UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Tutorial Desk => Modding => Topic started by: BluntStuffy on July 22, 2015, 07:29:47 pm

Title: [tut] Making FX-materials / converting BO FX-materials. Asset-manger / FX-ed
Post by: BluntStuffy on July 22, 2015, 07:29:47 pm
How to convert materials you can use for FX, asset-manager settings / fx-editor settings etc..
I figured this kind of tut needs comments, so my first vid with live-comments :) srry for the shitty mic..
Hope it's usefull!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaMOoHoSLPk&feature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaMOoHoSLPk&feature=youtu.be)
Title: Re: [tut] Making FX-materials / converting BO FX-materials. Asset-manger / FX-ed
Post by: c.h.n on July 22, 2015, 09:29:14 pm
don't do it like that. it's a waste of time. this is how i do it.this method is easier.

i recorded it for you.

Title: Re: [tut] Making FX-materials / converting BO FX-materials. Asset-manger / FX-ed
Post by: BluntStuffy on July 22, 2015, 10:02:08 pm
Well, it's only a little bit faster  :poker:

Very cool, thanks man. I'm going to give that a try, for converting BO materials etc it's waaay faster!!

You could also use 'my' method to make fx from any image / gif, so guess that's a little added value. Going to try your ass-man setting as well on that though, they Always confuse the ** out of me.. I got to these pretty much by traill and error, and where the only working combination i could find so far  :P

Thanks for this!  :)
Post by: MrDunlop4 on July 23, 2015, 09:46:32 pm
Awesome :)
Post by: alaurenc9 on August 03, 2015, 02:08:06 am
o damnit, that's why my fx always follows the camera and stuff ( billboard sprite ), thanks for the help. But how come oriented always makes it come out like flat?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on September 10, 2015, 01:06:32 am
tried this, exactly the same effect aswell and i get

error : does not have the correct number of mipmaps...

making the image TGA seemed to fix it
Post by: MakeCents on September 10, 2015, 01:34:53 am
tried this, exactly the same effect aswell and i get

error : does not have the correct number of mipmaps...

making the image TGA seemed to fix it

That usually has to do with the size of your image that you saved. I get it when I forget to make my dds a power of 2.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on September 10, 2015, 04:52:27 am
That usually has to do with the size of your image that you saved. I get it when I forget to make my dds a power of 2.
ah, right, didnt even check that lol :)

now i reconverted, these came out so nice now, and i was ( finally ) able to open the fx from black ops in the black ops fx editor, wouldnt work before, could practically copy all the settings over. Happy Harry now :)