UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Announcements => Topic started by: Delta on April 03, 2015, 11:20:46 pm

Title: [Poll] New server speed
Post by: Delta on April 03, 2015, 11:20:46 pm
Update

Poll has been resetted because of server optimization which should improve page loading times.

Original message

Hey guys,

I would like to know if someone experience faster downloads or faster page loading times after the server move.
( or the opposite )

Simply answer the poll and leave some words if you would like so.

We ( UGX ) want to make sure our site is running great and reliable.
Title: Re: [Poll] New server speed
Post by: daedra descent on April 03, 2015, 11:58:51 pm
Page loading times is definitely slower(voted). If i had to guess the difference is about 1-2 seconds on average.

If i may ask, where is the new server hosted?
Post by: SoulTaker on April 04, 2015, 12:03:53 am
It's faster than usual for me! :D
Post by: DarkWhiss on April 04, 2015, 02:08:43 am
The speed is exactly the same for me.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on April 05, 2015, 10:21:53 pm
i wish i could change my vote because 2 days after the server move, Its alot more slower than my pet rock.
Post by: Dust on April 06, 2015, 10:32:45 am
When the server switch first happened it was about the same as before, but now it has gotten worse than before
Post by: HitmanVere on April 06, 2015, 10:33:40 am
For me its a lot faster than before, loads instantly :P
Post by: JR-Imagine on April 06, 2015, 11:34:50 am
Just to give you an idea:
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FifMEdM9.png&hash=6990346017c32286e96ab5d4c4e13076c2aad990)

That's one of the better results I've gotten. To give you an idea of my average load times:
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FJSfwOuR.png&hash=9031f2be701f0a24dd64f97666e297464634cfae)

Ran a speed test on the website using Pingdom: http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/Z4PXX/ugx-mods.com (http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/Z4PXX/ugx-mods.com)

I barely ever download anything from the map manager etc so I just voted for slower load times. ^
Post by: greeniezk5 on April 06, 2015, 12:16:21 pm
my page load sometimes instant other times slow as hell , if i log out load speed fine ,then i log in and instantly slows right down. also i cannot add any smileys or hyper links , images etc only text, is this related to new server .i keep noticing attachment box with choose file keeps opening when i try to add anything non text

it took 30 secs  to load this post
to modfy this post took 30 secs for page to open
Post by: Ramiabdh on April 06, 2015, 01:26:22 pm
Well, the manager seems at bit faster and the website too. But, sometimes, it still takes time to open the website. And posting posts takes hell a lot of time.
Post by: Dust on April 06, 2015, 01:28:42 pm
also i cannot add any smileys or hyper links , images etc only text, is this related to new server .i keep noticing attachment box with choose file keeps opening when i try to add anything non text

:o Weird, mine seems to work fine. Does it happen on any other browsers?
Post by: Delta on April 06, 2015, 02:34:34 pm
I also have really annoying loading times on Firefox. ( Takes around a "go get a coffee" long )
On chrome it's almost instant.

The difference is not the browser. It's user vs guest.
If I'm a guest it's super fast. As an user... well... I can make a lot of coffee =D

I'll look closer into this. Hopefully this can be addressed and resolved within the next few days.

So far I optimized our HTTP Server and added better caching but that only made it even better for guests^^
Post by: greeniezk5 on April 06, 2015, 03:04:11 pm
:o Weird, mine seems to work fine. Does it happen on any other browsers?
this was on google chrome and it posts fine on other websites but i know some features have been disabled on chrome recently , i have internet explorer i ll try that to see . i noticed when i was logging in to site it mentioned, at bottom of load message, resolving 10 issues before it opened ?

9 seconds to post this time  :) yay internet explorer works , thx for that tip
Post by: Dust on April 06, 2015, 03:43:53 pm
this was on google chrome and it posts fine on other websites but i know some features have been disabled on chrome recently , i have internet explorer i ll try that to see . i noticed when i was logging in to site it mentioned, at bottom of load message, resolving 10 issues before it opened ?

9 seconds to post this time  :) yay internet explorer works , thx for that tip

Ya I use firefox and I have no issues with posting.
Post by: Delta on April 06, 2015, 06:47:36 pm
Poll has been resetted because of server optimization which should improve page loading times.

Please vote again, thanks.
Post by: Ramiabdh on April 06, 2015, 06:52:53 pm
Second to vote, yay. And another thing, I realized that the manager download speed is not constant, it's varying, or keeps going low and high, but better than before.

edit: just noww, the website is taking forever to load.
Post by: KDXDARK on April 06, 2015, 06:53:13 pm
Page load more faster for me :)
Post by: Lukkie1998 on April 06, 2015, 07:09:27 pm
Yay, it's faster now :D You might want to reset the poll for a second run on it.

EDIT: You already reset it, ignore what i said above :D

Lukkie1998
Post by: JBird632 on April 06, 2015, 07:16:31 pm
The site is definitely faster now, but for some reason I can't connect to the chat :/

Edit: Chats all good :)
Post by: DeletedUser on April 07, 2015, 06:45:42 pm
I didn't notice any difference TBH
Post by: Harry Bo21 on April 08, 2015, 01:24:07 am
Some troubles at first, but seems to be running great now :)
Post by: Delta on April 08, 2015, 03:44:52 am
Migrating is never an easy task, I'm glad everything is working well now. =D