UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => The Walking Dead => Topic started by: Dust on March 30, 2015, 11:06:21 pm

Title: [Spoiler] S05E16 "Conquer"
Post by: Dust on March 30, 2015, 11:06:21 pm
TOPIC CONTAINS SPOILERS
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fd.ibtimes.co.uk%2Fen%2Ffull%2F1431251%2Ftwd.jpg&hash=cfdf2962637b4887d3b352b080afcaf3ca3b7909)

So I apologize for not doing the previous episodes reviews. I just didn't have that much time to do them, and a couple episodes didn't have much anyway. I will try to keep up the reviews for season 6 as best I can.

With that being said, this review will be about the super packed 90 minute season finale of season 5, and man did they deliver with this one.

I personally loved the opening where we see Morgan alone in the woods, then all of a sudden, this creepy dude showed up who is the leader of the new villains called the Wolves, which was teased a lot during this back half. At first glance, I thought we was going to see the death of Morgan, which would have been horrible, because another one of the wolves showed up and was about to get the jump on Morgan. Apparently, Morgan has learned some new moves since we last saw him(well for more than a few seconds) back in season 3, and was able to take both the men down, not killing them, just hurting them a lot, to let them know he is not to be messed with.

Back at Alexandria, the towns people still doesn't trust Rick since he tried to kill Pete last episode and pointed a gun at everyone, basically Shane 2.0. Maggie tries to talk to Deanna about Rick, telling her that if she exiles Rick it would never work, you trusted him, and now your stuck with him. They are going to have a meeting later that night to discuss it with everyone.

I really don't know what they are doing with Gabriel's character at this point, in this episode it seems like he wants to die and is offering the zombies to turn him into zombie chow, but then he changes his mind and kills the walkers. Sasha is still unsure of what she wants to do, so she asks Gabriel for advice, he blames her for getting Bob and Tyreese killed. Does he really not remember he banished his people from the church and left them to die back when all of this started, but yet he thinks he can blame someone else for getting people killed?

While Aaron and Daryl is out on a run, they run into a booby trap that was set up by the Wolves, all during this episode we only saw 2 wolves. Not sure how them 2 are capable of setting up booby traps filled with tons of zombies, killing people, stealing from people, and all that with only 2 of them. Could there possibly be more? When Daryl and Aaron seem trapped in a car with tons of zombies surrounding them and no way out, guess who saves the day, its none other than Morgan himself. They invite him to Alexandria, which Morgan refuses. Keep in mind, Daryl has never even seen Morgan face to face until now which is why he didn't recognize him at first. Morgan gives Daryl the map and he puts 2 and 2 again and realizes it is Rick's old friend from when this first started.

During the town meeting, everyone says what they want to say about Rick. All of Ricks group thinks he is a good leader, but all of Alexandria still doesn't fully trust him. When Rick shows up to the meeting, a little late to it, he explains how walkers got into the gates because someone didn't close it. He explains that they all need to change, or they will all die. Pete comes out of nowhere, and says "Your not one of us" to Rick. Rick reaches for his gun, but before he does Pete uses Michonnes sword to slice the neck of Deannas husband, Reg, killing him, at this point Deanna finally realizes what Rick has been saying all along, that they need to get rid of bad people, she coldly says "Rick, do it" then Rick coldly executes Pete, without hesitation, in front of everyone. Just in time for Morgan to walk through the gates and says "Rick?", both of them stares at each other puzzled. Talk about bad timing.

And that wraps up an exciting episode, and an exciting season. Not sure if this finale beats the season 2 finale, which has always been my favorite finale.

Now we are left with a ton of questions.
1. How many people do the wolves have, and how deadly are they?
2. What will Morgan say to Rick about what he just witnessed?
3. Will Deanna finally realize Rick is right, and Rick should be leader of Alexandria?
4. How many more good people have to die by the hands of Michonnes sword?

Anyway, now we have the long wait once again. Luckily we have the walking dead spin off to look forward to this summer.

Discuss the episode here!