UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Work-In-Progress => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Mods => Topic started by: daedra descent on June 13, 2015, 02:47:30 am

Title: [WIP] Soviet Arena
Post by: daedra descent on June 13, 2015, 02:47:30 am
A close quarters map that uses the Soviet mod. I plan on releasing this map right along version 1.3 of the soviet mod which will include powerups and a new gamemode.

Features:
Soviet mod
Nazi spawners with weapons: mp40, kar98K scoped, Kar98K, mg42, gewehr43, and panzerschreck.
-random teleportation system

About 50% done

Pictures:
(http://i.gyazo.com/fee9687df35319cbb003a2f8b4d7bea2.png)
(http://i.gyazo.com/9b8b67f6c2f25a826eaa1a31c52bd353.png)
(http://i.gyazo.com/3f3cd3ee0b867307fdb1c93affc0a984.png)
Title: Re: [WIP] Soviet Arena
Post by: KDXDARK on June 13, 2015, 03:08:41 am
omg come on DD...give a little bit of detail to the map  :-\
Post by: daedra descent on June 13, 2015, 03:15:20 am
omg come on DD...give a little bit of detail to the map  :-\

Since this map is supposed to be an old school styled map i don't plan on really detailing it all that much. Still, if it makes people happy i'll throw in a few extra crates and barrels.   :lol:
Post by: HitmanVere on June 13, 2015, 07:31:10 am
Since this map is supposed to be an old school styled map i don't plan on really detailing it all that much. Still, if it makes people happy i'll throw in a few extra crates and barrels.   :lol:

Old-school maps were sometimes more detailed than most maps these days... :facepalm2:
Post by: Ege115 on June 13, 2015, 08:22:58 am
Old-school maps were sometimes more detailed than most maps these days... :facepalm2:
Wow good point.^^ :lol:
Post by: DeletedUser on June 13, 2015, 09:38:17 am
Seelow and Penguin had the worst amount of detailing in CZ history... :troll: But seriously deadra, I feel like there is something more to the fact that you refuse the needed detail...
Post by: steviewonder87 on June 13, 2015, 01:43:10 pm
Extra barrels and crates wouldn't make that look more detailed :lol: You could start with maybe using more than ONE texture ::) Also you are the ultimate promoter of detailed 'old school' stock maps, wtf are you going on about?
Post by: SirJammy on June 13, 2015, 02:12:39 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/mdm7PyP.jpg)
Post by: daedra descent on June 13, 2015, 02:50:28 pm
Old school shooter style, not World at War old school. Of course there are way more attractive old school shooters games/maps out there but i'm slowly working at improving it.

Extra barrels and crates wouldn't make that look more detailed :lol: You could start with maybe using more than ONE texture ::)

3 textures actually. The wall and floor/ceiling textures are two textures.  :troll:

Post by: TheScotchGuy on June 13, 2015, 02:53:34 pm
Old school shooter style, not World at War old school. Of course there are way more attractive old school shooters games/maps out there but i'm slowly working at improving it.

3 textures actually. The wall and floor/ceiling textures are two textures.  :troll:

still though dude, you slate everyone on mapping/scripting fails, someone who does this then releases something that looks so bad is a little backwards if you ask me
Post by: daedra descent on June 13, 2015, 03:14:52 pm
still though dude, you slate everyone on mapping/scripting fails, someone who does this then releases something that looks so bad is a little backwards if you ask me

I generally don't slate on mapping. Criticize some aspects of it perhaps, but not full on slate. However if you encounter any in-game bugs while playing the map due to a scripting flaw please do slate me for it. Its only fair, eh?

Though i really don't expect anyone to. I've already spent countless hours play testing the mod and there is only one currently known bug that i haven't been able to squash yet.