UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: Zombiejelly on April 20, 2013, 03:42:22 pm

Title: maya
Post by: Zombiejelly on April 20, 2013, 03:42:22 pm
is the maya 8.5 a free program or pay, if there is a way to get free other than torrent let me know plz
Title: Re: maya
Post by: SajeOne on April 20, 2013, 03:47:59 pm
is the maya 8.5 a free program or pay, if there is a way to get free other than torrent let me know plz
I cannot condone pirating on this site, But its almost impossible to find In a legal fashion. Might find one on Ebay or something. An other solution is to use Blender with the user made xmodel and xanim export plugins made for it.
Post by: treminaor on April 20, 2013, 04:49:33 pm
Licenses can be found on eBay or you can use the Personal Learning Edition under the free Learning/Evaluation License provisions. Considering you don't intend to use Maya for commercial gain there's really no point in buying a license - use the PLE edition.
Post by: Zombiejelly on April 20, 2013, 11:36:30 pm
thanks for responding, i downloaded blender and it seems really confusing. i dont know how im gonna learn it. i had a hard enough time working in radiant. that would have never happened if there had not been so many good tuts. well if anyone knows a good tutorial on getting started on blender it would be appreciated. just the basics
Post by: treminaor on April 20, 2013, 11:40:32 pm
thanks for responding, i downloaded blender and it seems really confusing. i dont know how im gonna learn it. i had a hard enough time working in radiant. that would have never happened if there had not been so many good tuts. well if anyone knows a good tutorial on getting started on blender it would be appreciated. just the basics
Personally I hate the blender UI but Maya will probably be worse for you if you find that too confusing. What are you aiming to accomplish?
Post by: Zombiejelly on April 20, 2013, 11:59:53 pm
mainly textures and basic models for a map im trying to make.
Post by: treminaor on April 21, 2013, 12:18:41 am
mainly textures and basic models for a map im trying to make.
Textures would be done in an image editing program such as Photoshop. You could probably have someone else in the community make basic models for you or find them online. The rest could probably be managed in Radiant with brushes?
Post by: SajeOne on April 21, 2013, 12:28:26 am
it seems really confusing.
Welcome to my life.