UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: Nathiri on January 27, 2015, 01:47:15 am

Title: Changing Round Sounds Help
Post by: Nathiri on January 27, 2015, 01:47:15 am
I have already added sounds to tom bmx's music box and also added custom menu music and now ive been wanting to change the 2 sounds that play during the transition between the rounds and I tried to follow DualVII's tutorial on it but I have not been able to get it to properly build the sounds for them to show up in the raw/round folder which is where sounds usually show up after being built. I have my 2 sounds that I made all ready to put into the map but I have been unable get it to work.
Title: Re: Changing Round Sounds Help
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 27, 2015, 05:58:23 am
wait?

Isnt this a sound effect? So shouldnt you put it in the raw folder?

I used audacity to convert anything that needed it, then put them in the rawfolder. Assigned them in a sound alias and then built sounds. Then compiled and they work?

Or is it different because its the "rounds sound"?
Post by: HitmanVere on January 27, 2015, 08:09:15 am
wait?

Isnt this a sound effect? So shouldnt you put it in the raw folder?

I used audacity to convert anything that needed it, then put them in the rawfolder. Assigned them in a sound alias and then built sounds. Then compiled and they work?

Or is it different because its the "rounds sound"?

Some sounds dont work without converting them throught Launcher

What do you use to make the sound? Filetype should be always .wav
Post by: Nathiri on January 27, 2015, 08:14:55 am
I used audacity to convert it to .wav format.
Post by: Nathiri on January 27, 2015, 08:18:39 am
It was actually always .wav format because I put together different sounds from waw to make the custom round sounds.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 27, 2015, 10:12:29 am
would I be right in thinking you need to put them in the "sound_assets" folder for these kinds of sounds?
Post by: HitmanVere on January 27, 2015, 10:25:52 am
would I be right in thinking you need to put them in the "sound_assets" folder for these kinds of sounds?

Yes. Sound needs to be in sound_assets/raw/sounds(or sound, at school, dont remember)/ folder specified in soundalias/sound file
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 27, 2015, 10:48:26 am
ok cool, I noticed there was a "raw" folder in the sound assets folder

Ill take it whatever subdirectory its in there, itll be produced in the same sub directory in raw/sounds and if the folder doesnt exist it is created?
Post by: sevengpluke on January 27, 2015, 12:37:01 pm
I have already added sounds to tom bmx's music box and also added custom menu music and now ive been wanting to change the 2 sounds that play during the transition between the rounds and I tried to follow DualVII's tutorial on it but I have not been able to get it to properly build the sounds for them to show up in the raw/round folder which is where sounds usually show up after being built. I have my 2 sounds that I made all ready to put into the map but I have been unable get it to work.

Change the path of the round change alias to something different. Then copy your sounds to that same path in your mods.
Post by: Nathiri on January 27, 2015, 08:34:55 pm
Alright i'll try what you said. And yes I had put them in sound assets and then had a sound alias file call it just as in the tutorial and it's supposed to then go to the raw/sound folder after building sounds if it was done properly.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 27, 2015, 09:03:08 pm
I remember Bluntstuffy mentioning that some wavs wouldnt work for him either, but he changed it to (I think) 24 bit and they worked

I cant remember exactly what he said now, but it was along those lines. Some work, some dont, so he converted the ones that wouldnt.

They were already .WAV, but he changed some other setting when exporting the second time
Post by: Nathiri on January 27, 2015, 09:22:24 pm
Well I just added a part from a couple sounds in waw and put them together with the default round sounds.

Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 28, 2015, 03:29:57 am
to do that, I assume you had to export a single file at the end

Its that single file thats the issue, not the original sounds themselves

Use audacity and make sure to export it correctly
Post by: Nathiri on January 28, 2015, 03:56:43 am
I used audacity to put them together and then i exported the audio and saved it as a .wav format. I originally had it in 16bit format but i did it again in 8bit format and it hasnt made a difference.

I then put it in sound_assets/raw/sound/round_sounds which is the path that the tutorial gave. Then the _round_template file in soundaliases is supposed to call it. And in mod.csv it has a link to it as well. After building the sounds it should then show up in raw/sound folder which usually confirms it successfully built the sound.

According to the tutorial it doesnt need to be in the mod folder because it is loaded into the ff file. But i tried that anyway and i didnt get it to work.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 28, 2015, 07:38:32 am
I think stuffy said the ones that wouldnt work to 24 bit?

Only certain sounds need to be in the mod folder

Gun sound effects for example do not. But music does, and im guessing this too

If your around in an hour I will check it out for ya

It might just be a sound alias issue
Post by: Nathiri on January 28, 2015, 08:58:02 am
Yeah I think its because the file isnt calling the sounds properly.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 29, 2015, 07:43:18 am
If the sound moved to RAW when you BUILD SOUNDS it should be working?

can you show us the sound alias
Post by: Nathiri on January 29, 2015, 09:19:24 pm
Alright. It's pretty much the same as the download package, just as a test I did change one thing.

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1239.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fff511%2Fspyro17%2FScreenshot_1.png&hash=c8f17e6dc68133072a04654b3d852f066fc26251) (http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/spyro17/media/Screenshot_1.png.html)