UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Map Releases => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => UGX Team Releases => Topic started by: treminaor on June 08, 2013, 07:05:41 pm

Title: [Script] UGX Jukebox v1.0.4
Post by: treminaor on June 08, 2013, 07:05:41 pm
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fugx-mods.com%2Fdownloads%2FJukebox%2520Logo.png&hash=a12b1f00b0fb1c3418696f8d5348c997906e5267)
ugx-mods.com
Installation Guide Wiki Page (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=UGX_Jukebox_Guide)

[Release] UGX Jukebox v1.0! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwrFm4mUkVg#ws)

Features:
*You can dynamically add songs to the Jukebox list! For instance you could call the add_song func after an objective is complete in order to add a new song for players to listen to!
*Supports up to 10 songs!**
*Super-easy to add custom songs. No menu editing or inputting song length times!
*Comes with 7 default songs which are copyright free. No worries for YouTubers!
 - Genres include Electronica/Techno, Metal/Hard Rock, and Rap/Hip Hop.
*Sexy song choice menu which can be controlled by either keyboard or mouse simultaneously!
*Can be placed multiple times in a single map!
*Easy drag-and-drop installation!
*Configuration options for electricity settings and song cost!
*Custom animations and effects which make it look awesome :D

** This limit is imposed mainly because it is an inconvenience to players if they have to download a map file that is 400mb large because the mapper thought it was cool to add 40 uncompressed songs to the map.

Changelog:
v1.0.4:
Moved all songs to the "music" channel in the soundalias so that volume can be changed with the music slider in World at War's audio options.
v1.0.3:
*Fixed a bug where you receive a gun with full ammo back after the button pushing anim plays for the box, instead of reviving your current ammo back.
v1.0.2:
*Fixed a bug where if the wait for power setting was enabled, the Jukebox would never turn on. Fixed a bug where dynamically adding a song did not work.
v1.0.1:
*Fixed a bug where the first song of the Jukebox would play if you hit ESC to close the song choice menu.
*Fixed a bug where in rare cases the Jukebox thought a song was complete prematurely.

Jukebox model created and animated by Justin Strawn.
Title: Re: [Script] UGX Jukebox v1.0.1
Post by: treminaor on June 08, 2013, 11:48:06 pm
Download link updated to v1.0.1.

v1.0.1:
*Fixed a bug where the first song of the Jukebox would play if you hit ESC to close the song choice menu.
*Fixed a bug where in rare cases the Jukebox thought a song was complete prematurely.
Post by: Chunkdogg9 on June 09, 2013, 04:10:16 am
Going to add this to my next map for sure!!
Post by: Stuffed_Oatmeal on June 10, 2013, 12:32:35 am
where do the scripts "level.jukebox["power_needed"] = false;
and level.jukebox["cost"] = 10;
go in the ugxm_user_settings.gsc
Post by: treminaor on June 10, 2013, 12:42:18 am
where do the scripts "level.jukebox["power_needed"] = false;
and level.jukebox["cost"] = 10;
go in the ugxm_user_settings.gsc
What gave you the idea that you needed to move anything anywhere? Just change them in ugx_jukebox.gsc like the Wiki says, nothing more, nothing less.
Post by: Stuffed_Oatmeal on June 10, 2013, 01:10:31 am
ok just to get this straght because i got a script compile error so you put            maps\ugx_jukebox::jukebox_precache();               before the line        maps\_zombiemode::main();               and after that you put the script in             thread maps\ugx_jukebox::jukebox_init();                ????
Post by: SajeOne on June 10, 2013, 01:17:41 am
ok just to get this straght because i got a script compile error so you put            maps\ugx_jukebox::jukebox_precache();               before the line        maps\_zombiemode::main();               and after that you put the script in             thread maps\ugx_jukebox::jukebox_init();                ????
yes, it should look like this:
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F1nsAbnn.png&hash=39787792395280607da24b8017cddd5a515fe5f0)
Post by: Stuffed_Oatmeal on June 10, 2013, 02:52:18 am
this juke box is amazing if you would like me to tommorow i could have a tutorial up on how to put it in your map?
Post by: Darkmapper on June 10, 2013, 04:39:12 pm
No credit for justin? O.o
Post by: treminaor on June 10, 2013, 05:33:52 pm
No credit for justin? O.o
It's permanently on the bottom of the menu?
Post by: Darkmapper on June 10, 2013, 05:43:33 pm
It's permanently on the bottom of the menu?

Oh only read through this article and the wiki article, didnt see the ingame edition.
Post by: treminaor on June 11, 2013, 01:44:13 am
Features list updated, I forgot one. Section 4 added to the Wiki page.
Post by: Mckay on June 27, 2013, 06:14:16 pm
Everything works well, except when I set power to be turned on to true, it gives me the hintstring, but it doesn't let me play the music after flipping the power on. Not sure if it's map related scripts that is the problem, or there's a small error in the jukebox scripts.
Post by: treminaor on June 27, 2013, 07:38:40 pm
Everything works well, except when I set power to be turned on to true, it gives me the hintstring, but it doesn't let me play the music after flipping the power on. Not sure if it's map related scripts that is the problem, or there's a small error in the jukebox scripts.
I'll check it out and get back to you soon.
Title: Re: [Script] UGX Jukebox v1.0.2
Post by: treminaor on June 27, 2013, 08:40:13 pm
Fixed, wiki updated with latest download version
Title: Re: [Script] UGX Jukebox v1.0.3
Post by: treminaor on July 11, 2013, 07:50:19 pm
Updated to v1.0.3:
*Fixed a bug where you receive a gun with full ammo back after the button pushing anim plays for the box, instead of reviving your current ammo back.

To update from v1.0.2, just copy .rar/mods/MAPNAME/maps/ugx_jukebox.gsc into your map's mod folder, overwriting the old one.
Title: Re: [Script] UGX Jukebox v1.0.4
Post by: treminaor on December 27, 2013, 06:09:21 pm
Download link updated to v1.0.4.

Changelog for v1.0.4:
* Moved all songs to the "music" channel in the soundalias so that volume can be changed with the music slider in World at War's audio options.
Post by: ProGamerzFTW on March 09, 2014, 05:48:59 am
Running this on UGX v1.0.3, for some reason when I choose a song, it shows the animation of the record that it's going to play, but then it does the animation a second after for when the song ends, so basically, no songs are playing.
Post by: treminaor on March 09, 2014, 05:52:24 am
Running this on UGX v1.0.3, for some reason when I choose a song, it shows the animation of the record that it's going to play, but then it does the animation a second after for when the song ends, so basically, no songs are playing.
It sounds like your sounds are not added correctly. The jukebox detects how long to spin the record based on the length of the sound files, so if its ending immediately then its not able to play the sound file.
Post by: ProGamerzFTW on March 09, 2014, 05:54:21 am
It sounds like your sounds are not added correctly. The jukebox detects how long to spin the record based on the length of the sound files, so if its ending immediately then its not able to play the sound file.

All the sound files are at

Call of Duty World at War\raw\sound\ugx_mod\music\jukebox

I've tried extracting the archive 2-3 times to my root directory, just to make sure.
Post by: treminaor on March 09, 2014, 06:20:15 am
All the sound files are at

Call of Duty World at War\raw\sound\ugx_mod\music\jukebox

I've tried extracting the archive 2-3 times to my root directory, just to make sure.
Yes but that is not the only step for adding the sounds. You also need to have the include line in one of your FF csv's and compile the FF which corresponds to the CSV you chose.
Post by: ProGamerzFTW on March 09, 2014, 06:26:47 am
Yes but that is not the only step for adding the sounds. You also need to have the include line in one of your FF csv's and compile the FF which corresponds to the CSV you chose.

I followed the tutorial and see nothing about an include line :c

I made sure I added these to my mod.csv box

Code Snippet
Plaintext
sound,ugx_jukebox_music,,all_sp
xmodel,jukebox_on
weapon,sp/jukebox_button_press
xanim,jukebox_button_press
fx,ugx/jukebox_idle
menufile,ui/scriptmenus/ugx_jukebox.menu
material,jukebox_bg
xanim,jukebox_start_anim
xanim,jukebox_end_anim
xanim,jukebox_loop_anim

and added the lines around the gamestate in mapname.gsc

maps\_soul_chest::PreCache_soul_chest();

before and

thread maps\ugx_jukebox::jukebox_init();

after

Post Merge: March 09, 2014, 06:38:43 am
Well ok... so adding sound,ugx_jukebox_music,,all_sp to ugx_mod's mod.csv allowed it to work.

That makes me wanna ask, am I suppose to put any custom lines for mod.csv for ugx_mod?
Post by: treminaor on March 09, 2014, 06:40:13 am
I followed the tutorial and see nothing about an include line :c

I made sure I added these to my mod.csv box

Code Snippet
Plaintext
sound,ugx_jukebox_music,,all_sp
xmodel,jukebox_on
weapon,sp/jukebox_button_press
xanim,jukebox_button_press
fx,ugx/jukebox_idle
menufile,ui/scriptmenus/ugx_jukebox.menu
material,jukebox_bg
xanim,jukebox_start_anim
xanim,jukebox_end_anim
xanim,jukebox_loop_anim

and added the lines around the gamestate in mapname.gsc

maps\_soul_chest::PreCache_soul_chest();

before and

thread maps\ugx_jukebox::jukebox_init();

after

Post Merge: March 09, 2014, 06:38:43 am
Well ok... so adding sound,ugx_jukebox_music,,all_sp to ugx_mod's mod.csv allowed it to work.

That makes me wanna ask, am I suppose to put any custom lines for mod.csv for ugx_mod?
You can (and probably should) put them in the ugx mod mod.csv. And those lines you quoted are the include lines I was referring to.
Post by: ProGamerzFTW on March 09, 2014, 06:43:42 am
You can (and probably should) put them in the ugx mod mod.csv. And those lines you quoted are the include lines I was referring to.

pfft, ok I fixed it, for SOME reason putting a //Jukebox one line before the sound,ugx_jukebox_music,,all_sp line in ugxm_mapname's mod.csv caused the sound,ugx_jukebox_music,,all_sp to be skipped. -.-

Edit: This happened before, and I just had to remove and readd that line.
Post by: treminaor on March 09, 2014, 06:51:15 am
pfft, ok I fixed it, for SOME reason putting a //Jukebox one line before the sound,ugx_jukebox_music,,all_sp line in ugxm_mapname's mod.csv caused the sound,ugx_jukebox_music,,all_sp to be skipped. -.-

Edit: This happened before, and I just had to remove and readd that line.
Yep that is an error Ive noticed with the Launcher program before. If you put a comment without a space after it //Jukebox instead of // Jukebox, it ignores the line immediately after it...  :poker: