UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: turdburgler10 on March 13, 2015, 03:39:50 am

Title: Custom weapons through inventor?
Post by: turdburgler10 on March 13, 2015, 03:39:50 am
So i've had actually training on autodesk inventor proffesional, and i was wondering if inventor .ipt and .iam files could possibly be transfered over to maya for animating and such. If so i feel i could make some cool weapons seeing that inventor is a 3d modeling program, so it might have easier and better 3d tools than, say, maya. tell me what you think and if this is actually possible because i would love to make weapons for the community :)
Title: Re: Custom weapons through inventor?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on March 15, 2015, 07:04:23 am
err? Maya is also 3d modeling and animation software? lol
Post by: JBird632 on March 15, 2015, 07:09:51 am
A simple google search had this pop up as the first result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZlI1gviWj0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZlI1gviWj0)
Post by: turdburgler10 on March 22, 2015, 05:43:00 am
yes, maya can be used for 3d modeling but its main focus is animation while inventor, on the other hand, is strictly 3d modeling so as i said it would have better tools that are more suited for making, say, an ak47, or an m16 ect.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on March 22, 2015, 06:15:51 am
err? Maya is also 3d modeling and animation software? lol

Its just one of the things it does, not the only thing. Frankly i didnt even know it did animating until i was told

;)
Post by: MAK911 on March 22, 2015, 12:28:26 pm
yes, maya can be used for 3d modeling but its main focus is animation while inventor, on the other hand, is strictly 3d modeling so as i said it would have better tools that are more suited for making, say, an ak47, or an m16 ect.
I highly suggest you learn both Maya and Inventor, because Inventor is used in Engineering and Design and is actually amazing for 3d modeling. Very easy to use and n00b friendly. Inventor is good for basic outlines of guns, but Maya will do much better for detailing. Maya can also be used for animating, modeling, and texturing (if you're smart enough) ;)
Post by: turdburgler10 on March 24, 2015, 03:04:18 am
ahh, i see. I would love to learn maya but i dont really know where to look in order to learn the program. any videos you would recommend? :please: