

Had to jump in the shower almost as soon as the thought crossed my mind lol
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on August 12, 2015, 08:40:22 pm
youtu.be/BI9aRoqV3E8?t=112 (http://youtu.be/BI9aRoqV3E8?t=112)

I seriously think they've gone overboard now
Post by: SoulTaker on August 12, 2015, 08:46:33 pm
Eh to be honest I find their voices annoying alongside with NGTs Spiderbites voice can't stand it no disrespect or anything, but that's my two cents on the topic.
Post by: Ramiabdh on August 12, 2015, 08:57:35 pm
Only thing I watch those youtubers is when I wanna have a look at any map, strategies blabla. But I never try just ENJOY watching a series or video. As much as those youtubers get subs, they're still some free time people, good for nothing, just game for living and not the opposite. Hell once I wanted to upload a video, but the effort done (laziness effort) was too much that I gave up. Imagine those guys sitting endless hours playing and commenting ...
Post by: MechromancerX on August 12, 2015, 09:06:34 pm
I don't watch custom zombies anymore because:

1. It spoils the map if you haven't played it yet;
2. There is no such thing as strategy in custom zombies;
3. I don't like their humour (anymore), because it simply get's spoiled every map, if you watched 1 vid, you watched every vid (and in this case yaw is the best example).

But that is just my OPINION :P
Post by: bportjoey on August 13, 2015, 12:08:48 am
Dalek is arrogant and disrespectful to THIS website, I have never once heard him mention or thank UGX and very very rarely mentions the map makers name, yet the map makers on this site continue on giving him exclusive pre-release access to showcase their map.  I get it you hes big and he can get your map a ton of recognition. If I was a map make I would for sure make it part of our "deal" that he at least mentions me in the start of the video and more importantly give a shout out to UGX which could potentially send hundreds of new members to this site.  As far as YAW goes at least they contribute to this website and the community and always gives props to the map makers.   
Post by: TheScotchGuy on August 14, 2015, 05:37:37 pm
I feel that there should be a new rule enforced that if your gonna use UGX MOD on your map it HAS to be released on UGX and not just to youtubers =)
Post by: tomikaze on August 14, 2015, 06:02:37 pm
I feel that there should be a new rule enforced that if your gonna use UGX MOD on your map it HAS to be released on UGX and not just to youtubers =)
Right, and how would you enforce that? You got a lawyer who specializes in taking on petty cases with no money in it where the probability of no judge even being willing to see the case is 100%? But yea, let's go ahead and make a "rule" about that that we don't intend to enforce. America's immigration law is laughing at you right now, ha, ha, ha!
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 17, 2015, 09:27:15 pm
Right, and how would you enforce that? You got a lawyer who specializes in taking on petty cases with no money in it where the probability of no judge even being willing to see the case is 100%? But yea, let's go ahead and make a "rule" about that that we don't intend to enforce. America's immigration law is laughing at you right now, ha, ha, ha!
its also goint to be a public mod, released under the mod tools that are on "public" license, meaning you can do what you like with them

good luck fighting that in court. Almost as silly as a certain someone who accused me of "stealing" from his "tutorial"...