UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Map Releases => Topic started by: ProRevenge on May 07, 2015, 08:28:56 pm

Title: Stranded V1.1 (Fixed Co op)
Post by: ProRevenge on May 07, 2015, 08:28:56 pm
mega.co.nz
                                                                                                               MEGA

www.mediafire.com
                                                                                                            MEDIAFIRE
STRANDED

Due to me forgetting to remove the perk limit, I have re uploaded so before playing co op, ensure everyone has downloaded this most recent version.

PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL PLAYERS HAVE DOWNLOADED THIS MOST RECENT VERSION! I forgot to remove perk limit and so I re uploaded it, if people have different versions co op will not work.

This is my first map! Nearly 3 months in the making. So please don't expect perfection, but please enjoy!

V1.1 CHANGES:
Co op fixed - now works
A few double pap gun ammo amounts changed
Buyable ending added
Smoother clipping in some areas
General fixes

I will only update again now if the map is literally broken, I want to be done with it.

Features:

Black Ops 1 and 2 guns
All black ops 8 perks
Double Pack a Punch
Kino Style Teleporter
Wunderwaffe DOES NOT zap away jugg
Easter Egg song
Nuketown Zombie Models
2 Different PAP Camos
Glowing blue zombie eyes
Custom Drawn Wallchalks (Done properly, chalk fits the gun and model comes out of wall)
Some custom changed FX
Some custom textures
BO2 Round Chalks
BO2 Font (Agency FB)
BO2 Viewhands and Character models

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FEUJjZuV.jpg&hash=15853516741501c2a8986fb37c9278b993e0fd8c)
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FbTYlDBn.jpg&hash=f2b6365ef8c8105b1170ec53b6e15c17fba0bb20)
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F1ngIfNa.jpg&hash=44db361a206e15249a55b342bb2646c3c2e5a1f0)

CREDITS:
Spoiler: click to open...
HarryBo21 - Being amazing and giving me a new perk script, BO2 Bottle, machine and PAP models, and lots of help :)
Rorke - All the awesome weapons (PAP and Double PAP versions made by me, though)
HitmanVere - BO1 and Lava PAP camos, a few PAP gun name suggestions and LOTS of help
DidUKnowIPwn - Custom font and help aligning round number
MrDunlop4 - Zombie eyes FX, BO2 character models, Verruckt voice tutorial
sal24r - bo2 round chalk
FreeCodCinematics - various prefabs/models
deper63923 - alternative barrier types (moon + ascension)
JR-Imagine - script placer z
steviewonder87 - various answers to my questions in help forums
Sniperbolt - Tutorial
MakeCents - Fan blade trap
Pashan - Pillar prefabs
RonanMerriman - futuristic container prefabs and textures
Marsvinking - Kino style teleporter
Aidan - Kino tele script
lukkie1998/hitmanvere/bhmbob - Help with ee song
Ege115 - script and tut for EE song
jombersson - PAP sten name suggestion
asus89 (CFG) - a few xmodels
MZslayer11 - help with a few missing weaponfiles
sevengpluke - ambient sounds script
bhmbob - Stakeout Pap name
NGcaudle - mp7 pap name idea
xJimmy33 - new scope overlay
BluntStuffy and MakeCents - zoning help
Lukkie1998 - PAP gun name suggestion - and lots of general help
Tim Smith - Help in the chat
The UGX team - UGX weapon editor (AMAZING program!) and the wonderful site
ANYONE who has helped me in chat, the forum or in any way :D

If you think you should be on this list because I used one of your features or something and I forgot to add you, PM me and I will add you ASAP :)
[/color]

BETA TESTERS:
HitmanVere
mxtxm
Scobalula
elitewelshie94
SmoothCreamPie
KyotaCrafter
OneForPoints
sean_a_z

CO OP TESTING:
NGcaudle

NOTES:
The EE song is copyrighted Treyarch, but im not sure on usage laws surrounding it being as it is being used in a Treyarch game, and the WAW songs are copyrighted Treyarch but fine to use, so im not sure wether Youtubers would need to mute it, if so, it DOES run on the Music channel, so turn that off :)
I didn't make a Double PAP wunderwaffe, as I think it will be too OP
Most double PAP guns are just a slight damage and ammo increase, to avoid the above
Without ANY other Cods to port from, I had to make do with what weapons, models and features I can get from CFG or that other users VERY kindly gave to me :)
The Horizon looks kinda sucky, I tried to make it look good, but it was very hard, I figured that you barely look at the horizon in the map anyway so didn't put too much thought into it
I will make an update if any major bugs come along, or if it is widely requested, but for now, I just want to be done with this map.

Title: Re: Stranded
Post by: DeletedUser on May 07, 2015, 08:34:42 pm
looks cool! Downloading now. :)
Post by: Scobalula on May 07, 2015, 08:35:17 pm
Enjoyed beta testing this map, it's quite impressive for a first map, recommend scrubs out there give this one a try! ;D
Post by: HitmanVere on May 07, 2015, 08:41:25 pm
CREDITS:
HitmanVere - BO1 and Lava PAP camos, a few PAP gun name suggestions and LOTS of help
lukkie1998/hitmanvere/bhmbob - Help with ee song

BETA TESTERS:
HitmanVere

:nyan:

Very good for a first map :D
Post by: Donkey22 on May 07, 2015, 09:13:49 pm
BO2, BO2 and BO2. Where's Black Ops 3  :poker: ( JK love the idea of fighting zombies on an island like this  :) )
Post by: thezombieproject on May 07, 2015, 09:23:14 pm
is there a buyable Ending

Post by: ProRevenge on May 07, 2015, 09:27:14 pm
There is not since I dont like them and I believe zombies is about survival and not just buying the end.

BUT, if there is enough demand for one, I will gladly add one in an update to please people
Post by: Donkey22 on May 07, 2015, 09:29:34 pm
Why buy an ending to avoid getting killed by the zombies, when you can just hold a nade ........and let it all sink in.... :troll:
Post by: Gabrielle on May 07, 2015, 09:56:58 pm
BO2, BO2 and BO2. Where's Black Ops 3  :poker: ( JK love the idea of fighting zombies on an island like this  :) )

I already got the BO3 weapons in my map together with COD 2016 guns and models from COD 2017  :lol:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 07, 2015, 10:01:17 pm
I already got the BO3 weapons in my map together with COD 2016 guns and models from COD 2017  :lol:
those are "so" yesterday  8)
Post by: daedra descent on May 07, 2015, 10:07:12 pm
Is this portalled at all? Only getting an unstable 75 FPS in this map at 1080P 4x AA.  :-\
Post by: ProRevenge on May 07, 2015, 10:12:21 pm
There are a few but not many portals, I have Tried, tried and tried to portal it but the map just will not have it, Ive no idea how to portal a jungle area, and keep getting portal sees into 2 cells everywhere else. the turorials also only show how to portal perfectly square rooms...
And 75FPS? Thats brilliant, 60 is pushing it for me
Post by: seanathan on May 07, 2015, 10:13:26 pm
Yay the map is out! PS thanx for letting me beta test it! :P
Post by: arceus on May 07, 2015, 10:16:03 pm
Is this portalled at all? Only getting an unstable 75 FPS in this map at 1080P 4x AA.  :-\
i normally get like 15-20 frames on every map :poker:. moral of the story, don't complain
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 07, 2015, 10:19:13 pm
i normally get like 15-20 frames on every map :poker:. moral of the story, don't complain
It was a thinly veiled brag about his new GPU actually :kidding:
Post by: Coteh on May 07, 2015, 10:20:39 pm
The map is really good but doesn't work for multiplayer it jsut crashes the game would love to make a video on it though!
Post by: daedra descent on May 07, 2015, 10:23:42 pm
There are a few but not many portals, I have Tried, tried and tried to portal it but the map just will not have it, Ive no idea how to portal a jungle area, and keep getting portal sees into 2 cells everywhere else. the turorials also only show how to portal perfectly square rooms...
And 75FPS? Thats brilliant, 60 is pushing it for me

Oh alright was wondering why the heck my GPU was having a hard time playing this.

And yeah 75FPS. In just about every other map i get 91(FPS limit) without frame drops so i was kinda curious as to why this one was different.

It was a thinly veiled brag about his new GPU actually :kidding:

Totally.  ;)
Post by: RBRT on May 07, 2015, 11:52:56 pm
Great map.  :) I'm still on my first playthrough, but I love it. The detail is amazing the atmosphere is great, and the weapons feel like they could pop some heads  8)

Double PaP could be a bit more powered up or at least more bullets than right now, as I find myself running out of ammo (at least for the AK74U, where you only got two extra mags) way too quickly. Also could there be a way to make the double pap sound different? I think that would make the weapon feel more satisfying.

Only bug I've found is the pathing in the warehouse, where the zombies seem to like strolling up the stairs to phd before realizing I'm fresh brains.  :lol:

Edit: Only other things I would add are that you cant shoot through window boards and that you can't buy ammo for double pap'ed weapons off the wall.

Like I said, Great map, keep it up   :D
Post by: Dust on May 08, 2015, 12:39:44 am
There is not since I dont like them and I believe zombies is about survival and not just buying the end.

BUT, if there is enough demand for one, I will gladly add one in an update to please people

I personally enjoy having a buyable ending in maps, because not too many care about high rounds in custom zombies. Treyarch official maps I understand. but just normal custom zombies, I always like having an end game to achieve to get
Post by: MZslayer11 on May 08, 2015, 02:38:50 am
"All black ops 8 perks"

:please: when did black ops 8 come out? I would like to play it

That reminds me of what a rich girl would say to her rich daddy when she complains that he got her the wrong diamond iphone.
Post by: ProRevenge on May 08, 2015, 06:29:50 am
Ok, is co op crashing? Can someone please detail it, like exactly what happens? And I will try to fix ASAP, and also look into the warehouse pathing and wall weapon ammo for double PAP guns
Post by: CraftDAnimations on May 08, 2015, 09:34:25 am
Looks good from the screenshots.  Downloading now and will see if I can set some challenges for CotD.  Well done.
Post by: Organdonor on May 08, 2015, 10:06:00 am
Thanks for sharing!! Downloading now
Post by: ShadowMaster862 on May 08, 2015, 12:51:18 pm
This map looks epic and I think I will do a review over after a few playthroughs.
Post by: CraftDAnimations on May 08, 2015, 01:23:43 pm
I normally get 60FPS on maps but this one wont go over 15FPS.  Any reason for this?
Post by: MZslayer11 on May 08, 2015, 02:58:58 pm
I normally get 60FPS on maps but this one wont go over 15FPS.  Any reason for this?

It is not portaled.
Post by: DeletedUser on May 08, 2015, 04:15:10 pm
Ok, is co op crashing? Can someone please detail it, like exactly what happens? And I will try to fix ASAP, and also look into the warehouse pathing and wall weapon ammo for double PAP guns
ERROR: Could not find zone Call of Duty - World at War\zone\english\Test1.ff'
Post by: ProRevenge on May 08, 2015, 04:16:46 pm
Is that the error that comes up when cp op crashes? If it is when I get on my PC ill work on fixing it, look into a couple other bugs, maybe add a buyable ending and update
Post by: DeletedUser on May 08, 2015, 04:20:17 pm
Is that the error that comes up when cp op crashes? If it is when I get on my PC ill work on fixing it, look into a couple other bugs, maybe add a buyable ending and update
Yes, is this is the error when you play in co-op, It would be a very nice a Endgame. :)
Post by: smasher248 on May 08, 2015, 04:31:06 pm
this map is really good, i had a lot of fun playing it
Post by: GearZ469 on May 08, 2015, 04:49:04 pm
Looks awesome.. Will download later ;D
Post by: HitmanVere on May 08, 2015, 04:49:34 pm
To everyone complaining about FPS, atleast you didnt need to test multiple times with 20FPS :P Map maker tried multiple times, but failed, so we cant judge him on that :P
Post by: kingcon218 on May 08, 2015, 04:50:05 pm
I WOULD LOVE A BUYABLE ENDING. personally i only play maps with buyable ends as i like that theres an objective feel to it an something to complete but understand the other side to it. have mappers got the option of of giving the player the choice of having one or not? that would be a good idea, going to try this map anyway
Post by: ProRevenge on May 08, 2015, 06:11:34 pm
Great map.  :) I'm still on my first playthrough, but I love it. The detail is amazing the atmosphere is great, and the weapons feel like they could pop some heads  8)

Double PaP could be a bit more powered up or at least more bullets than right now, as I find myself running out of ammo (at least for the AK74U, where you only got two extra mags) way too quickly. Also could there be a way to make the double pap sound different? I think that would make the weapon feel more satisfying.

Only bug I've found is the pathing in the warehouse, where the zombies seem to like strolling up the stairs to phd before realizing I'm fresh brains.  :lol:

Edit: Only other things I would add are that you cant shoot through window boards and that you can't buy ammo for double pap'ed weapons off the wall.

Like I said, Great map, keep it up   :D
Can you expand on that PHD issue? Ive tried spending rounds there, buying the perk etc and am unable to recreate any issues near it... I might go and add a couple more mags to a few double PAP guns

And a buyable ending is in the works :)

EDIT: Buyable ending ADDED :D I don't really like them, but if the community does, Ill add one :)

A couple more issues like broken co op need fixing then ill release v1.1
Post by: RBRT on May 08, 2015, 08:17:54 pm
Can you expand on that PHD issue? Ive tried spending rounds there, buying the perk etc and am unable to recreate any issues near it... I might go and add a couple more mags to a few double PAP guns

And a buyable ending is in the works :)

EDIT: Buyable ending ADDED :D I don't really like them, but if the community does, Ill add one :)

A couple more issues like broken co op need fixing then ill release v1.1

I didn't buy the perk. I simply went up to it to check it out. When I came back down and ran past my two walkers, they didn't even look at me but continued up to phd.
Post by: ProRevenge on May 08, 2015, 08:19:55 pm
Ok, Did it just happen once on 2 walkers, or was it happening with fresh spawners and actually disrupting the rounds at all?
Post by: HitmanVere on May 08, 2015, 08:30:23 pm
I didn't buy the perk. I simply went up to it to check it out. When I came back down and ran past my two walkers, they didn't even look at me but continued up to phd.

That happens on a lot of maps actually due to the triggers or clips, not sure which one is it
Post by: LegitimateRage on May 08, 2015, 08:37:46 pm
Very nice map man, for a first Map it looks and sounds great, I love me some Double PaP and MSMC on the wall  :). Tell me, are the perk bottles scattered around the Map related to an Easter Egg or simply for cosmetics?

And to add to Daedra Descent's complaint, I too am finding this Map quite unstable. World at War will be my only tab open, I turn down some settings and I still get a stuttery 45-60 fps range. Doesn't happen all the time but frequently enough. I have a 750Ti just for reference.
Post by: RBRT on May 08, 2015, 08:49:32 pm
Ok, Did it just happen once on 2 walkers, or was it happening with fresh spawners and actually disrupting the rounds at all?

I didn't really run zombs in that area, so  I don't know unfortunately. Once I get home I can test it out if you want me too.

I was going to play it anyway  :D
Post by: KyotaCrafter on May 08, 2015, 10:56:02 pm
It was a joy to beta test this map! Even though it was your first you did an amazing job! Hope to see more maps like this! ;)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 08, 2015, 11:59:30 pm
like you im sorta against buyable endings, weak gun and a lot of patience and its done

why not make some other kind of ending? A final objective of some sort, or some kind of "last stand"
Post by: BurnedAftershoX on May 09, 2015, 01:31:21 am
There is a glitch right when you open the storage room with the teleporter. You can run up the stairs against the right wall and become completely immobile for some reason. Still stuck :/
Post by: Cuznlar on May 09, 2015, 03:53:44 am
I am also getting an error when trying with more than 1 person.

error = please rebuild map under maps\test1.d3dbsp
Post by: SenorSaucy on May 09, 2015, 04:13:44 am
I try to play this map with a friend and it kicks me out saying Patch Map Missing.  Now when I play it solo it loads up fine.  Any fix for this?
Post by: ProRevenge on May 09, 2015, 08:09:39 am
Really? Ill try to recreate that and smooth out the clipping in the area then,
And I have like NO scripting experience so making another type of ending will be a mammoth task
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 09, 2015, 08:35:18 am
depends what you wanted to do ;)
Post by: e0894ed4 on May 09, 2015, 10:40:47 am
downloading thanks
Post by: Cuznlar on May 09, 2015, 03:07:54 pm
Pro, will you have a fix for multiplayer? Playing solo works but something is missing when you try multiplayer
Post by: ProRevenge on May 09, 2015, 07:00:46 pm
Ok, All but fixed co op, added buyable ending and am ready to update, but this error is stopping me:

server script compile error: couldn't find script: animscripts/dog.init.gsc

I know the usual fix is to compile mapname_patch, but that didn't fix it, does anyone know how to fix it so I can update:
Post by: Tim Smith on May 09, 2015, 07:15:32 pm
You didn't credit me i gived you some help right in the chat

BTW. Nice looking map
Post by: ProRevenge on May 09, 2015, 07:16:48 pm
You didn't credit me i gived you some help right in the chat

BTW. Nice looking map

Fixed :)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 09, 2015, 08:00:42 pm
Ok, All but fixed co op, added buyable ending and am ready to update, but this error is stopping me:

server script compile error: couldn't find script: animscripts/dog.init.gsc

I know the usual fix is to compile mapname_patch, but that didn't fix it, does anyone know how to fix it so I can update:
Try creating that folder in your mod and copy that script in from raw

theres no reason why this error would appear from nowhere, what was the last thing you changed?
Post by: ProRevenge on May 09, 2015, 08:03:00 pm
I have done that, still shows up.

What I did was removed all traces of Stranded from my root and mods to desktop, used UGX SP to make a new map called Stranded, Carefully moved the features/scripts across to the new mod, rebuilt mod and recompiled map and patch, Co op error seems to be fixed as the co op mapname is showing as Stranded, but this error is stopping me from doing any testing or releasing the update
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 09, 2015, 08:05:24 pm
were you using script placer Z before?
Post by: ProRevenge on May 09, 2015, 08:05:57 pm
Yes, but I used UGX SP as SPZ was down at the time
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 09, 2015, 08:07:07 pm
Script Placer Z makes changes to the scripts, so if you have taken them straight from your mod (which was originally made with SPZ) it might not work as you will have overwritten UGX script placers scripts when you copied them back

also, did you install the UGX patch from the wiki page?
Post by: ProRevenge on May 09, 2015, 08:08:15 pm
Yes had that installed from before I even started mapping, all the differences from SPZ I can notice are JR-Imagine's header at the top of a few of the scripts
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 09, 2015, 08:29:34 pm
nope, changes significantly more, considering there are options for things like BO1 perks etc
Title: Re: Stranded V1.1 (Fixed Co op)
Post by: monsterr4 on May 10, 2015, 10:34:43 pm
Um, I tried the MEGA link and it says that the file wasn't there
Post by: Rodolphovs on May 10, 2015, 10:45:18 pm
Is it possible to have more than 4 perks at the same time?
I found those perk bottles and thought they would be it but shooting, interacting or knifing did not do anything.

Double Post Merge: May 10, 2015, 10:52:40 pm
Even if it was not your first map it would be impressive.
I have never done a map but i know a few things on how to do them, and congratulations my friend for doing a great job on your first map.
I hope it is not the last.
Post by: Tyraim on May 10, 2015, 11:00:27 pm
Great map. Only problem was the 5 perk limit but hey, can't have it all.

Also where is the 10 point Wunderwaffe on P-a-P Island with green lightning?  :troll:
Post by: tmaaan54 on May 11, 2015, 12:51:04 am
Coop still doesn't work. When we try to load it, it just sits there without loading for as long as we let it.
Post by: lilrifa on May 11, 2015, 02:08:34 am
This map is really quite good, and I look forward to seeing your next map(s).
Post by: ProRevenge on May 11, 2015, 06:35:55 am
To those saying about the 5 perk limit, I accidently set it to 4, but for some reason revive is exempt, I HAVE re uploaded the map to remove the limit, so delete it and redownload to get the latest version
Post by: Tyraim on May 11, 2015, 06:46:22 am
To those saying about the 5 perk limit, I accidently set it to 4, but for some reason revive is exempt, I HAVE re uploaded the map to remove the limit, so delete it and redownload to get the latest version

So no 10 point Wunderwaffe with green lightning then?  :ok:
Post by: Cuznlar on May 11, 2015, 12:50:59 pm
Thx Pro - Ill check it out later today
Post by: dikerivers on May 11, 2015, 04:02:15 pm
This is really good for a first map, i like it. Keep m coming
Post by: DeletedUser on May 11, 2015, 06:05:09 pm
in 1.1 there are problems of freeze huge that make the map unplayable.
Post by: ProRevenge on May 11, 2015, 07:49:37 pm
in 1.1 there are problems of freeze huge that make the map unplayable.

What do you mean? If it is seriously affecting it ill look into it
Post by: DeletedUser on May 11, 2015, 08:15:37 pm
What do you mean? If it is seriously affecting it ill look into it
Sometimes the game freezes for two seconds, when throwing a grenade or a monkey bomb and explodes, if you kill a bunch of zombies....But I tested and it only happens in solo.
Post by: ProRevenge on May 11, 2015, 08:20:20 pm
Im not sure what could be causing it, It is happening on a tutorial map I am messing with atm aswell, not sure how the freezing snook onto Stranded, If I do find an easy fix I MIGHT update it, but at this point I really want to be finished with this map, But if a lot of people report freezing and it seriously starts to affect the map, I will put time aside to fix it
Post by: DeletedUser on May 11, 2015, 08:22:16 pm
Im not sure what could be causing it, It is happening on a tutorial map I am messing with atm aswell, not sure how the freezing snook onto Stranded, If I do find an easy fix I MIGHT update it, but at this point I really want to be finished with this map, But if a lot of people report freezing and it seriously starts to affect the map, I will put time aside to fix it
Okay! Good luck with your next maps. ;)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 12, 2015, 04:26:42 pm
freezes will be a script thing, means youve got a infinite loop somewhere