UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: johndoe on April 18, 2013, 07:56:20 pm

Title: Remake idea?
Post by: johndoe on April 18, 2013, 07:56:20 pm
Hello everyone. I know this has been discussed a million times on a lot of sites but i'm gonna do it anyway.

With the power of ugx mod, wouldn't it be awesome to have some of black ops' zombie maps (kino, ascension etc.) on waw with ugx mod? I mean... think about it. I think it may be even more awesome than they already are. In fact i'm trying to learn mapping but i get lots of stupid errors and it makes me really demotivated.

Note: please don't get mad like "remaking is stupid", "be original dammit!". i'm just trying to share an idea and i'd really appreciate it if you have an approach on it like i do. Have a nice day/night whatever...
Title: Re: Remake idea?
Post by: tomikaze on April 18, 2013, 08:07:56 pm
Kino, for your gaming pleasure:
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=660.msg6139;topicseen#new (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=660.msg6139;topicseen#new)

My opinion and maybe most people's around here is that the vast majority of Treyarch's maps are complete garbage. So, if you or a team of mappers want to build a remake of Ascension or any other map Treyarch has squeezed out, by all mean go for it. It just may be hard to find anyone who wants to make that happen as badly as you do. But to your credit, yes all Treyarch's maps would be better with the UGX Mod on them.
Post by: johndoe on April 18, 2013, 08:18:20 pm
oh i didn't know kino has been remade even tough i searched for it a lot. thanks for the link and your opinions, and thanks for not being a jerk, it means a lot :)
Post by: SajeOne on April 18, 2013, 08:55:48 pm
If I had a nickle....
Post by: tomikaze on April 18, 2013, 09:40:30 pm
What? Sage will do remakes for a nickle?! That's what I heard.
Post by: SajeOne on April 18, 2013, 09:51:06 pm
What? Sage will do remakes for a nickle?! That's what I heard.
O_O
Post by: nickst98 on April 19, 2013, 12:52:19 am
or remake a mp map with a new theme, not expanded or remade exact, but a different time like nuketown zombies