UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: ProRevenge on July 07, 2015, 03:38:55 pm

Title: How to have 'overlapping' sounds?
Post by: ProRevenge on July 07, 2015, 03:38:55 pm
This is difficult to explain, but what im after is sounds that overlap, so for example a gun's firesound is 5 seconds long, When I spray I want to be able to hear the whole sound for each shot, as it stands at the minute I cannot hear the whole sound for each shot, this is extremely noticeable on the HAMR, add Double Tap and it sounds nasty compared to how it should, can someone help me?

This is the alias I am using: (AN94)

Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,platform,file,sequence,vol_min,vol_max,dist_min,dist_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,volume_min_falloff_curve,volumefalloffcurve,reverb_send,dist_reverb_max,reverb_min_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,pitch_min,pitch_max,randomize_type,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,startdelay,speakermap,lfe percentage,center percentage,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,real_delay,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,doppler,isbig

#Base fire sound lines,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
an94_fire_plr,,weapons/AN94/an94_fire.wav,,0.9,1,,,1,oldest,,,rfl_1st,,,,,,,,,,2d,,,,0.75,,,,,,,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,90,90,0.25,1,,
Title: Re: How to have 'overlapping' sounds?
Post by: BluntStuffy on July 07, 2015, 04:53:47 pm
limit_count and limit_type are the one's you need to change. The limit_count is how many sounds can play "at once" the limit_type is what it does when it exceeds that limit.

So something like this should help:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,platform,file,sequence,vol_min,vol_max,dist_min,dist_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,volume_min_falloff_curve,volumefalloffcurve,reverb_send,dist_reverb_max,reverb_min_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,pitch_min,pitch_max,randomize_type,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,startdelay,speakermap,lfe percentage,center percentage,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,real_delay,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,doppler,isbig

#Base fire sound lines,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
an94_fire_plr,,weapons/AN94/an94_fire.wav,,0.9,1,,,6,oldest,,,rfl_1st,,,,,,,,,,2d,,,,0.75,,,,,,,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,90,90,0.25,1,,
Post by: ProRevenge on July 08, 2015, 06:59:50 pm
This worked an absolute treat, sounds SO much better on all my guns, thanks a lot for this :D
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 08, 2015, 07:51:16 pm
i wonder how you notice half this stuff sometimes lol

Thanks though, will be doing this myself ;)