UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: johndoe on April 21, 2013, 11:36:32 pm

Title: [SOLVED] Strange radiant problem (video included)
Post by: johndoe on April 21, 2013, 11:36:32 pm
Couple of days ago i installed Codwaw mod tools and tried to make my very first map. Nothing went wrong during the installation, and i didn't see something going wrong. But whenever i try to do something on radiant (e.g drawing something, moving around, clicking somewhere) nothing seems to happen but something actually happens(sounds weird. i know). after it gets stuck, i have to resize some of the view windows so that i can see what i did.

I know it sounds really weird so i captured a video of it.
http://tinyurl.com/wtfradiant (http://tinyurl.com/wtfradiant)

By the way i'm using a laptop which i think is good enough to accomplish such tasks, so i don't think it's about my hardware, and i'm using a freshly installed windows 7 home basic on which i only use for gaming(i use linux for other things if you're wondering).

Long story short, this problem drives me mad and i'd really appreciate any kind of help. Thanks for the help in advance and have a nice day or night or... whatever...
Title: Re: Strange radiant problem (video included)
Post by: SajeOne on April 22, 2013, 12:03:19 am
hmm, just a theory but try going to "Edit>Preferences" and under camera hit "Update XY on drag". Also you could try running in compatibility for windows xp service pack 3. Also have you tried just selecting objects from the 3D view? Other then that I'm not sure I don't think I've ran into a problem like that.
Post by: johndoe on April 22, 2013, 12:38:29 am
nope, changing preferences didn't help. i'm already running it under winxp sp3 compatibility mode. oh i remembered something! yesterday, i tried to run it under my ubuntu's windows app loader and it worked perfectly(bit of laggy though). so i'm guessing it's something to do with my os. wish companies supported linux more so wouldn't have to work on linux '-_-
Post by: treminaor on April 22, 2013, 06:39:34 am
nope, changing preferences didn't help. i'm already running it under winxp sp3 compatibility mode. oh i remembered something! yesterday, i tried to run it under my ubuntu's windows app loader and it worked perfectly(bit of laggy though). so i'm guessing it's something to do with my os. wish companies supported linux more so wouldn't have to work on linux '-_-
Radiant can get pretty screwed up by itself sometimes for whatever reason - usually the best thing to do is just re-extract the radiant exe and preferences from the Mod Tools rar, overwriting what you have. Basically doing a reset of Radiant.
Post by: johndoe on April 23, 2013, 05:33:26 pm
i did that too. still the same -_-
Post by: johndoe on October 11, 2013, 05:11:33 pm
after everything i tried, nothing seems to solve the problem. i configured my linux to run mod tools and i'm making my maps on linux right now. i guess i can say the problem is solved.