UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Work-In-Progress => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Mods => Topic started by: Gabrielle on July 02, 2015, 11:42:49 pm

Title: Black Ops 1/WAW MOD - Revolution
Post by: Gabrielle on July 02, 2015, 11:42:49 pm
Hey,

Today I'm announcing my new mod called Revolution. It's no big amazing super great map editing skills, but it's basically the original maps, the BO maps with all the DLC with new stuff like BO2 guns, new wonderweapons, new powerups and perks (how cool would it be to play Kino with PHD? ^^)

As for now, I haven't really started it, I will do as soon as I finish installing Maya and WAW mod tools. But I will give a list of things I will finish for sure and a list of things I might finish (but not 100% sure)

The map MODs in WAW and BO are both different, because WAW will use BO/BO2 guns and BO will at least use BO2 guns (maybe even BO3 in the future, or AW????, don't own the game so can't extract anything from the game, neither I've got Ghosts).

Things to come (100% sure):

- New guns
- New powerups
- New viewhands (WAW-version)
- New perks
- New melee weapons
- Hitmarkers
- Custom camo

Things that might come:

- Hacking device
- Boss zombies (no dogs)
- Buyable powerups (for a high price only)
- Custom game options like custom games @ BO2 (change starting round, change difficulty, change dogs, change magic)
- Custom game options like FOV

I will start in a few days.
Title: Re: Black Ops 1/WAW MOD - Revolution
Post by: InFInIX on July 03, 2015, 05:54:48 am
I will start in a few days.
Looks good will try later :rainbow:
Post by: hachuwaka on July 03, 2015, 07:26:40 am
amazing, can't wait
i'm just concerned about new powerups... I mean, new weapons and perks are pretty cool, but maybe with powerups you take the essence of the game away.
Thank you for modding BO1 :)
Post by: Gabrielle on July 03, 2015, 09:41:14 am
amazing, can't wait
i'm just concerned about new powerups... I mean, new weapons and perks are pretty cool, but maybe with powerups you take the essence of the game away.
Thank you for modding BO1 :)

I more mean like bonus points random perk bottles and stuff like that. Not custom ones.
Post by: timelordalex on July 03, 2015, 10:57:51 am
I kinda feel like the Sliquifier would suit Verruckt, the Paralyzer would suit Shangri-La, the Blundergat on its own would suit Shi-No-Numa. The VR-11 should be on Five, The Winter's Howl should be on COTD.
Post by: lilrifa on July 03, 2015, 11:08:55 am
I kinda feel like the Sliquifier would suit Verruckt, the Paralyzer would suit Shangri-La, the Blundergat on its own would suit Shi-No-Numa. The VR-11 should be on Five, The Winter's Howl should be on COTD.
Why would you put the Winter's Howl on COTD? The zombies there are accustomed to cold temperature, so, realistically, it would be useless.
Post by: Gabrielle on July 03, 2015, 01:14:47 pm

Do you have any explaination why? Because I don't just randomly put WW in maps ya know.

Double Post Merge: July 03, 2015, 02:31:16 pm
If you have any suggestions about weapons, which weapons on which maps and which stock weapons and things like that, please tell me :)
Post by: MrDunlop4 on July 03, 2015, 02:36:19 pm
Looks good will try later :rainbow:
Is soo
Post by: Gabrielle on July 03, 2015, 09:16:58 pm
Ported my first BO2 gun for WAW, the Mauser C96. It doesn't have the correct stats yet and the correct sounds, but it was only to show off the animations and the models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrcm7EA12U&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrcm7EA12U&feature=youtu.be)

- Credits to elfenlied for tutorial on how to port tanim, credits to tom for his tools like lime and lemon -
Post by: ShotgunRagtime on July 04, 2015, 03:34:15 am
Y'know what, I've always thought that it would be cool to use WAW guns in Black Ops zombies. Like the same stats and whatnot, but prettier due to the improved lighting/rendering/whatever that you'll see them in on the BO engine. I mean, we can use BO guns on WAW maps through Rezz DLC, so why not do it both ways?

Damn, just imagine using an MG42 on Moon! Or a PTRS on CotD! A Type 100 and Arisaka on Shangri La!

So, if you're looking for guns to put into the BO mod, I'd consider adding some WAW ones. Perhaps not all of them, just the fun ones  ;)
Post by: Gabrielle on July 04, 2015, 09:58:37 am
Y'know what, I've always thought that it would be cool to use WAW guns in Black Ops zombies. Like the same stats and whatnot, but prettier due to the improved lighting/rendering/whatever that you'll see them in on the BO engine. I mean, we can use BO guns on WAW maps through Rezz DLC, so why not do it both ways?

Damn, just imagine using an MG42 on Moon! Or a PTRS on CotD! A Type 100 and Arisaka on Shangri La!

So, if you're looking for guns to put into the BO mod, I'd consider adding some WAW ones. Perhaps not all of them, just the fun ones  ;)

Well I kind of like that idea though I should look and see how porting to BO works as I've never ported a gun to BO. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Post by: BluntStuffy on July 04, 2015, 11:28:44 am
Ported my first BO2 gun for WAW, the Mauser C96. It doesn't have the correct stats yet and the correct sounds, but it was only to show off the animations and the models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrcm7EA12U&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrcm7EA12U&feature=youtu.be)

- Credits to elfenlied for tutorial on how to port tanim, credits to tom for his tools like lime and lemon -

Model needs some work, still some nasty hole's in the clip.
SevenGP posted a tut for fixing them not too long ago:
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7237.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7237.0)
Post by: Gabrielle on July 04, 2015, 11:35:01 am
Model needs some work, still some nasty hole's in the clip.
SevenGP posted a tut for fixing them not too long ago:
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7237.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7237.0)

I don't understand what you mean with nasty holes. And I need to remove the silencer as a comment suggested on my video (I thought silencer was part of normal mauser).
Post by: HitmanVere on July 04, 2015, 11:55:15 am
I don't understand what you mean with nasty holes. And I need to remove the silencer as a comment suggested on my video (I thought silencer was part of normal mauser).

1. Its not, only for upgraded
2. You dont need to redo every anim just to remove silencer, just use hidetags
Post by: BluntStuffy on July 04, 2015, 11:57:13 am

Take a close look when you reload the gun, it has holes in the clip:

(http://imgur.com/M3cpkjW.png)
Post by: Gabrielle on July 04, 2015, 12:02:24 pm
1. Its not, only for upgraded
2. You dont need to redo every anim just to remove silencer, just use hidetags

Oh okay I thought so thanks anyway.

Double Post Merge: July 04, 2015, 04:39:00 pm
Take a close look when you reload the gun, it has holes in the clip:

(http://imgur.com/M3cpkjW.png)

You have clearly a better eye than I have since I couldn't see a thing. Also I don't understand much of the tutorial you sent me..
Post by: BluntStuffy on July 04, 2015, 05:20:58 pm
You have clearly a better eye than I have since I couldn't see a thing. Also I don't understand much of the tutorial you sent me..

It's a pretty huge gap you cant really miss it.. One time you reload while looking out a window, it's more clear then but was hard to get a decent screeenshot from youtube.
I can actually see the gap quite clearly in the pic, but ok.. Just type in timescale 0.1 and reload it again, you'll see you can look trough the clip at some points ( ie. the side of the clip i put a big red circle around in the pic )
You'll get this with quite a lot bo2-guns when porting them in maya, some worse then others..
Post by: Gabrielle on July 04, 2015, 05:40:12 pm
It's a pretty huge gap you cant really miss it.. One time you reload while looking out a window, it's more clear then but was hard to get a decent screeenshot from youtube.
I can actually see the gap quite clearly in the pic, but ok.. Just type in timescale 0.1 and reload it again, you'll see you can look trough the clip at some points ( ie. the side of the clip i put a big red circle around in the pic )
You'll get this with quite a lot bo2-guns when porting them in maya, some worse then others..

Ah I think I see it now is this right:

(http://i.imgur.com/p6YHLb1.jpg)

The yellow part. Also, this is the correct model right (without silencer)?

Yea it's pretty much an issue, however the video you gave didn't help much as I found it hard to follow.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 05, 2015, 01:13:34 pm
happens to a number of post WAW guns, another example is the skorpion, huge hole appears by the hilt
Post by: Gabrielle on July 05, 2015, 07:07:23 pm
happens to a number of post WAW guns, another example is the skorpion, huge hole appears by the hilt

Well that sucks as the tutorial I didn't really follow. I will just focus on other things first because I'm kind of lazy and don't have 24/7 to work on this MOD, I'll just focus on BO weapons and perks and powerups and that kind of shit.
Post by: timelordalex on July 05, 2015, 10:13:46 pm
Do you have any explaination why? Because I don't just randomly put WW in maps ya know.

I can easily explain the Winter's Howl/VR-11 switch around. The Winters Howls effects are like that of the water in COTD - and yes the zombies are cold resistant which is why the water doesnt kill them instantly and how the Winters Howl would slowly lose its effectiveness. The VR-11 turns zombies into people in suits - they do not fit in COTD at all - but they would fit right in the pentagon in FIVE. Its effects on the Thief could be like its on George. If you shoot it unupgraded at the thief, it will slow him down - until you shoot at him then he'll run again, if its upgraded it'll slow him down permanently giving you an easy kill - just like one shot at george would send him away in the water for a few rounds.

In the case of the Sliquifier, i just feel like it would suit Verruckt, it would give you more of an edge than the Winters howl which doesnt really suit the map, but with the slippery floors it could do you over no time in that map.

The blundergat (not acid gat) suits Shi No Numa just because of its aesthetics imo and feels like it would work well there. The Paralyzer is not really required in Shangri-La imo but both it and the time bomb would work in there, kinda like how you go back in time during the eclipse, you have the time bomb too, the paralyzer would give you more of a fighting chance also.
Post by: JiffyNoodles on July 09, 2015, 02:58:07 am
I can easily explain the Winter's Howl/VR-11 switch around. The Winters Howls effects are like that of the water in COTD - and yes the zombies are cold resistant which is why the water doesnt kill them instantly and how the Winters Howl would slowly lose its effectiveness. The VR-11 turns zombies into people in suits - they do not fit in COTD at all - but they would fit right in the pentagon in FIVE. Its effects on the Thief could be like its on George. If you shoot it unupgraded at the thief, it will slow him down - until you shoot at him then he'll run again, if its upgraded it'll slow him down permanently giving you an easy kill - just like one shot at george would send him away in the water for a few rounds.

In the case of the Sliquifier, i just feel like it would suit Verruckt, it would give you more of an edge than the Winters howl which doesnt really suit the map, but with the slippery floors it could do you over no time in that map.

The blundergat (not acid gat) suits Shi No Numa just because of its aesthetics imo and feels like it would work well there. The Paralyzer is not really required in Shangri-La imo but both it and the time bomb would work in there, kinda like how you go back in time during the eclipse, you have the time bomb too, the paralyzer would give you more of a fighting chance also.
Well, somebody's gone and done goofed themselves... :poker:
The VR-11 is in COTD because it is basically A hollywood action movie, so by having a weapon that turns zombies into humans, is something straight of hollywood. The Winter's Howl, yes, would probably suit COTD more than Five, but it just ends up taking away the entire purpose of the ice water (which is about as useful as the winter's howl). And how would the blundergat suit Shi No Numa? It's a shotgun, made for close quarters combat, so having a bludergat in a extremely open map just makes no sense. The sliquifier really doesn't belong in any map at all except possibly Der Reise, as that is where all the experiemts went down.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 09, 2015, 03:49:56 am
you think it fits der reise? Finally i have a reason to port that monstrosity lol
Post by: JiffyNoodles on July 09, 2015, 06:58:55 am
you think it fits der reise? Finally i have a reason to port that monstrosity lol
It is best suited to it, out of all the WW that TLA mentioned
Post by: Gabrielle on July 10, 2015, 09:16:07 pm
I will see what kind of guns get in which maps. Honestly i really want to get the perks working first. Updates come in a week as for now i will be traveling to italy for holidays.