UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: NinjasWithCandy on June 17, 2013, 01:46:45 pm

Title: Zip Extraction Error
Post by: NinjasWithCandy on June 17, 2013, 01:46:45 pm
I keep getting this error:

Zip Extraction Error:
ExtractTofolder(
"C:\Users\Timothy Morris\AppData\Local\Temp\UGX Map Manager\Cabin%20v1.1.zip",
"C:\Users\Timothy Morris\AppData\Local\Temp\UGX Map Manager\Cabin%20v1.1.zip",
True
);

Exception Message:

CRC Mismatch

Then it says:

Installing the downloaded map failed. The downloaded zip will be kept in the user temp folder until the program closes.

Help:
Because the specfic point at which the install failed is unknown, nothing will be erased from what was completed of the install. However, the zip file downloaded is kept in your user temp folder. You may use it to see what files should be installed, and delete ones that successfully installed if you'd like.

Error code - Please show this to [UGX] Aidan: 3

Note: i have redownloaded the map in question several times as said on the forums previously with no result. I have however been able to manually install a few maps that i found from "customcod.com."
Title: Re: Zip Extraction Error
Post by: treminaor on July 09, 2013, 04:56:15 am
Go to http://speedtest.net (http://speedtest.net) and post your results here.
Post by: NinjasWithCandy on July 09, 2013, 03:04:32 pm
1 Unnecessary start up item,  10 registry irregularities, 14 repairable security vulnerabilities, one or more signs of corruption, your internet settings may not be optimized for best performance, your computer contains 4.93 GB of system file clutter in 26782 files, Your computer contains 21.43 MB of internet clutter in 982 files.
Post by: treminaor on July 09, 2013, 05:38:34 pm
1 Unnecessary start up item,  10 registry irregularities, 14 repairable security vulnerabilities, one or more signs of corruption, your internet settings may not be optimized for best performance, your computer contains 4.93 GB of system file clutter in 26782 files, Your computer contains 21.43 MB of internet clutter in 982 files.
Speedtest.net is used to test your Internet speed. It sounds like you clicked an advertisement...
Here is a guide on using the site:

How to use Speedtest.net (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of3IKw86__Y#)
Post by: NinjasWithCandy on July 09, 2013, 05:44:23 pm
download is 21.12 mbps and upload is 8.79mbps
Post by: treminaor on July 09, 2013, 05:49:43 pm
download is 21.12 mbps and upload is 8.79mbps
What about ping?
Post by: NinjasWithCandy on July 09, 2013, 05:52:43 pm
ping is like 10
Post by: treminaor on July 09, 2013, 05:53:35 pm
ping is like 10
Well then it's definitely not your internet connection that's a problem. Do you have any anti-virus or firewall installed? Did you try running the Manager as an Administrator?
Post by: NinjasWithCandy on July 09, 2013, 05:56:20 pm
Yes I have run it as administrator, and I have Windows Defender which doesn't work very well :P
Post by: treminaor on July 09, 2013, 06:02:25 pm
Yes I have run it as administrator, and I have Windows Defender which doesn't work very well :P
Have you tried downloading any maps other than Cabin? Try downloading Zombie House, it's the smallest-sized map (megabyte-wise) on the Manager and would be a good test.
Post by: NinjasWithCandy on July 09, 2013, 06:03:35 pm
I have tried Cabin previously and with no result   :'(

Post Merge: July 09, 2013, 06:04:14 pm
Sorry, I have downloaded other maps, like Illuminati Island, Comosea, and more.
Post by: treminaor on July 09, 2013, 06:05:27 pm
I have tried Cabin previously and with no result   :'(

Post Merge: July 09, 2013, 06:04:14 pm
Sorry, I have downloaded other maps, like Illuminati Island, Comosea, and more.
Maybe there is a problem with the Cabin download, then. I'll check it out when I get a chance and let you know soon.
Post by: treminaor on July 10, 2013, 01:34:05 am
I haven't changed anything and I'm able to download UGX Cabin perfectly fine.
Post by: NinjasWithCandy on July 10, 2013, 12:52:44 pm
then how come I am not able to download any maps then? My internet is fine, and my computer installs everything else perfectly.
Post by: SajeOne on July 10, 2013, 09:34:28 pm
then how come I am not able to download any maps then? My internet is fine, and my computer installs everything else perfectly.
I have also verified cabin works fine for me. If its not working for you then you are missing something, most likely one of the things on the UGX Map Manager FAQ (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0). This program works fine for hundreds of other people so this is not a fault on our end.
Post by: NinjasWithCandy on July 10, 2013, 09:39:55 pm
I got it working, however I didn't do anything or refer to the FAQ, which i looked at first when my problem began and it was of no help. I don't know if it is a random error that happens with the program or what, but I've been able to install hundreds of programs perfectly but UGX. In sight of this, I believe it is a rare error with the program and I have no fault on my end.
Post by: treminaor on July 11, 2013, 12:10:00 am
and I have no fault on my end.
It's always a fault on the user end at this point. The only involvement we have is whether we have added extra support for the hundreds of unknown specific cases on the user-side. Something about the state of your computer or antivirus or running programs etc must have changed because I assure you nothing has been changed on the server or in the application recently, which are the only two things we are responsible for and have control over.

If you figure out what causes it, let me know so that it can be added to the FAQ.