UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: 1157tommy on July 17, 2015, 06:25:37 pm

Title: main menu not appearing
Post by: 1157tommy on July 17, 2015, 06:25:37 pm
so i have been trying to make a ugx map, i have done all the compiling and stuff i had some trouble using the asset manager fixed it, but every time i try to test the map by opening it there is no special ugx main menu and its just the regular waw main menu with with some weird Asian language.
If anyone has a solution pls help:)
Title: Re: main menu not appearing
Post by: HitmanVere on July 18, 2015, 12:02:03 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/krN10NC.png)
Post by: liamsa669 on July 18, 2015, 02:34:07 pm
so i have been trying to make a ugx map, i have done all the compiling and stuff i had some trouble using the asset manager fixed it, but every time i try to test the map by opening it there is no special ugx main menu and its just the regular waw main menu with with some weird Asian language.
If anyone has a solution pls help:)
only reasons for a main menu to not show up (aka the default one shows) is either the file's syntax is currupt (aka a issue with the script) or you didnt include it in your mod.csv
Post by: Scobalula on July 18, 2015, 02:40:45 pm
Sounds like you got a little excited and ahead of yourself and didn't follow the entire wiki guide.

Not only is that part of the tutorial covered (using CoD Project Mover), it also shown in the screenshot above by Hitman in the FAQ that if you're getting weird text. :poker:

Can people actually follow the tutorial fully? :poker:

Double Post Merge: July 18, 2015, 02:41:57 pm
only reasons for a main menu to not show up (aka the default one shows) is either the file's syntax is currupt (aka a issue with the script) or you didnt include it in your mod.csv

From my experience even if you completely mess up your menu file in raw\ui WaW will revert to default one. :P I got this after I had a few typos in my menu file and WaW went back to the original one.
Post by: 1157tommy on July 18, 2015, 06:34:34 pm
thank you so much guys :D! i watched a youtube video and obviously that guy didnt know what he was talking about too much :derp:
Post by: 1157tommy on July 18, 2015, 07:16:52 pm
and can i stilll do this all because all my mods folders are in my root cod waw folder. I dont have an %appdata% folder.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 18, 2015, 07:59:23 pm
and can i stilll do this all because all my mods folders are in my root cod waw folder. I dont have an %appdata% folder.
yes you do its just hidden by windows

either navigate manually or follow a guide for unhiding hidden files and folders for your version of windows

Post by: 1157tommy on July 18, 2015, 09:09:20 pm
oh thanks found it :D
Post by: liamsa669 on July 18, 2015, 10:45:27 pm

Double Post Merge: July 18, 2015, 02:41:57 pm
From my experience even if you completely mess up your menu file in raw\ui WaW will revert to default one. :P I got this after I had a few typos in my menu file and WaW went back to the original one.
Isnt that what I said?