UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: KDXDARK on March 03, 2013, 07:30:24 am

Title: some questions
Post by: KDXDARK on March 03, 2013, 07:30:24 am
i got some questions to do  ;D

1)_ Where i can edit this?
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fk38.kn3.net%2Ftaringa%2F2%2F0%2F1%2F0%2F6%2F4%2F95%2Fugxdarklegion%2F19C.jpg%3F5869&hash=549a7959f0c4fd44bb3088dfcbd50454a465e606)

2)_I wanna add the .gsc files to my mapname.ff, how i do that?, i dont wanna add it to my .iwd

3)_i can edit the menu replacing the ui.ff with another i do?

4)_if i wanna make a game, what i need know to do it?

i got planned do a zombies game(free of course), with normal features, big maps, more zombies, weapons, and that shit :D
Title: Re: some questions
Post by: YaPh1l on March 03, 2013, 11:05:05 am
1)_ Where i can edit this?
raw/english/localizedstrings/menu.str (Don't forget to add it to mod.ff)
2)_I wanna add the .gsc files to my mapname.ff, how i do that?, i dont wanna add it to my .iwd
Edit your map's CSV in zone_source. But why'd you make such an effort? If people want to rip it, they will.
3)_i can edit the menu replacing the ui.ff with another i do?
I would not recomment replacing the ui.ff. Edit the ui files in raw and add them to your mod.ff, that ill overwrite the stock ones without messing with ui.ff.
4)_if i wanna make a game, what i need know to do it?
i got planned do a zombies game(free of course), with normal features, big maps, more zombies, weapons, and that shit :D
I'd say you need several years of programming experience in a language that you are at least very good with. Also, mathematics (3D geometry etc.) and you'd need to create a ton of assets. I assume you're not a big team, so you need to invest many years in the development cause if you really make your own game and not a mod, you'll start with nothing. There's Unity, which will take away all the engine related tasks if you use it, also has an asset store, but it costs money.

- Phil.
Post by: KDXDARK on March 04, 2013, 12:19:28 pm
i wanna add the menu of ugx_mod but not the mod i can do that?
Post by: YaPh1l on March 04, 2013, 12:30:20 pm
Since you have the UI files in the mod's zip, you should be able to add it, I would think at least.

- Phil.
Post by: KDXDARK on March 04, 2013, 12:35:12 pm
Since you have the UI files in the mod's zip, you should be able to add it, I would think at least.

- Phil.
yeah but i need ask to treminaor i can take nothing without his permission