UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Map Releases => Topic started by: mala15 on July 22, 2015, 10:33:05 pm

Title: Grid Lock V1.3.1 (18.08-15) New, short and easy video introduction!
Post by: mala15 on July 22, 2015, 10:33:05 pm
GRID LOCK V1.3.1

(http://i60.tinypic.com/33el85x.jpg)

Grid Lock is a tug-of-war style zombies map.  The map is divided in many "grids" which spawn zombies. If a zombie move through a grid in short enough time, it becomes unlocked and zombies spawn there. Players can lock these grids again from a already locked grid, by holding it for a time. In short, players try to push or hold the zombies back. There are different ways to move upwards in the map, and these ways connect a few times before getting to the end where pack a punch is located. Along these main paths to PaP, there are also alot of hidden rooms that can be opened which also connects in different ways. There is a mission/easter egg of sorts, which players need to finish to win.

Short easy introduction:
! No longer available (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBxQd_oA7s#)

********************************************************************************************

Tips for new players:
-Use betties EVERY round....you can build up a "cushion" of bettys to absorb zombies when you loose control.
-Gamble as little as possible until you get to "tiered" gambles. You can get upgraded weapons from tiered gamble.
-Get betty and grenades as soon as possible.....the first rounds should be very easy if you do.
-Use the betties in locked grids and in dangerous spots, not in a random unlocked grid.
-Pull back as soon as the zombies get close, and never stay in a spot where you can easily get stuck or blocked off.
-Always reclaim a grid at the end of the round for safety and points.
-Watch the Grids Easy Explanation video above.
-Get points by rebuilding the windows in the bunkers.
-Find and shoot the perk "signs" and artillery pieces for points. You may get negative points but it is skewed toward positive points.
-Keep track of points and wallet limit!
-Try the wall-buy shotgun, you don't get less points for using it. And snipers are op if your aim is ok.

More advanced tips:
-If a grid is very wide but not long, make sure to pull the zombies along the wide side(so as to not unlock that grid yet), until you get pushed back and have to let them through the short side of the grid.
-If you choose not to open all doors you can make very long "lanes" at different places in the map, in which you can use as your fighting lane.
-Let the red glowing(terminator) zombies come to the front before killing them so you can get the drop. Same with green(invulnerability), purple(double points or quick foot) and yellow(instakill).

********************************************************************************************

Please comment on what you like and would like different.  Too hard or too easy?

Also, if you upload/stream I would very much like to see, please pm me :)

Features:
-Grids which can be unlocked by zombies and locked by players.
-Tiered random weapon with a chance of upgrade(also normal wall weapons).
-Challenges randomly generated with different rewards.
-Upgrade station with perks, break time, lock-down speed and more.
-Bloodier combat.
-Bullet impact force on zombies.
-Many secret rooms and map connections.
-Inverted tug of war gameplay.
-Damage based point system....points are divided between players in ratio to how much damage each have done. Each zombie gives 100 in damage(divided between damage dealers), 10 for kill, potential 20 for headshot.
-Therefore every weapon gives the same amount of points (auto minigun only rewards kill and headshot).
-Wallet system.
-Black Ops perks.
-UGX mods.
-Very few train spots.
-Super hidden secret upgrades.
-Short duration(15s) instakill, terminator and double point.
-Many small script changes.
-Probably stuff I'm forgetting  :-\

Challenge mods:
Timed: time limit.
Punishing: loose progress for doing the wrong kind of killing or damage.
Decreasing: progress slowly decrease over time.

More mods means higher chance of better reward.

Pictures:
Perk shader are fixed...old images!

(http://i59.tinypic.com/mal9ps.jpg)

(http://i62.tinypic.com/5mee52.jpg)

Tips:
-Always stay behind green lines, no zombies can spawn there.
-Upgrade break time to get to know your escape route, upgrade, discover secrets and unlock perks.
-Let zombies close to the "soul filler" areas when you got good weapons and an open escape route.
-Many places to shoot from and support from while your team(or you) absorb a wave or pull back.
-Turn around if you need to escape so you know where you're going.
-Pull back when zombies close in on your face. :troll:
-Be ready for boss.

Grid explanation:
(http://i62.tinypic.com/2nqcvgl.jpg)
more explanation in upgrade menu in-game

Story:
You have been sentenced to death for treason by some empire. Execution method is arena style tv show where prisoners fight zombies for a chance at a pardon. Many have tried, few have succeeded. An A.I count your points and keep score, allowing you to purchase stuff for points. Entertain or die. :accepted:

Known bugs:
-If you upgrade break while its break, it sometimes break for longer than break time.
-Impact force from minigun is a bit varied.

Credits:
UGX team -  UGX mod and jukebox.
Bluntstuffy - soul chest.
Jay's Black Ops Perks.
Naminator999 - perk shaders.
YaPhil - Gun respawn fix.
Mappers for the maps I've played and gotten ideas from.
UGX forum and the people on it.
Internet.

Mega download:
mega.nz
Mediafire:
www.mediafire.com

See the youtube video further up the page for easy introduction to grids.
! No longer available (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkyYym8f8mw#)

v1.1 changes:
-Reduced higher tier weapon price.
-Reduced some door prices.
-Fix bug where you could get into bunker.
-Reduced amount of souls required most places.
-A few small changes.

Attempt at making it easier...especially solo beginning.

v1.2 changes:
-Made the third round a bit easier for solo(fewer runners, no sprinters).
-33% reduced boss health for solo.
-increased the delay between spawns by small amount.
-fixed a place where zombies couldn't path to.
-increased points for locking grids
-also increased the bonus points when having increased lock speed.
-removed 2 artillery pieces.
-added a few details, fixed a texture and some lighting.
-added periodic increase of the points zombies gives you. +10 points per zombie from round 10 and then every 5 round.
-betty should no longer be removed when dying in coop

v1.3 changes:
-New in game grid tutorial added. It guides you through 3 grid captures and reward points when completed. (Triggers when there is something to capture)
-Changed the first "soul reward" from 3 free doors in the start area, to unlocking a random perk( that is not revive).
-Artilleries easier to find and you get information about how many is left and when its completed.
-You now have to press "F5" to skip break, so that host can chat without skipping break.
-Hints added and many things have been made easier to understand.
-Information and hints about how to get to the mission.
-Decreased difficulty slighty to compensate for no free doors in start area.
-Fixed somewhere zombies couldn't find you.
-You no longer die if you complete the mission and escape without phd.
-Much better learning experience than before!

v1.3.1 changes:
-Fixed god mode bug.
-Added info to tut about how many grids you have captured, and how many you have left.
Title: Re: Grid Lock V1.0 tug-of-war'ish
Post by: Dust on July 25, 2015, 03:31:49 am
This map sounds.....interesting. I am definitely intrigued to play this.
Post by: RadimaX on July 25, 2015, 06:05:17 am
i  just had to download this so i could upgrade break while its break then sometimes break for longer than break time!

also zombies dont know what to do if you go inside this bunkers u can literally just sit and snipe in there:
(http://i.imgur.com/C5kWloF.jpg)
Post by: KeepACrawler on July 25, 2015, 10:24:55 am
I have to admit, I read this and was like  :o .  The concept tho! I just hope it plays well solo....

EDIT*  Okay, well it plays really well....up till round 2! .....when I caught a beat down. Description should read "for 2 or more players. lol  Its pretty much impossible to play solo. But Im definitely looking forward to playing with some friends. :rainbow:
Post by: KnivingCombat777 on July 25, 2015, 10:30:09 am
This map was just weird, it took me 10 tries to beat round 2 lol
I discovered most of the things, but I do'nt know how i have to unlock perks?
Post by: mala15 on July 25, 2015, 10:34:38 am
i  just had to download this so i could upgrade break while its break then sometimes break for longer than break time!

also zombies dont know what to do if you go inside this bunkers u can literally just sit and snipe in there:
(http://i.imgur.com/C5kWloF.jpg)

Hehe, I've worded that break sentence a bit differently on the other forums, but I don't have the rights to edit posts until I've got 20 posts on UGX.;)

Ok, thought I had tested that but that bunker, but will fix it very soon. And re-upload. Tried it myself and that wasn't all too hard, but try and progress in the map without that for now ;)

There is much more to the map than the initial big room....see if you can find where you need to feed souls to either side. Look on the image below...that's about halfway to the top from one of the possible ways to the top.

Is there any chance of me getting edit rights on my map post? Have to add a credit and include more information. And ofc give new upload links.

Thanks if possible :)
Post by: mala15 on July 25, 2015, 10:38:34 am
This map was just weird, it took me 10 tries to beat round 2 lol
I discovered most of the things, but I do'nt know how i have to unlock perks?

I think the map might be a bit hard...maybe I'll make it a bit easier, but I very much doubt you've discovered most of the things;) You have to find the perk shaders on the wall and damage them with correct damage.

The map is alot bigger than it looks like, which is kind of the intention.

Find the "soul feeders" to progress...you'll see then on walls and ceiling
Title: Re: Grid Lock V1.0 tug-of-war\'ish
Post by: Ramiabdh on July 25, 2015, 10:47:57 am
Wow, the features made me get confused...
But it's always nice to try something new :D

Double Post Merge: July 25, 2015, 10:53:30 am
You have been sentenced to death for treason by some empire. Execution method is arena style tv show where prisoners fight zombies for a chance at a pardon. Many have tried, few have succeeded. An A.I count your points and keep score, allowing you to purchase stuff for points. Entertain or die. :accepted:

Btw nice story man.
Post by: dazzibhoy1 on July 25, 2015, 11:20:33 am
im gonna give it a shot... even though i have no clue :lol:
Post by: ibounce on July 25, 2015, 12:11:18 pm
Me and my friends played this one last night. It's a really cool fucking map, but it's so hard to get a good gun.  :-\
Post by: mala15 on July 25, 2015, 02:50:03 pm
Wow, the features made me get confused...
But it's always nice to try something new :D

Double Post Merge: July 25, 2015, 10:53:30 am
Btw nice story man.

im gonna give it a shot... even though i have no clue :lol:

I'm linking to a video with more explanation....if you wanna figure the map out for yourself, maybe don't watch much of it:)

Me and my friends played this one last night. It's a really cool fucking map, but it's so hard to get a good gun.  :-\

Currently working on a new version where guns are a bit cheaper in higher tiers and some doors are cheaper...hopes this allows you to gamble weapons more and get a upgrade sooner:) snipers are op though if you got good aim:)

Trailer/Explanation/Cheat if you don't want clues to some of the secrets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkyYym8f8mw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkyYym8f8mw)

Double Post Merge: July 25, 2015, 04:31:41 pm
I've fixed a bug, and rebalanced price and difficulty.

I've also made a youtube video giving you a much better view of what this map is, I think you'll want to play it more after watching the video....some people seem to think its only the beginning area and not much to the map:)

If a mod could embed the youtube video in original post and add these two download buttons to the original post(instead of the one there currently) I'd appreciate it very very very much:)

maybe also change it to v1.1 if it's not too much trouble?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkyYym8f8mw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkyYym8f8mw)

Mega download:
mega.co.nz
Mediafire:
www.mediafire.com

v1.1 changes:
-Reduced higher tier weapon price.
-Reduced some door prices.
-Fix bug where you could get into bunker.
-Reduced amount of souls required most places.
-A few small changes.

Attempt at making it easier...especially solo beginning.
Post by: KyotaCrafter on July 25, 2015, 04:10:47 pm
Seems like a hell of a good map. Haven't played it yet (downloading it now  :poker:). Anyways, I'll be sure to play it and if i get good frames, I'll record for Youtube :3  ;)
Post by: mala15 on July 25, 2015, 06:35:31 pm
Seems like a hell of a good map. Haven't played it yet (downloading it now  :poker:). Anyways, I'll be sure to play it and if i get good frames, I'll record for Youtube :3  ;)

Make sure to download 1.1 version in comments below...everyone downloads 1.0 in original post because I can't edit post :(

If you play 1.0 you'll probably have problems solo if you're not using betty and grenades in round 2.
Post by: KeepACrawler on July 25, 2015, 06:39:29 pm
I had to triple my dose of Adderall to follow that video!!!!!!!!

Post by: Dust on July 25, 2015, 06:45:59 pm
V1.1 is now in the OP.
Post by: boysta2011 on July 25, 2015, 06:46:30 pm
Looks great first go round 3 haha is it only arcade mode?  seems hard   thats good :D
Post by: DeliciousLunch on July 25, 2015, 10:55:41 pm
is there a buy able ending?
Post by: mala15 on July 26, 2015, 10:24:19 am
I had to triple my dose of Adderall to follow that video!!!!!!!!

Hope you got a bit better view of what the map is about anyway.....pause button works great for the text part part of the video though:)

V1.1 is now in the OP.

Thank you very much!

Looks great first go round 3 haha is it only arcade mode?  seems hard   thats good :D

Yes, there is only that one mode, but I have changed some things about it....some of the other modes would have made it too easy;)

is there a buy able ending?

Yes there is a ending but it's not a buyable one. It's a challenge which you can activate(close to the start room area). But first you have to get to the end of the map and find a somewhat secret room, and open this locked area from there. The challenge after starting 'end game' is related to the text "Create a star, tear it apart, freedom awaits" you see in the beginning.
Post by: CraftBrewMan on July 27, 2015, 04:06:02 pm
DUDE!

This map is awesome - I only played it twice but i can tell it is going to be amazing to play through.  Great refreshing concept.  We need more like this.  I did it solo but will be great with a crew.

Nice Work.
Post by: adfgdagasdf2 on July 27, 2015, 05:07:18 pm
Holy hell, this map is awesome! I love the hardpoint-style gameplay  :gusta:
Post by: Ramiabdh on July 27, 2015, 05:54:02 pm
Dude, how often can i unlock grids? Is it each round once or something else?
And also, how do I unlock the perks?
Yeah and sometimes, some door in the map just automatically open. Felt a bit weird.
It was a bit annoying that bouncing betties are lost if you die out in coop.
But over all great map.
Post by: sasquatch1969 on July 27, 2015, 08:41:30 pm
 :)Stellar map...holy crap. By no means impossible but really challenging, which will keep players at it for a long time, including myself!!
Cheers!
Post by: mala15 on July 28, 2015, 08:25:32 am
DUDE!

This map is awesome - I only played it twice but i can tell it is going to be amazing to play through.  Great refreshing concept.  We need more like this.  I did it solo but will be great with a crew.

Nice Work.

Holy hell, this map is awesome! I love the hardpoint-style gameplay  :gusta:

Glad to see people experience and loving the concept and map:)

:)Stellar map...holy crap. By no means impossible but really challenging, which will keep players at it for a long time, including myself!!
Cheers!

Thanks:) yeah i wanted the map to be challenging, still not sure if anyone will manage to finished the map though, take a picture of the "star" if anyone manage to "create" it ^^

Dude, how often can i unlock grids? Is it each round once or something else?
And also, how do I unlock the perks?
Yeah and sometimes, some door in the map just automatically open. Felt a bit weird.
It was a bit annoying that bouncing betties are lost if you die out in coop.
But over all great map.

From the start you can lock down grids only once per round(look above the points, it should say "NOT ALLOWING MORE LOCKDOWNS" when you've used up all that round), but there is about a 40 sec window at the start of every round where you can capture/lock grids for free:) But you can also upgrade "+1 to max lockdowns" from the upgrade menu, or you can get "+1 to max lockdowns" from the challenges......this one is more likely as a reward for the harder challenge(meaning more challenge mods, see OP)

Both these +1 to max lockdowns give you an extra grid to lock every round, in effect giving you more income because of the capture points. BTW lockdown speed also increases the amount of capture points, another way to increase income

You unlock perks from challenges or from finding the correct perk poster and damaging it with the right class of weapon.....quick revive can take any damage to be unlocked.

3 doors open automatically in the beginning in 1 of 4 directions(because of the soul feeder there), you can wait for the doors to open to save points or open manually to choose which direction you wanna go.
Then when you get to the next level and open the "ceiling door" it opens most doors in the start room except for 1 or 2....that is because I didn't want players to be able to jump down and possibly lock themselves away from zombies.

So in short, 1 of 4 directions opens up from the soul feeder in the beginning, you can wait for the randomly chosen way, or pay faster the direction you choose.....up to you:)

I will look into the betty dying in coop and hopefully fix it when I update the map again sometime in the future.
Post by: wolfgang_lupos on July 28, 2015, 10:14:42 am
This is an awesome idea! Will you be making more maps like this?
Post by: mala15 on July 28, 2015, 01:29:44 pm
This is an awesome idea! Will you be making more maps like this?

Thanks, yeah I got a few ideas for maps:)
Maybe I'll make something completely different or something new with grids included.

We'll see when I make a new map...depends on how much people seem to like this:)

If people got suggestions to this map I may update this map or include them in another map.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on July 29, 2015, 05:18:32 am
You may need to update the title since it has gotten an update
Post by: vinnyz500 on July 29, 2015, 06:31:19 am
wow dude, i love seeing new shit like this. Really nice work

Also, ignore people saying its hard. Challenges are what makes it fun Kappa

does the exe mean nazi_zombie_goodluck  :troll:

EDIT: After playin for a while i noticed that the boss that comes at rounds 6-7 seems to have a bit too much health, plus the hit and slow from a range can make it a bit frustrating solo, but none the less its fine. Made it to round 14 but will try to beat it at some point. Very fun 8.7/10
Post by: Nathiri on July 29, 2015, 07:08:39 am
Great concept and quite addictive gameplay. I played a little bit solo first and got to round 7 after 3 tries. I then tried to play coop. At first we were unable to do it because of the Semper Fi crash but we got around it and tried this afternoon. Playing 2 player our highest round was round 12. We did quite a few tries varying in rounds. I was able to unlock quick revive one of the tries and also we got upstairs. We found that 1 side was a little better than the other.

Enjoyed the map and will try again soon to get farther and maybe beat the map.
Post by: mala15 on July 29, 2015, 08:40:28 am
You may need to update the title since it has gotten an update

Yes, will do so as soon as I get "edit" options with 20 posts:)

wow dude, i love seeing new shit like this. Really nice work

Also, ignore people saying its hard. Challenges are what makes it fun Kappa

does the exe mean nazi_zombie_goodluck  :troll:

EDIT: After playin for a while i noticed that the boss that comes at rounds 6-7 seems to have a bit too much health, plus the hit and slow from a range can make it a bit frustrating solo, but none the less its fine. Made it to round 14 but will try to beat it at some point. Very fun 8.7/10

Thanks, glad you like it :)

hehe yeah, it might mean that too:p

Ok, will take that into account, maybe I'll reduce the health a little bit for the boss zombie in the update coming soon:)

Thanks for your feedback:)

Great concept and quite addictive gameplay. I played a little bit solo first and got to round 7 after 3 tries. I then tried to play coop. At first we were unable to do it because of the Semper Fi crash but we got around it and tried this afternoon. Playing 2 player our highest round was round 12. We did quite a few tries varying in rounds. I was able to unlock quick revive one of the tries and also we got upstairs. We found that 1 side was a little better than the other.

Enjoyed the map and will try again soon to get farther and maybe beat the map.

Thanks man:)
How did the Semper Fi loading happen, and how did you fix it? Did it happen by itself?
I've never had that problem on the 4 testing/beta computers :\

Which side did you like best? Have anyone found the secret rooms by looking for artilleries?
Are you looking for the other perk unlock posters?:)

Thanks for all feedback!:)

Double Post Merge: July 29, 2015, 08:15:21 pm
Updated map, new download links in the OP.

Should be easier solo beginning:)

v1.2 changes:
-Made the third round a bit easier for solo(fewer runners, no sprinters).
-33% reduced boss health for solo.
-increased the delay between spawns by small amount.
-fixed a place where zombies couldn't path to.
-increased points for locking grids
-also increased the bonus points when having increased lock speed.
-removed 2 artillery pieces.
-added a few details, fixed a texture and some lighting.
-added periodic increase of the points zombies gives you. +10 points per zombie from round 10 and then every 5 round.
Title: Re: Grid Lock V1.2 tug-of-war'ish
Post by: chad5454 on July 30, 2015, 05:49:33 pm
Im having trouble playing co op :(  When i launch it it tries to load Nazi Zombies on Semper Fi and then it crashes.
Post by: mala15 on July 31, 2015, 05:10:33 am
Im having trouble playing co op :(  When i launch it it tries to load Nazi Zombies on Semper Fi and then it crashes.

Do you all have the same version?

I found a few threads with people having that same problem with coop on other UGX maps, but here is thread with "best answer": http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1902.msg17891.html#msg17891 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1902.msg17891.html#msg17891)

Daedra's tips for fixing it:
"If you have the steam version then verify your games cache, otherwise reinstall the game itself."

Hope that fixes it, please let me know:)

Post by: vinnyz500 on July 31, 2015, 07:28:31 am
change it from story mode to zombies in the options
Post by: Nathiri on July 31, 2015, 11:03:51 am
Do you all have the same version?

I found a few threads with people having that same problem with coop on other UGX maps, but here is thread with "best answer": http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1902.msg17891.html#msg17891 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1902.msg17891.html#msg17891)

Daedra's tips for fixing it:
"If you have the steam version then verify your games cache, otherwise reinstall the game itself."

Hope that fixes it, please let me know:)

I had the same problem but then i asked HitmanVere and he told me not to go into the 'Settings' menu because it switches it to Semper Fi. If you just load the lobby and invite the friends or wait for randoms, it should load. Its a problem with UGX Mod apparently.
Post by: LuisNa_OH on July 31, 2015, 11:58:18 am
this map is not working  :(
Post by: mala15 on August 01, 2015, 07:43:16 am
I had the same problem but then i asked HitmanVere and he told me not to go into the 'Settings' menu because it switches it to Semper Fi. If you just load the lobby and invite the friends or wait for randoms, it should load. Its a problem with UGX Mod apparently.

Thanks for the fix:)

this map is not working  :(

How is it not working?
Title: F1Ne5TGamer
Post by: ProTecT_Legend on August 02, 2015, 02:05:14 am
Lol xD and then after rendering the video........... I realized that my mic was NOT being recorded. -__- #Fail
Post by: mala15 on August 02, 2015, 07:03:52 am
Me(F1Ne5TGamer) and ProTecT_Legend just finished the map. Pretty hard ending to do, had a 2 hour long recording but overall a really good map. I have to say I love the grid idea but the ending should have been where you win the arena and survive but instead you die. You have to have PHD to accually end it because you die from the fall damage just so you know. Thanks for the upload of a great map, looking forward to seeing more of this style of gamemode. I will link the youtube video in the comment when I get it uploaded. 

Woah, cool to know someone managed to finish it:D But didn't know you died from the fall w/o PHD...I guess I've only tested it with PHD and thought the water saved me hehe.

Thanks for that, and thanks for telling me how it went and about YT video:)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 02, 2015, 07:39:45 am
I hear placing a thin clip over the floor will circumvent the fall damage ;)
Post by: KnivingCombat777 on August 02, 2015, 09:08:25 am
Woah, cool to know someone managed to finish it:D But didn't know you died from the fall w/o PHD...I guess I've only tested it with PHD and thought the water saved me hehe.

Thanks for that, and thanks for telling me how it went and about YT video:)
There is an ending ??? I played this for 2 hours and didn't find it, couldn't find the perk posters for mule kick, stamin up and deadshot as well
Probably didnt find enough artillery pieces
Also, I found a strange bug where my bouncing betties just started disappearing everytime I place them
Post by: mala15 on August 02, 2015, 10:36:03 am
Lol xD and then after rendering the video........... I realized that my mic was NOT being recorded. -__- #Fail

ah ok^^ hehe no YT then?:)

I hear placing a thin clip over the floor will circumvent the fall damage ;)

thanks harry :)

There is an ending ??? I played this for 2 hours and didn't find it, couldn't find the perk posters for mule kick, stamin up and deadshot as well
Probably didnt find enough artillery pieces
Also, I found a strange bug where my bouncing betties just started disappearing everytime I place them

Mule kick, stamina up and deadshot are all behind secret areas yes, you need to find artillery pieces:)

Spoilers, don't read if you want to figure out stuff on you own:
Spoiler: click to open...
Stamin up is found outside on the 3rd floor by finding artillery pieces, the other are found in the two paths leading up to the 3rd floor. To progress towards the ending you got to open a secret room in the last big room leading up to PaP. Thats only the start of the ending though;)

The same betty you placed or the oldest one?

I capped the betties each player can place at 40 divided by players in the game because of the G_spawn error. It should remove the oldest one though.....the map got a lot of dynamic entities and if they go over a 1024 entities the game instantly ends, pretty bad system to instantly end the game, so I thought it would be better to cap amount of betties.
Maybe the amount could be higher but wanted to be on the safe side.

Post by: KnivingCombat777 on August 02, 2015, 11:24:02 am
On a certain moment I was just unable to place any new betties, they instantly disappeared
Post by: mala15 on August 02, 2015, 11:28:39 am
On a certain moment I was just unable to place any new betties, they instantly disappeared

Hmm, ok thats a bug....I'll look into it, thanks for reporting!:)
Post by: Mr.T on August 04, 2015, 08:48:20 am
hi mala15 i hope u get this post it is the first post ive every posted :) so im sorry if i did it wrong, your Grid Lock map is friggin amazing wot can i say 1 of the best, funniest/challenging coolest maps i have every played!! end game (graphics,epic,amazing) is so wot zombie maps should be like!! i like the way u think! thank u for the game and all the hard work u put in to it! it really showed :) and if any1 helped u a long the way thanks very much :) and also i wished i had of recorded it but dont have any software to do so but now i dont i will get some to do so and will upload on youtube! i just took lots of screen shots.... i would like to post or upload some but not sure how to?
Post by: sureshot1500 on August 04, 2015, 06:38:17 pm
this was one fun map I loved it
Title: Re: Grid Lock V1.2 tug-of-war\'ish
Post by: mala15 on August 05, 2015, 09:33:31 am
this was one fun map I loved it

hi mala15 i hope u get this post it is the first post ive every posted :) so im sorry if i did it wrong, your Grid Lock map is friggin amazing wot can i say 1 of the best, funniest/challenging coolest maps i have every played!! end game (graphics,epic,amazing) is so wot zombie maps should be like!! i like the way u think! thank u for the game and all the hard work u put in to it! it really showed :) and if any1 helped u a long the way thanks very much :) and also i wished i had of recorded it but dont have any software to do so but now i dont i will get some to do so and will upload on youtube! i just took lots of screen shots.... i would like to post or upload some but not sure how to?

Thanks alot, really appreciate hearing that!:)
Yeah, I put a lot of effort into it^^ first I had to learn all the mod tools, and scripting to some degree, but it was very fun:)

I got the inspiration for grids from how I play many zombies maps, and after a while I wanted grids in every map I played, so decided to make one with them and developed the idea a lot further.

If you end up uploading anything please let me know ;)

Thanks again for your posts:)

Double Post Merge: August 05, 2015, 02:10:19 pm

I've tried to replicate this error, but I don't manage to.

Hope you can answer some questions :D

-Did you play 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2?
-Was it coop or solo?
-If coop, did you respawn at any point?
-Anything else you did that you might be related?

Post by: AggressiveVideos on August 06, 2015, 06:48:14 pm
Where can i find the song Martyr outside this map?
Also, played and uploaded a video of it all (more to come/be uploaded cause we played more but i upload once a day)

Link: https://youtu.be/FgSr7UFMGPA
Post by: mala15 on August 08, 2015, 04:41:50 pm
Where can i find the song Martyr outside this map?
Also, played and uploaded a video of it all (more to come/be uploaded cause we played more but i upload once a day)

Link: https://youtu.be/FgSr7UFMGPA

Cool, looking forward to more:)

It's better to kill all zombies and rely on break time, or have one person keep the last zombie in red grids, if not it'll unlock alot of grids and make it more difficult^^

there are a lot of risers in the red grids because I wanted it to be very difficult to survive there hehe, I recomend to almost always stay in a green grid:)

It's also better to open the room to the minigun from the other side(next to the jugger symbol so you can walk down the stairs there. that makes it so that the minigun is more effective because zombies have to run towards the minigun before getting to you and it's alot cheaper the other way:)

Betties are more useful in the green grids so that you have something to fall back to, but you seem to manage ok the way you guys did it^^

General tips:
-Get good enough weapons and the perks you want, then let the zombies get to the next soul door in a controlled fasion :)
-The further you get, the better weapon you can get.
-Adjacent lockdown makes it so you can lockdown a grid from grids next to it...be careful though you can easily use up all lockdowns for the rounds though if you can't protect the newly captured grid.
-Though there is a super hidden unlock to get instant lockdown, but you have to open a few hidden areas and figure out how to get to the unlocks^^ Troll hint: water :troll:
-Try to only gamble on tiered weapons when you can.

There is a easter egg you can do to complete the map...it's not just a buyable ending.
All the guns you can shoot opens hidden areas, most are very useful and you can unlock perks. And get to the easter egg in the last hidden area.

I'll try and figure out the martyr song, but it's the stock UGX jukebox songs so not sure how to figure it out^^
Post by: KnivingCombat777 on August 08, 2015, 05:13:37 pm

There is a easter egg you can do to complete the map...it's not just a buyable ending.
All the guns you can shoot opens hidden areas, most are very useful and you can unlock perks. And get to the easter egg in the last hidden area.

We found all perk icons and had unlocked all rooms( including the room with the button that says super secret room for 10k points) but we never bought it because Agressive decided to glitch the map by going on the steel beams near the top of the map  :poker:
Edit: then we fell off and died
Post by: mala15 on August 08, 2015, 05:46:53 pm
We found all perk icons and had unlocked all rooms( including the room with the button that says super secret room for 10k points) but we never bought it because Agressive decided to glitch the map by going on the steel beams near the top of the map  :poker:
Edit: then we fell off and died

It's not a glitch^^ zombies can still come get you there:p you might need phd to get down again though, not sure if jugger is enough :)

Post by: mvpdjwcc on August 09, 2015, 11:59:00 pm
hello everyone im reporting a glitch/bug i found i dont know if your aware but i recorded it in action for you to see.
by the slight of hand emblem when you jump on the bar it makes all the zombies stand still then run to the center of the map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoNF78nE7OY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoNF78nE7OY)

p.s. Your map is awesome thanks for sharing it.
Post by: mala15 on August 10, 2015, 09:12:53 am
hello everyone im reporting a glitch/bug i found i dont know if your aware but i recorded it in action for you to see.
by the slight of hand emblem when you jump on the bar it makes all the zombies stand still then run to the center of the map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoNF78nE7OY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoNF78nE7OY)

p.s. Your map is awesome thanks for sharing it.

Hi, no I was not aware. Will fix it as soon as I get home again, thanks for reporting:)
Btw did you record more of your playthrough?^^

Glad you liked it:)
Post by: Afinityyy on August 10, 2015, 02:01:05 pm
is anyone else getting an error when they try to customize their character? :(
Post by: mala15 on August 11, 2015, 08:46:14 am
is anyone else getting an error when they try to customize their character? :(

What do you mean? How can you customize character?^^

Post by: Nathiri on August 11, 2015, 09:05:03 am
With UGX Mod there is a option to customize character. Not sure if it was fully implemented though.
Post by: mvpdjwcc on August 11, 2015, 02:51:22 pm
Hi, no I was not aware. Will fix it as soon as I get home again, thanks for reporting:)
Btw did you record more of your playthrough?^^

Glad you liked it:)

I failed in the playthrough http://www.twitch.tv/mvpdjwcc/v/10393513 (http://www.twitch.tv/mvpdjwcc/v/10393513)
but that map is fun just to explore and look for things I haven't found everything so some parts are still new to me.
Post by: mala15 on August 11, 2015, 07:50:58 pm
With UGX Mod there is a option to customize character. Not sure if it was fully implemented though.

Ok, thanks:)

I failed in the playthrough http://www.twitch.tv/mvpdjwcc/v/10393513 (http://www.twitch.tv/mvpdjwcc/v/10393513)
but that map is fun just to explore and look for things I haven't found everything so some parts are still new to me.

Yes, it will take you some time to figure out everything and complete it:)
Have looked for the secret rooms? one of them is necessary to complete the map
Post by: palehorse999 on August 12, 2015, 08:19:25 pm
awesome map I've been going crazy trying to progress in solo mode I really like the map makers imagination and style Thank You
Post by: mala15 on August 14, 2015, 11:23:28 am
awesome map I've been going crazy trying to progress in solo mode I really like the map makers imagination and style Thank You

Thank you :)

I'm soon working on a new version with better explanation, and help to understand and get started with the grid concept. Will hopefully be up in a few days.

Anyone got any suggestion to the new version regarding anything?:)
Post by: ZombieSlayer5778 on August 14, 2015, 09:58:37 pm
Could be I'm just stupid, but I still can't figure out how to capture grids :alone: All around great map though! :D
Post by: PiLooTx on August 15, 2015, 03:35:12 am
 :lol: A stunning map please make maps and egg completed 2 times average Difficulty  :lol:
Title: Re: Grid Lock V1.3 New, short and easy video introduction!
Post by: mala15 on August 16, 2015, 08:53:00 pm
:lol: A stunning map please make maps and egg completed 2 times average Difficulty  :lol:

Could be I'm just stupid, but I still can't figure out how to capture grids :alone: All around great map though! :D

I made a short and very easy tutorial on youtube:
! No longer available (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBxQd_oA7s#)

Updated map to V1.3.

See the youtube video above for example of in game tut.

v1.3 changes:
-New in game grid tutorial added. It guides you through 3 grid captures and reward points when completed. (Triggers when there is something to capture)
-Changed the first "soul reward" from 3 free doors in the start area, to unlocking a random perk( that is not revive).
-Artilleries easier to find and you get information about how many is left and when its completed.
-You now have to press "F5" to skip break, so that host can chat without skipping break.
-Hints added and many things have been made easier to understand.
-Information and hints about how to get to the mission.
-Decreased difficulty slighty to compensate for no free doors in start area.
-Fixed somewhere zombies couldn't find you.
-You no longer die if you complete the mission and escape without phd.
-Much better learning experience than before!
Post by: The Mist 997 on August 17, 2015, 04:47:28 am
I just beat this map solo! Such a fun map and great ending. I like the grids, they bring something new to zombies.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on August 17, 2015, 05:24:43 am
I have to say that this was by far an innovative map ( if I did not comment on here before).

For non experienced players who think you can tackle this map, dont do it while you think you're ahead. this map will crush you before you're even prepared. go and play easier maps or challenge yourself to tough gameplays such as town without juggernog or Verrukt then comeback.

this map will tear you to shreds, thats why I love it!!! Its innovative and challenging. forget anything you know about zombies as the map takes on a new expirience.
Post by: DVxSHADOWx on August 18, 2015, 01:35:21 am
I just downloaded the new version of your map, and it looks like something broke in the new one. I was playing and got hit 6 times with no jug and survived. I stood in a corner and continuous got hit and still didn't die.

I relaunched the Mod to see if the map bugged out. Started the map and sat in the corner on round 1.

I got smacked into oblivion and yet still didn't die. Please look into this, it's not fun to play knowing you basically have god mode :c
Title: Re: Grid Lock V1.3.1 (18.08-15) New, short and easy video introduction!
Post by: mala15 on August 18, 2015, 07:47:33 am
I just downloaded the new version of your map, and it looks like something broke in the new one. I was playing and got hit 6 times with no jug and survived. I stood in a corner and continuous got hit and still didn't die.

I relaunched the Mod to see if the map bugged out. Started the map and sat in the corner on round 1.

I got smacked into oblivion and yet still didn't die. Please look into this, it's not fun to play knowing you basically have god mode :c

Thanks for reporting,have been fixed now.

v1.3.1 changes:
-Fixed god mode bug.
-Added info to tut about how many grids you have captured, and how many you have left.

Double Post Merge: August 18, 2015, 12:04:13 pm
I have to say that this was by far an innovative map ( if I did not comment on here before).

For non experienced players who think you can tackle this map, dont do it while you think you're ahead. this map will crush you before you're even prepared. go and play easier maps or challenge yourself to tough gameplays such as town without juggernog or Verrukt then comeback.

this map will tear you to shreds, thats why I love it!!! Its innovative and challenging. forget anything you know about zombies as the map takes on a new expirience.

I'm not writing these tips to you but to people new to the map that reads your "warning":)

Tips for new players:
-Use betties EVERY round....you can build up a "cushion" of bettys to absorb zombies when you loose control.
-Gamble as little as possible until you get to "tiered" gambles. You can get upgraded weapons from tiered gamble.
-Get betty and grenades as soon as possible.....the first rounds should be very easy if you do.
-Use the betties in locked grids and in dangerous spots, not in a random unlocked grid.
-Pull back as soon as the zombies get close, and never stay in a spot where you can easily get stuck or blocked off.
-Always reclaim a grid at the end of the round for safety and points.
-Watch the Grids Easy Explanation video in the OP.
-Get points by rebuilding the windows in the bunkers.
-Find and shoot the perk "signs" and artillery pieces for points. You may get negative points but it is skewed toward positive points.
-Keep track of points and wallet limit!
-Try the wall-buy shotgun, you don't get less points for using it. And snipers are op if your aim is ok.

More advanced tips:
-If a grid is very wide but not long, make sure to pull the zombies along the wide side(so as to not unlock that grid yet), until you get pushed back and have to let them through the short side of the grid.
-If you choose not to open all doors you can make very long "lanes" at different places in the map, in which you can use as your fighting lane.
-Let the red glowing(terminator) zombies come to the front before killing them so you can get the drop. Same with green(invulnerability), purple(double points or quick foot) and yellow(instakill).

I've seen a few videos of players complaining about the difficulty in the start but are refusing to buy grenades or betties....the first few rounds are incredibly easy if you lob a grenade into each of the bunkers, especially if you use betties too.

With the 'tips for new players' in mind, I don't understand how the map can crush you until very late in the game!:)

And with the advanced tips also, you can finished the map mission!
Post by: Tale Headerson on August 18, 2015, 08:00:29 pm
Just reading the story to this map reminds me of an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie called Running Man. If you've seen you will know what im talking about, but if you haven't, at least read the summary of it. Ill have to give this map a try later.
Post by: The_Turkey on August 18, 2015, 08:38:18 pm
Great map. really unique. but is there an ending other than death?
Post by: mala15 on August 19, 2015, 10:34:18 am
Just reading the story to this map reminds me of an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie called Running Man. If you've seen you will know what im talking about, but if you haven't, at least read the summary of it. Ill have to give this map a try later.

Haha just read the summary, seems very similar^^

Yeah, give it a try but watch the "Grids easy explanation" video in OP first:) and maybe read tips for beginners too:)

Great map. really unique. but is there an ending other than death?

Thanks alot:)

yes there is an ending, when you've finished the grid tutorial you get some hints on how to start the "end-game". The ending should be challenging to complete too though:)
Post by: palehorse999 on August 20, 2015, 10:13:29 pm
great game and great finish you sir have a fabulous mind for mapping thank you for sharing your vision we're not worthy
Post by: mala15 on August 22, 2015, 08:23:24 am
great game and great finish you sir have a fabulous mind for mapping thank you for sharing your vision we're not worthy

Hehe Thanks alot:)

By "great finish" did you mean you have finished it?:)
Post by: franco95 on August 23, 2015, 04:50:07 pm
I Don't understand how i can unlocked a perk, if i want jugg i've tried to shoot on the jugg sign but nothing happened.
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 23, 2015, 05:48:19 pm
I Don't understand how i can unlocked a perk, if i want jugg i've tried to shoot on the jugg sign but nothing happened.

You need to use the correct type of weapon to shoot each symbol. Quick Revive is any weapon, Jugg is Shotgun I believe, Speed cola may be sniper, but I forget that one.
Post by: mala15 on August 24, 2015, 10:02:35 pm
I just beat this map solo! Such a fun map and great ending. I like the grids, they bring something new to zombies.

Didn't notice your post until now, probably because of the delay from post approval.

Awesome, cool to hear from people managing to complete the ending :D
I'm feeling more and more confident about where the difficulty is at, it should be a challenge to complete:)
Post by: franco95 on August 25, 2015, 05:39:07 am
My video on this map.
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8193.new#new (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8193.new#new)
Post by: mala15 on August 25, 2015, 09:34:48 am
My video on this map.
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8193.new#new (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8193.new#new)

thanks for posting video :)

Also here is the first full play through of the map that I've seen:

! No longer available (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldD1tFhxB38#)

This was done on the 1.2 version. They didn't find all the secret areas and map connections or any of the 2 "uber upgrades". The player recording shot right at one of those upgrades and saw the water which i "troll hinted" at in earlier post ;) But hey hadn't opened the 2 necessary secret rooms to get to it^^

Great video, seems like they really got how to play the map successfully :)

KnivingCombat and AGVideos also played it very successfully but F1Ne5T Gamer and ProTecT_Legend was the first to finish the map, that I've seen recorded :)

Post by: greeniezk5 on August 29, 2015, 04:04:23 pm
maybe a bit late for this map if you already done 3 updates but the solo quick revive needs fixing ,the zombies dont back off if you go down . i remember prison mission v1.0 was like this but zk fixed it so i know its do able .still trying to beat this bloody map . found phd on top floor (3) and naded it. was dying to try it out by jumping down to the bottom but died first ,damn it.
found the 3rd jug location but only got 3 out of five of other shootable so still gotta find what that gives
Post by: iSx7 on August 30, 2015, 12:08:58 am
I finally beat it on solo!! Only took about 5 tries. This was an awesome map and I'm not sure if I was the first to finish it solo. I really wish I would have recorded the entire gameplay but I did manage to record the last 10 minutes once the end game was activated. Awesome map!! Can't wait to see what you have next in mind
Post by: Wunderful on August 30, 2015, 02:23:15 am
Beat it with mah friends

(http://i.imgur.com/vh3Ymyt.jpg)

Took quite a while but it was very fun, although the star at the endgame made the game EXTREMELY laggy. Glad we beat it :D Thanks for the unique map!
Post by: greeniezk5 on August 30, 2015, 04:25:29 pm
Beat it with mah friends

Took quite a while but it was very fun, although the star at the endgame made the game EXTREMELY laggy. Glad we beat it :D Thanks for the unique map!
and heres the video ending to that epic game
http://youtu.be/qSH0LSvcll0 (http://youtu.be/qSH0LSvcll0)
thx for the great game wunderful (and hass)
Post by: Wickermick on August 30, 2015, 05:53:04 pm
Great map but I found it quite hard, Maybe because I can't get good weapons early on or I cannot train the zombies. Maybe a little easier and It would be in my favorites.
Post by: mala15 on August 30, 2015, 08:46:38 pm
I finally beat it on solo!! Only took about 5 tries. This was an awesome map and I'm not sure if I was the first to finish it solo. I really wish I would have recorded the entire gameplay but I did manage to record the last 10 minutes once the end game was activated. Awesome map!! Can't wait to see what you have next in mind

Cool:D Glad you had fun :)
I got an idea for the next map, but not sure if I get the time to work on it now that school have started....I've started a test map though, to test and develop a few concepts.

Beat it with mah friends

and heres the video ending to that epic game
http://youtu.be/qSH0LSvcll0 (http://youtu.be/qSH0LSvcll0)
thx for the great game wunderful (and hass)

Cool, will watch the video :)
Yeah, I was afraid the star would make it laggy, but after testing it on 3 different computers I decided to keep the star as it is now and hoped it would work for most :)

Will check out more of your play through too if greenzie have it on twitch:)
Btw thanks greenzie, will look into the quick revive thing if I make another update.

Great map but I found it quite hard, Maybe because I can't get good weapons early on or I cannot train the zombies. Maybe a little easier and It would be in my favorites.

Yeah, it was intentional that it training should be almost impossible;)

I'm reluctant to make the map easier because there are some play styles that make the map easier and I want it to be challenging even if you learn the "best" play style. But if I update the map again, I might make another solo difficulty option :)

The wall buy druganov is very good though if you get to it, and extra good with speed cola :)
Post by: Ncredible_Tony on September 03, 2015, 07:20:38 pm
Map is a pain solo.. I tried recording a video but couldn't get a decent play through lol.. Must try harder  :lol:
Post by: CyberMan1011 on September 03, 2015, 11:32:28 pm
Do you think you could update it one more time to fix Quick Revive? I hate having all the zombies round up on top of me and dying as soon as I get back up :alone:
Post by: mala15 on September 04, 2015, 01:08:03 pm
Map is a pain solo.. I tried recording a video but couldn't get a decent play through lol.. Must try harder  :lol:

Hehe, the trick is to keep the zombies back while you:
-open the map to get to tiered weapons.
-upgrade(keep track of point limit).
-unlock perks.
-unlock secret doors(shoot small artillery hidden in the map).

Then let the zombie further in the map to open next soul door when you feel confident.

Do you think you could update it one more time to fix Quick Revive? I hate having all the zombies round up on top of me and dying as soon as I get back up :alone:

Will try to do that if I got time and figure out how to do it.

Meanwhile, crawl away from where you got downed(you can crawl when downed) so you're not surrounded when you get back up. This works about 90%+ of the time for me.

Hope that helps for now :\
Post by: purevil390 on September 06, 2015, 07:53:13 am
I've been playing this map with my buddy, and it's one of our favorites.  When we play though, we see an option to change the game mode, to gun game for example.  But when we click it, nothing happens, arrow keys, nothing happens.  How do you unlock the other game types?
Post by: mala15 on September 07, 2015, 07:24:44 pm
I've been playing this map with my buddy, and it's one of our favorites.  When we play though, we see an option to change the game mode, to gun game for example.  But when we click it, nothing happens, arrow keys, nothing happens.  How do you unlock the other game types?

Awesome :)

But sorry, there's only the one game mode...would've been difficult to balance all the game modes so focused on one.
Also, I scripted some things(for somewhat normal game rules) that would've required a lot of work to fix for other game modes.

Hope you have fun on the enabled mode anyway :)
Post by: Sickmind33 on September 25, 2015, 01:45:29 pm
This looks amazing dude! Great work
Post by: Studly on September 28, 2015, 06:53:38 am
This is a Great Map, Brilliant in fact and  thanks for taking the time to make this. it kept us occupied for hours.
Post by: mala15 on October 22, 2015, 03:04:20 pm
This looks amazing dude! Great work

This is a Great Map, Brilliant in fact and  thanks for taking the time to make this. it kept us occupied for hours.

Thanks guys! Hope you enjoyed yourselves :)

The intention was to make a deep experience with much to get into, discover and try out :)

Secret jumping puzzles NO One have found (that I know of^^) :
! No longer available (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCC2olJi9c#)

Only the first 4 min of the video is showing you the jumping puzzle....rest is random and not "required"^^
Anyone figured out some part of the jumping puzzles or?