UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Tutorial Desk => Modding => Topic started by: Marsvinking on May 22, 2015, 10:50:28 pm

Title: Ambient Sound TUT by Marsvinking
Post by: Marsvinking on May 22, 2015, 10:50:28 pm
Hey i have being looking for tutorials about this everywhere and a guy told me how to do this so i thought that i just could make a tutorial about this for you folks

There is 2 different ambient sound settings 3D and 2D.'

In this tutorial i am going to tell you how to do this

1. Find out what sound you want to use either a sound that is already added or you can convert your own sound which i did in my case.

2. Go into CodWAW root directory and go into raw/soundaliases and from there of copy the audio_test_laufer and rename it to ambient_custom.

3. Then open the file that you just renamed, open it in Notepad++ or wordpad i suggest NP++.

4. Then delete everything inside of the file.

5. Then copy this code

This is 3D sound which does that you only hear it when you are close to it

Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,sequence,file,platform,vol_min,vol_max,pitch_min,pitch_max,dist_min,dist_max,dist_reverb_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,priority,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,reverb_falloff_curve,subtitle,compression,randomize_type,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,volumefalloffcurve,startdelay,speakermap,reverb_send,lfe percentage,center percentage,platform,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,distance_lpf

# Ambient SFX - Static,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
soundname,,foldername/soundname.wav,!wii,0.9,1,1,1,,,,,,,ambience,,3d,,,,,,,curve2,,,,,,,,looping,,all_sp,,,,,,,,,ambience,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This is 2D Sound this will be a overall sound which you can hear from all distances

Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,sequence,file,platform,vol_min,vol_max,pitch_min,pitch_max,dist_min,dist_max,dist_reverb_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,priority,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,reverb_falloff_curve,subtitle,compression,randomize_type,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,volumefalloffcurve,startdelay,speakermap,reverb_send,lfe percentage,center percentage,platform,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,distance_lpf

# Ambient SFX - Static,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
soundname,,foldername/soundname.wav,!wii,0.9,1,1,1,,,,,,,ambience,,2d,,,,,,,curve2,,,,,,,,looping,,all_sp,,,,,,,,,ambience,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hit save as and save it as a .csv file

6. Now go into Launcher and add this to your mod.csv 
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//Ambient Sound
sound,ambient_custom,,all_sp

7. Go into your call of duty WAW root directory and go into mods/mapname and make a folder called sound and paste your sound folder inside of it like this (http://i.gyazo.com/da19cc9f494d2a2374ced0f0ab8c3ded.png)

8. Go into radiant and make a script_struct with the following kvps.

script_looping 1
script_label looper
script_sound soundname (This will be what you named your sound in the soundalias)
targetname looper_loop

YOU Are ALMOST DONE :)

Now save it and compile your map and the map_patch
Then go into the Build and Build IWD and Build Mod.ff fastfile
And make sure your sound is ticked in the IWD File List.

Your DONE now go test it in your map    Hope you like it.

Please tell me if i have missed out something.
Title: Re: Ambient Sound TUT by Marsvinking
Post by: dondogs123 on May 23, 2015, 09:06:51 pm
Rvex  8)
Post by: smasher248 on May 24, 2015, 09:30:45 am
are you sure its not meant to be saved as a .csv and not a .gsc seeing as its a soundaliase
Post by: ProRevenge on May 24, 2015, 11:49:37 am
ERROR: Sound alias SOUNDFILE file ambient_custom.csv: Unknown limit_type 'ambience'; should be none,oldest,reject,priority
ERROR: Sound alias file ambient_custom.csv: Unknown speakermap 'looping'

These errors are stopping this working
Post by: Marsvinking on May 25, 2015, 09:28:36 am
ERROR: Sound alias SOUNDFILE file ambient_custom.csv: Unknown limit_type 'ambience'; should be none,oldest,reject,priority
ERROR: Sound alias file ambient_custom.csv: Unknown speakermap 'looping'

These errors are stopping this working

I also get these two errors but the ambient sound still works in my map
btw ERROR: Sound alias SOUNDFILE      You should rename the SOUNDFILE to your sound an existing sound in the raw sounds.       Still not getting it working contact me on skype or Steam

Double Post Merge: May 25, 2015, 09:29:43 am
are you sure its not meant to be saved as a .csv and not a .gsc seeing as its a soundaliase

My Bad just fixed it
Post by: ProRevenge on May 25, 2015, 09:48:44 am
Yeah I changed it to SOUNDFILE for the purpose of the post, in my case its bo2menu_loop (I wanted to have a radio ambiently playing bo2 zombies menu music) but no sound comes in game and launcher gives those errors with the alias
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 26, 2015, 01:39:34 am
soundname,,foldername/soundname.wav,!wii

!wii? Change that to 1, not sure why it says that? lol
Post by: Marsvinking on May 26, 2015, 02:06:48 pm
soundname,,foldername/soundname.wav,!wii

!wii? Change that to 1, not sure why it says that? lol

its supposed to be like that !wii       thats how it works check out the other ambience sound .csv and u can see it
Post by: Captain Zombie on May 20, 2018, 05:34:21 pm
Can you make TUT Video because i do what you say and didnt done with me
Post by: smasher248 on May 30, 2018, 06:26:21 pm
Can you make TUT Video because i do what you say and didnt done with me

3 Years late, almost to the date
Post by: klevi on December 27, 2018, 07:24:38 pm
3 Years late, almost to the date
so it works now?