UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: SoulTaker on July 26, 2015, 02:09:46 am

Title: If you could save any map that has been cancelled/abandoned which would it be?
Post by: SoulTaker on July 26, 2015, 02:09:46 am
So since a lot of maps have been cancelled or abandoned due maybe life happening or the mod tools being stupid, I wanted to see what map would you guys save from certain damnation if you could?OR what map would you hope would come back.
There's a lot of maps that come to mind maps like Zombie Rust,TMG_FUTURE,Nuketown (It was a really good looking one on ZM back in the day),Castle Britannia and the list goes on and on...but if I had to pick one it would most defiantly be Excavation Site 128 by JBird632 I remember watching his videos on the progress of the map and was saddened to hear that it may never see the light of day.
What map would you pick?
Title: Re: If you could save any map that has been cancelled/abandoned which would it be?
Post by: MZslayer11 on July 26, 2015, 02:18:24 am
1. Frostbite
2. Exe. Site 128
3. Celtic Ruins
4. Castle Britannia
5. Town 2.0  :troll:

Spoiler: click to open...
Naw jk it's still alive
Title: Re: If you could save any map that has been cancelled/abandoned which would it be?
Post by: ShotgunRagtime on July 26, 2015, 02:53:58 am
Really good thread. Amazing nobody thought of this before!

I was definitely extremely disappointed when Exe 128 and Celtic were canceled due to asset issues. But TBH I'd really just like to see a version of Farm Swamp that's modernized with a PaP and whatnot.

Since CHN is alive and working on a map currently I may PM him about Farm Swamp, IDK.
Post by: Centric on July 26, 2015, 03:15:23 am
Lockdown bo1 mod, first map I played. really wanted to see it updated. And of course frostbite and excavation would be nice as well.
Post by: Andy Whelan on July 26, 2015, 03:27:35 am
TMG Future hasn't been cancelled/ abandoned. But I too really wanted to see rust
Post by: SoulTaker on July 26, 2015, 04:34:32 am
TMG Future hasn't been cancelled/ abandoned. But I too really wanted to see rust
I heard Rad gave up on it and was giving the map file to Jbird to see if he can fix it.  :poker:
Post by: Andy Whelan on July 26, 2015, 04:46:22 am
I heard Rad gave up on it and was giving the map file to Jbird to see if he can fix it.  :poker:

When did you hear this ???
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 26, 2015, 04:52:25 am
Rad as in Radimax?

Nope... I refuse to believe he needs anyhelp with the mapping side lol
Post by: MAK911 on July 26, 2015, 04:57:26 am
Slumber, Celtic Ruins (There's still hope yet thanks to pwn), I don't think Dead Amusement was ever released, Ray's Zombie Campaign (Yeah, everyone forgot about that awesome stuff :P), and this last one is a toss-up between Excavation site 128 or the Invader Zim map. I REALLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY wanted a shootable turkey :P
Post by: CyberMan1011 on July 26, 2015, 06:03:34 am
Wait, Frostbite was cancelled?

Damn, that sucks  :-\
Post by: JiffyNoodles on July 26, 2015, 07:45:30 am
1) Arrival (it looked like a really sick looking custom zombies map, I'll link a YT vid of early in-game footage)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7Qsfd_QCQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7Qsfd_QCQ)
2) Excavation 128, as I liked the layout and it just felt nice whenever I saw updates
3) Container City by Infinix, it looked really nice IMO, and I was sad when it was lost forever.
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on July 26, 2015, 08:10:43 am
nazi_zombie_paris  :troll:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 26, 2015, 08:36:05 am
lol, wonder if they will finally bring that back for BO3? The way they originally wanted?

If so the youtube conspiracy theorists that saw the photo in Der Reise will go nuts lol
Post by: daedra descent on July 26, 2015, 08:38:44 am

nazi_zombie_theater & nazi_zombie_coast  :troll:
Post by: Alerion on July 26, 2015, 10:01:26 am
Well,
1. The Awakening
2. Invader Zim
3. Excavation Site 128 (this map is canceled!?)
4. Cheese Cube unlimited (it should be here because that'd mean that it was canceled :troll:)
5. Amberg (one day... ONE day, I might finish it)
Post by: HitmanVere on July 26, 2015, 11:31:35 am
1. Celtic Ruins
2. Celtic Ruins
3. Celtic Ruins
4. Celtic Ruins
5. Celtic Ruins

Anyone who has played it knows why
Post by: Ramiabdh on July 26, 2015, 12:27:55 pm
Would project viking be counted as an abandoned map. If so, then I'd choose it, since it had so much potential...
Post by: DeletedUser on July 26, 2015, 01:32:20 pm
1. Arrival
2. Celtic Ruins
3. Castle Britannia
4. Frostbite
5. Lockdown Bo Mod
Spoiler: click to open...
Oil Rig  :troll:
Post by: MechromancerX on July 26, 2015, 01:48:58 pm
Castle Brittania
Relinquished (Project Nova)
Zombie Wolfsschanze
Desertstorm
Nazi Zombie Greenhouse
Post by: DeletedUser on July 26, 2015, 01:57:55 pm
Castle Brittania
Relinquished (Project Nova)
Zombie Wolfsschanze
Desertstorm
Nazi Zombie Greenhouse
Project Nova and Greenhouse are still working! ;)
Post by: Ramiabdh on July 26, 2015, 02:21:20 pm
Castle Brittania
Was really hyped for caste brittania so much... :-\
Post by: johndoe on July 26, 2015, 02:45:04 pm
desertstorm? i guess i should give radi a heads up so that he can stop wasting time on a cancelled map :troll:
Post by: steviewonder87 on July 26, 2015, 03:13:45 pm
desertstorm? i guess i should give radi a heads up so that he can stop wasting time on a cancelled map :troll:
He's still working on that? Thought the mapping was done like a year ago, version I have is just missing everything else...
Post by: DeletedUser on July 26, 2015, 03:21:47 pm
Funny thing is, Celtic is most likely going to make a comeback after Nuketown thanks to DYKIP...

But that's none of my business...

On a related note;

I'd probably save Frostbite, it literally got cancelled out of the blue...
Post by: Centric on July 26, 2015, 05:39:05 pm
nazi_zombie_theater & nazi_zombie_coast  :troll:

Nazi_zombie_theater is kino in bo1  :gusta:
Post by: daedra descent on July 26, 2015, 06:02:31 pm
Nazi_zombie_theater is kino is bo1  :gusta:

Or is it? Hmm...
Post by: steviewonder87 on July 26, 2015, 06:14:10 pm
Or is it? Hmm...
What was that map you made that I tested with the broken dogs and broken buyable max ammo script called again? That never got released did it? That's the abandoned map I most want to see released...:troll:
Post by: johndoe on July 26, 2015, 06:24:26 pm
He's still working on that? Thought the mapping was done like a year ago, version I have is just missing everything else...
as far as i remember, rdv has been helping him fix tmg future and other stuff. i would have known if radi decided to stop working on it i guess. and it's far freaking away from finished. we were talking about lots of extra areas and features. i'm pretty sure he wouldn't abandon it that easily :D
Post by: daedra descent on July 26, 2015, 06:40:36 pm
What was that map you made that I tested with the broken dogs and broken buyable max ammo script called again? That never got released did it? That's the abandoned map I most want to see released...:troll:

Still have it. I could finish it if Mod Tools would actually install correctly.  :gusta:
Post by: steviewonder87 on July 26, 2015, 06:51:29 pm
Still have it. I could finish it if Mod Tools would actually install correctly.  :gusta:
You can't even install Mod Tools correctly? Something even the noobiest kids on here can manage? Shameful...:-[
Post by: daedra descent on July 26, 2015, 06:55:25 pm
You can't even install Mod Tools correctly? Something even the noobiest kids on here can manage? Shameful...:-[

::)

Don't even start your crap Stevie.
Post by: jjbradman on July 26, 2015, 07:22:10 pm

someone cant handle the truth( D )  :gusta:
Post by: steviewonder87 on July 26, 2015, 07:23:41 pm

Lol, just sounds like a lame excuse. That map is like over a year old and you can't finish it because you can't install mod tools? How did you manage to make your 'Soviet' mods then? ::)
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on July 27, 2015, 01:10:14 am
1. Tranzit 2.0 (She's locked, Jim!)
2. Exe. Site 128
3. Celtic Ruins
4. Frostbite
5. Castle Britannia
6. Lockdown BO Mod

(honestly MZSlayer made a mojority of the list)
Post by: MZslayer11 on July 27, 2015, 03:18:49 am
1. Tranzit 2.0 (She's locked, Jim!)
2. Exe. Site 128
3. Celtic Ruins
4. Frostbite
5. Castle Britannia
6. Lockdown BO Mod

(honestly MZSlayer made a mojority of the list)

Ummmm TranZit 2.0 was unlocked over a week ago  :poker:
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on July 27, 2015, 09:23:31 pm
Ummmm TranZit 2.0 was unlocked over a week ago  :poker:

Oh... Ok thanks
Post by: SoulTaker on July 27, 2015, 10:02:49 pm
Lol the thread was meant for someone to pick only one map they could save but it's turned into list of maps. :P