UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Tutorial Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: AlecKeaneDUB on April 30, 2015, 03:43:56 am

Title: [Tutorial] How to fix solo quick revive (so that zombies don't pile up on you)
Post by: AlecKeaneDUB on April 30, 2015, 03:43:56 am
PLEASE NOTE: This topic is NOT a guide on how to add solo quick revive to your map. This fix is ONLY for if you are using Bam's Black Ops Perks in your map and have already added in solo quick revive. I also take no credit for this fix, as it is in Bam's original tutorial and all credit should and will go to him.

You can find Bam's tutorial on how to add black ops perk into your map here:
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2630.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2630.0)

We've all seen it. That 80% of customs maps that have solo quick revive that doesn't help you in any way, shape, or form. If you're now thinking about a hundred zombies piling up on top of you while you're down, just waiting for you to get back up so that they can instantly knock you right back on your ass, then you're correct!

We all hate that....so why does this problem keep reoccurring? I'm guessing when people read Bam's tutorial for Black Ops perks, they get too overwhelmed and excited to have some fresh, new Black Ops perks in their map, that they completely ignore a very important part of his tutorial. (Or there may be a problem with Script Placer Z, but I don't use that so I can't be sure)

Anyway, this fix is insanely simple and I would really like for new mappers to see how easy the solution is:

- Go into zombiemode.gsc and add this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.revive_point = getEnt("revive_retreat_point","targetname");
Directly under:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
maps\_zombiemode_blockers_new::init();
maps\_zombiemode_spawner::init();
maps\_zombiemode_powerups::init();
maps\_zombiemode_radio::init();
maps\_zombiemode_perks::init();
maps\_zombiemode_tesla::init();
maps\_zombiemode_dogs::init();
maps\_zombiemode_bowie::bowie_init();
maps\_zombiemode_cymbal_monkey::init();
maps\_zombiemode_betty::init();
maps\_zombiemode_timer::init();
maps\_zombiemode_auto_turret::init();

- Now open your map in radiant and add a script_origin where you want your zombies to run to when you go down (for best results, put it in a corner or somewhere players will most likely not be)

- Now press 'N' on your keyboard and enter this KVP:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
targetname : revive_retreat_point

- Save and close your map.

You're done!

PLEASE NOTE: I do not claim any ownership of the solo quick revive script or any of the Black Ops perks/scripts mentioned in this topic. I am merely trying to help out the community by attempting to create a topic that will hopefully be seen by many who do not realize that this will make their map a whole lot more enjoyable.
Title: Re: [Tutorial] How to fix solo quick revive (so that zombies don't pile up on you)
Post by: MZslayer11 on April 30, 2015, 11:57:53 am
Isn't this already in bams tutorial/script?  :poker:
Title: Re: [Tutorial] How to fix solo quick revive (so that zombies don't pile up on you)
Post by: vinnyz500 on April 30, 2015, 12:15:18 pm
it is, and this does not work with script placer Z as far as I know, I already tried
Post by: AlecKeaneDUB on April 30, 2015, 12:41:40 pm
Isn't this already in bams tutorial/script?  :poker:
Yes but it seems that many people overlook it, so I just want to emphasize it
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 30, 2015, 01:13:22 pm
Yes but it seems that many people overlook it, so I just want to emphasize it
You don't think people will overlook this as well?
Post by: DeathBringerZen on April 30, 2015, 02:42:07 pm
You don't think people will overlook this as well?

It's a simple reminder for people who are new and helps new mappers to find the solution easy using the search function. Any posts/guides can be easily overlooked so no harm in adding new guides as long as people are not trying to steal credit or plagiarize.

Post by: MakeCents on April 30, 2015, 07:48:32 pm
I agree with both of you. However I feel I side more with this type of post belonging in the post it pertains too, bams "new" perks, unless he plans on updating to include how to fix/make solo quick revive when you are not using bams "new" perks. Then the title would fit better as well. Or maybe change the title to "What could be wrong with your solo revive if you have bams "new" perks. Not complaining, nor do I care if it is here, just giving my 2 cents, as I fear some may just assume this fixes/makes solo quick revive in general, without having his perks, or a link to his perks to get them, from this post...
Post by: AlecKeaneDUB on April 30, 2015, 10:23:24 pm
I agree with both of you. However I feel I side more with this type of post belonging in the post it pertains too, bams "new" perks, unless he plans on updating to include how to fix/make solo quick revive when you are not using bams "new" perks. Then the title would fit better as well. Or maybe change the title to "What could be wrong with your solo revive if you have bams "new" perks. Not complaining, nor do I care if it is here, just giving my 2 cents, as I fear some may just assume this fixes/makes solo quick revive in general, without having his perks, or a link to his perks to get them, from this post...
I see your point and understand your opinion, so I have added a note at the very top of the post which should clear up any confusing to new mappers about whether or not this makes solo quick without having his perks. Hopefully I have clarified everything that I need to in the topic. If not, let me know