UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Mods Releases => Topic started by: daedra descent on July 23, 2015, 06:19:25 am

Title: noDogs mod
Post by: daedra descent on July 23, 2015, 06:19:25 am
Description: Disables hellhounds/dogs on maps that use the stock hellhound var(pretty much 100% of maps).

Tested by loading into nazi zombie factory(der reise) and going up to round 12 & against _zombiemode_dogs script that comes with sniperbolt's mod tools patch(what maps use).

While i didn't test it against a custom map, i see no reason why it shouldn't work. However if it doesn't or there is a compatibility issue please tell me.

To install: Just drop and drag the IWD into the map folder that has dogs enabled.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xl40dan94bnsc3v/noDogs.iwd (http://www.mediafire.com/download/xl40dan94bnsc3v/noDogs.iwd)
Title: Re: noDogs mod
Post by: X0master on July 24, 2015, 01:53:23 am
i don't understand the point of this to be honest, no offence, you can just do
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//maps\_zombiemode_dogs::init();
in _zombiemode.gsc  to disable dogs. :-\
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on July 24, 2015, 02:49:20 am
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Not even close.
You can disable the initialization but you won't remove the code that's related to it.
i.e. dlc3_code.gsc/mapname.gsc
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 25, 2015, 07:33:43 am
Code Snippet
Plaintext
some things can be done this way, but only if they are designed to be "standalone"

By that I mean no other script references anything in the script in question. All its work is done internally only

Otherwise you get missing script or missing function errors from anycode that was "pointing" at either that script, or functions within that script

Example is zombiemode_spawner, theres a whole bunch of stuff in there thats called from other scripts, so removing it or the init for it will just cause a million errors

thundergun is a example of standalone ( assuming we dont count things like the knock down anims ) - the thread in zombiemode starts the function inside its script, but nothing else ever calls to it. So your safe to remove it this way

It entirely depends on what your removing ;)
Post by: daedra descent on July 25, 2015, 07:55:37 am
Code Snippet
Plaintext

You do understand that this is to disable dogs in other peoples maps, right?
Post by: Ramiabdh on July 25, 2015, 09:12:22 am
This could prove to be very useful. Thanks
Post by: AoKMiKeY on August 09, 2015, 10:32:51 pm
There is a Var that you can change that will stop them spawning :) Although its nice you made it a mod. If it work then its all good :)
Post by: daedra descent on August 10, 2015, 12:32:54 am
There is a Var that you can change that will stop them spawning :) Although its nice you made it a mod. If it work then its all good :)

The mod changes the var from whatever is set in mapname.gsc to false via _zombiemode_radio.gsc.