UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: GerardS0406 on February 22, 2015, 09:19:41 pm

Title: Weapon Chance
Post by: GerardS0406 on February 22, 2015, 09:19:41 pm
How do you change the chance of a weapon coming out of the box?
Title: Re: Weapon Chance
Post by: MrDunlop4 on February 22, 2015, 09:35:55 pm
Hey

Im not sure but i think this is impossible. I dont know :/

MrDunlop4
Post by: GerardS0406 on February 22, 2015, 09:37:16 pm
Hey

Im not sure but i think this is impossible. I dont know :/

MrDunlop4
Impossible? But my custom shotgun never shows up, neither does the ae4 but the Thundergun does almost every time...
Post by: MrDunlop4 on February 22, 2015, 09:42:22 pm
Impossible? But my custom shotgun never shows up, neither does the ae4 but the Thundergun does almost every time...

Hmm ask a scripter. I think a scripter knows more than me about this :D

MrDunlop4
Post by: JBird632 on February 22, 2015, 09:45:52 pm
Do you mean it literally never shows up, or that it rarely shows up, 'cause if it doesn't show up at all then you obviously didn't add it properly.
Post by: GrantDaddy007 on February 22, 2015, 10:36:20 pm
I could be wrong but I always thought it had to do with the number given to it in zombiemode_weapons.gsc.

so here is an example:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
include_zombie_weapon_ugx("m60", 						"M60", 							3000,	true,	undefined,									undefined, 	"vox_mg",  		4);

at the very end of the script the number "4" is the rarity of the gun coming out of the box.

Like I said I've never messed with it but I think that is how it's done.
Post by: JBird632 on February 22, 2015, 10:57:24 pm
I could be wrong but I always thought it had to do with the number given to it in zombiemode_weapons.gsc.
No if u read what the function does that number is actually the number of variants for the voiceover quotes that the players would say when you buy the weapon.
Post by: daedra descent on February 22, 2015, 11:14:08 pm
I think your looking for the weight arg in dlc3_code.gsc. Looks like you use a function to determine the weight:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	include_weapon( "ray_gun", true, ::factory_ray_gun_weighting_func );
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 22, 2015, 11:25:51 pm
I think your looking for the weight arg in dlc3_code.gsc. Looks like you use a function to determine the weight:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	include_weapon( "ray_gun", true, ::factory_ray_gun_weighting_func );
There is a stock function for the ray gun, tesla gun and monkeys, but they are quite complicated and make the guns more likely to appear in the box after a certain number of rolls of not seeing it I believe, but there is no simple number you can just change to make guns more rare/common. Also probably you didn't add the guns in dlc3code.gsc if you don't ever get them in a test map which from the looks of your video has no more than 10 guns in it.

On a side note why are all the guns you mentioned not from BO2, I thought you were spending all your time working really hard on making a BO2 mod?  ???
Post by: DeletedUser on February 23, 2015, 12:18:32 am
There is a stock function for the ray gun, tesla gun and monkeys, but they are quite complicated and make the guns more likely to appear in the box after a certain number of rolls of not seeing it I believe, but there is no simple number you can just change to make guns more rare/common. Also probably you didn't add the guns in dlc3code.gsc if you don't ever get them in a test map which from the looks of your video has no more than 10 guns in it.

On a side note why are all the guns you mentioned not from BO2, I thought you were spending all your time working really hard on making a BO2 mod?  ???
This ^ :P
Post by: GerardS0406 on February 23, 2015, 01:12:49 am

Because you don't read the BIG ALL CAPS WORDS WHICH SAY THE BOI GUNS ARE FOR SOMETHING ELSE! ;)
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 23, 2015, 02:24:20 am
Because you don't read the BIG ALL CAPS WORDS WHICH SAY THE BOI GUNS ARE FOR SOMETHING ELSE! ;)
And you didn't read my whole answer to your 'help' question and just focused on the side note...:poker:
Post by: GerardS0406 on February 23, 2015, 04:43:49 am
And you didn't read my whole answer to your 'help' question and just focused on the side note...:poker:
I really don't care anymore, obviously I'm not help to the zombie community so yea  :lol:  :alone:
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 23, 2015, 11:52:28 am
I really don't care anymore, obviously I'm not help to the zombie community so yea  :lol:  :alone:
:ok:
Post by: GerardS0406 on February 23, 2015, 08:44:40 pm
:ok:
BTW for your actual response not just the side note, adding guns to dlc3code is one of the most basic things in adding guns so why would I forget that?
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 23, 2015, 09:17:52 pm
BTW for your actual response not just the side note, adding guns to dlc3code is one of the most basic things in adding guns so why would I forget that?
Adding fire sounds is also one the most basic things, and normal/spc maps.... :poker:
Post by: GerardS0406 on February 23, 2015, 09:19:07 pm
Adding fire sounds is also one the most basic things, and normal/spc maps.... :poker:
Yup ;)  :poker: