UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Downloadable Items for Mappers => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Scripts => Topic started by: DidUknowiPwn on January 27, 2015, 06:55:32 pm

Title: [HUD] DUKIP Exo Zombies HUD V1.1.1 (Update 4/15/15)
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on January 27, 2015, 06:55:32 pm
Hey guys, finally releasing my version of the Exo Zombies HUD it's not 1-1 port because I did it without having the original assets, plus I think mine looks better :/.
This was created for Chromastone10's map, "Exo Zombies" which was shown off first on NGTZombies' channel.

Video/Pictures
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itBuMNLbIa4#ws)
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpuu.sh%2Ff6GwB%2Fc3ea70ffb6.jpg&hash=974cbb150ae8e0dd844caf915c738d76b4f33675) This is updated to include the round counter like Exo ZM.

Credits
DUKIP - Menu Programming and GSC scripting.
Chromastone10 - Some design help.
General Internet - Blood Splatter Texture

Version
1.0 - Initial Release
1.01 - Added missing materials for gamefonts2pc
1.1 - Script fixes
1.1.1 - Script fixes

V1.1.1
mega.co.nz
Title: Re: [HUD] DUKIP Exo Zombies HUD V1
Post by: SparkyMcSparks on January 27, 2015, 07:05:39 pm
Me gusta.
Post by: GTTClan on January 27, 2015, 07:49:08 pm
Thank You For Sharing. :D
Your awesome.  :accepted:
Post by: MZslayer11 on January 28, 2015, 02:37:04 am
Damn dude... you've been working your ass off lately! That scripter rank is well-deserved :)
Post by: Dust on January 28, 2015, 03:21:38 am
Dude, you are amazing! I was just saying when I first played Chromastones map "wouldn't it be awesome to see this hud in every custom zombies map", and then you released it. I was wondering who made the hud for chromastone.

Also glad you edited the round counter, I love the way that sledgehammer did that in Exo Zombies.
Post by: MrSlagovich on January 28, 2015, 05:36:25 am
Me gusta.
:gusta:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 28, 2015, 05:56:50 am
Fancy helping me make a menu sometime (Or do it for me  8) )

lol, just kidding, but i may combe you for some info some time. Good job dude
Post by: chromastone10 on January 28, 2015, 06:26:35 pm
It totally fit my exo map and looked really nice AND was done in a short amount of time, thanks PWN!  :rainbow:
Post by: Dust on January 30, 2015, 01:26:12 am
I finally got around to putting this into my map, and I got 4 missing materials.

fonts/gamefonts2pc_glow
fonts/gamefonts2pc
hud_blood_splatter
hud_slash
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on January 30, 2015, 01:57:59 am
I finally got around to putting this into my map, and I got 4 missing materials.

fonts/gamefonts2pc_glow
fonts/gamefonts2pc
hud_blood_splatter
hud_slash

Use the GDT and the assets provided in the rar folder's texture_assets to fix the hud_slash and hud_blood_splatter.

I have forgotten to include the gamefonts2pc materials, will upload now.

Edit: Updated link, sorry forgot about the fonts materials D:
Title: Re: [HUD] DUKIP Exo Zombies HUD V1.01
Post by: Gabrielle on January 30, 2015, 07:56:09 pm
This looks horrible. No offense to you but offense to SG. I don't like this at all :'(
Post by: Dust on February 01, 2015, 12:19:38 am
I converted the hud_blood_splatter and the hud_slash, and I got the new update, so now I have no more errors in the launcher. But when I launch my map, the font has some weird chinease letters, and when I launch the map, I cant read anything. In fact, the only thing that seems to be working is the hud images that I converted myself. Not sure if I installed it wrong or what  :-\
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on February 01, 2015, 01:56:41 am
I converted the hud_blood_splatter and the hud_slash, and I got the new update, so now I have no more errors in the launcher. But when I launch my map, the font has some weird chinease letters, and when I launch the map, I cant read anything. In fact, the only thing that seems to be working is the hud images that I converted myself. Not sure if I installed it wrong or what  :-\

Make sure if you're using the fonts I supplied, also the fonts that were supplied are renamed to a different folder so it doesn't mess with your original ones. raw/enligsh/fonts rename that to something like fonts_original and the ones that were supplied in the download I think it was fonts_exo or so rename that folder to fonts, compile with the extra CSV lines and include both the gamefonts iwi's into IWD.
Post by: Dust on February 01, 2015, 02:15:01 am
Make sure if you're using the fonts I supplied, also the fonts that were supplied are renamed to a different folder so it doesn't mess with your original ones. raw/enligsh/fonts rename that to something like fonts_original and the ones that were supplied in the download I think it was fonts_exo or so rename that folder to fonts, compile with the extra CSV lines and include both the gamefonts iwi's into IWD.

I should have known to change the fonts_exo_zombies folder name to just fonts. Totally slipped my mind. But now for some reason, the round number is not on the hud. It is not chinease letters or anything, its just invisible. Is that stored in another font that it possibly isnt finding?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out
Post by: MJPWGaming on February 12, 2015, 04:43:33 am
Is it possible someone could tell me how to add it into your map? Sorry Im still noobish about HUDs :)
Post by: X0master on March 31, 2015, 06:03:21 pm
I should have known to change the fonts_exo_zombies folder name to just fonts. Totally slipped my mind. But now for some reason, the round number is not on the hud. It is not chinease letters or anything, its just invisible. Is that stored in another font that it possibly isnt finding?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out
where exactly is the custom round number? all i see was the regular chalk round instead of the custom one ???
Edit: Actually i found already lol
Post by: MikeVLC on April 10, 2015, 12:17:40 am
First, Thank you for your work and for share this nice hud.
I am using Bam Black Ops Perks and this happens with the hud
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FWtgw3cE.jpg%3F1&hash=211cf7e7d84f11087cecef1dcefb3a5edabe6043)
normal perks are in vertical "order" and black ops perks are in horizontal
after a down, only total ammo is visible and number of ammo magazine disappears.
Two more things I d like that the size of the points would be a little bit bigger than now, I dont have idea how to change it and I am using C4 and in the hud is shown in bottom right corner, practically not visible.
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on April 10, 2015, 01:56:45 am
First, Thank you for your work and for share this nice hud.
I am using Bam Black Ops Perks and this happens with the hud
(http://i.imgur.com/Wtgw3cE.jpg?1)
normal perks are in vertical "order" and black ops perks are in horizontal
after a down, only total ammo is visible and number of ammo magazine disappears.
Two more things I d like that the size of the points would be a little bit bigger than now, I dont have idea how to change it and I am using C4 and in the hud is shown in bottom right corner, practically not visible.
Title: Re: [HUD] DUKIP Exo Zombies HUD V1.1
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on April 13, 2015, 04:04:31 pm
Released a small script update, should fix some issues related to clip not showing and a small feature added :p
Post by: Wickermick on April 13, 2015, 04:19:15 pm
Because i'm stoopid, I have literally no idea how to add this into my game, BTW I extracted it into my Mods folder and ran it in-game but nothing changed so IDK  :-[
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on April 13, 2015, 04:59:57 pm
Because i'm stoopid, I have literally no idea how to add this into my game, BTW I extracted it into my Mods folder and ran it in-game but nothing changed so IDK  :-[

Added a tutorial and updated the link for the assets.
Title: Re: [HUD] DUKIP Exo Zombies HUD V1.1.1 (Update 4/15/15)
Post by: brandontr3 on April 16, 2015, 06:14:29 am
Hey i seen this topic and downloaded the link and everything. I get those wierd letters replacing the normal english. I tried everything and i cant figure it out. Is there specific files in the exo zombies folders that have to go to specific cod folderS?
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on April 16, 2015, 03:19:41 pm
Hey i seen this topic and downloaded the link and everything. I get those wierd letters replacing the normal english. I tried everything and i cant figure it out. Is there specific files in the exo zombies folders that have to go to specific cod folderS?
Go to raw/english/fonts rename that to fonts_original, rename fonts_exo_zm to fonts then recompile the mod.ff
Post by: brandontr3 on April 16, 2015, 10:07:24 pm
So in the dukip files there are mods, raw, and texture_assets. So copy and paste the folders mods and texture_Assets into my root directory and then copy and paste raw into the root directory and then rename fonts_exo_zm to fonts then build the mod and compile it again?
Post by: brandontr3 on April 18, 2015, 12:11:06 am
Because i tried everything and it wont work and i know its because im doing it wrong help :o
Post by: TheFriXion on July 15, 2015, 10:07:30 pm
where do i download this
Post by: Lukkie1998 on July 16, 2015, 09:33:38 am
where do i download this

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fii85y1r.jpg&hash=40be4c3cb8f06050f6325580173273211549bf04)

It's on the first page btw ^^

Lukkie1998
Post by: gamer9294 on August 05, 2015, 09:08:22 pm
hi guys,

I love this exo hud tutorial but I get it not working :(

when I have pressed "build mod"  few seconds later I get this and I have extract everything on the current location how it is in the rar. file :)

Code Snippet
Plaintext

ERROR: Couldn't find material 'fonts/gamefonts_pc'
failed loading material 'fonts/gamefonts_pc' for asset 'fonts/bigfont' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'
ERROR: Couldn't find material 'fonts/gamefonts_pc_glow'
failed loading material 'fonts/gamefonts_pc_glow' for asset 'fonts/bigfont' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'

********************************************************************************
UNRECOVERABLE ERROR:
  duplicate menu name 'friendly_arrows'

Linker will now terminate.
********************************************************************************

==================================================
Linker summary:

There were 0 warnings and 5 errors.

Errors:
  failed loading material 'fonts/gamefonts_pc' for asset 'fonts/bigfont' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'
  failed loading material 'fonts/gamefonts_pc_glow' for asset 'fonts/bigfont' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'
  (!) UNRECOVERABLE ERROR: duplicate menu name 'friendly_arrows'

Arguments passed to linker:
  -nopause -language english -moddir nazi_zombie_test mod

I have also what the console says, the files copied to these location but it does not matter and it give me the same error :(

would some one help me with this ?

I use the current version:  1.1.1   today downloaded :)

best regards,
Gamer9294
Post by: Lukkie1998 on August 05, 2015, 09:38:16 pm
hi guys,

I love this exo hud tutorial but I get it not working :(

when I have pressed "build mod"  few seconds later I get this and I have extract everything on the current location how it is in the rar. file :)

Code Snippet
Plaintext

UNRECOVERABLE ERROR:
  duplicate menu name 'friendly_arrows'

Linker will now terminate.

Linker summary:

There were 0 warnings and 5 errors.

Errors:
  (!) UNRECOVERABLE ERROR: duplicate menu name 'friendly_arrows'

Arguments passed to linker:
  -nopause -language english -moddir nazi_zombie_test mod

I have also what the console says, the files copied to these location but it does not matter and it give me the same error :(

would some one help me with this ?

I use the current version:  1.1.1   today downloaded :)

best regards,
Gamer9294

This error means you have the same line multiple times in your .csv, make sure menufile,ui/friendly_arrows.menu is only once in your mod.csv.

Lukkie1998
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on August 06, 2015, 04:34:06 am
This error means you have the same line multiple times in your .csv, make sure menufile,ui/friendly_arrows.menu is only once in your mod.csv.

Lukkie1998
friendly_arrows is part of hud.menu

make sure you're NOT compiling ui/hud.txt OR ui/hud.menu
Post by: gamer9294 on August 06, 2015, 05:30:37 am
oké thank you for helping guys :)

I have it done what you told me and the game is working now but there are few points what maybe not correct is, think I?

I have 2 questions:

1 it still says: 

but the fonts is working ingame :)  only the round numbers is not showing ingame
does it matter then ?

2 it is now not possible to also use the:

trem hintstrings fix ?

from the tutorial:
http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hintstrings_not_updating (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hintstrings_not_updating)

because it needs to use this line function what I need to delete for the duplicate error.

Best regards,
Gamer9294
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on August 06, 2015, 03:25:06 pm
You need gamefonts material it's from the original mod tools so get it there. As for trems hint string of it overrides hud.menu it won't work.
Post by: gamer9294 on August 06, 2015, 04:52:59 pm
You need gamefonts material it's from the original mod tools so get it there. As for trems hint string of it overrides hud.menu it won't work.

okay thank you for reply back,  I will try it out. :)
thank you for helping me.

best regards,
Gamer9294
Post by: Shirolee on August 08, 2015, 02:28:49 am
Hi Can i Ask How to Install this or use This Because I Am really a beginner to this kind of stuff soo can you explain to me how to install this step by step sry if this is really troublesome~~~ but i want to use it and it's a cool hud though ~~ but i don't know how to install it and all that tbh~~~ soo can you tell me step by step 

Thanks in advance ~~ ^_^
Post by: Wickermick on September 23, 2015, 06:58:55 pm
May I ask where is this tutorial?
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on September 23, 2015, 08:39:00 pm
May I ask where is this tutorial?
Inside the RAR?
Convert the texture assets in Asset Manager then rename raw/english/fonts to raw/english/original_fonts, rename rar/raw/english/fonts_exo_zom to fonts whilst placing it in the same directory as original_fonts, copy paste the contents of dukip_mod.csv into your mod.csv and give it a go.