UGX-Mods

Contests => Past Contests => YouAlwaysWin Zombie Map Contest 2014 => Topic started by: treminaor on January 17, 2015, 04:07:16 pm

Title: YouAlwaysWin Zombie Map Contest 2014 Winners Announced!
Post by: treminaor on January 17, 2015, 04:07:16 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVhwMvJIKIw#ws (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVhwMvJIKIw#ws)

First place: Snowglobe by JBird632
Second place: Christmas Warehouse by Steviewonder97 and BluntStuffy
Third Place: Thirty Seven by RDV
Honorable Mentions: Snowy Ornament by HitmanVere and Ege115, Civil Nativity by SirJammy and Lukkie1998, and Trailer Park by Grantdaddy007

If your map is in the video above, please PM GUNNS4HIRE (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=4647) on UGX with your PayPal address so that your prize money can be sent to you.
Title: Re: YouAlwaysWin Zombie Map Contest 2014 Winners Announced!
Post by: DeletedUser on January 17, 2015, 04:10:20 pm
I somehow find it ironic that most top maps had custom guns and stuff. Like they had an impact on score :P
Post by: MAK911 on January 17, 2015, 04:12:25 pm
I somehow find it ironic that most top maps had custom guns and stuff. Like they had an impact on score :P
Ray, the score for each map in the three places was 22. Your map's score was 6.
Post by: chromastone10 on January 17, 2015, 04:13:36 pm

cause after seeing the ugx guns for the 500-and-blechTH time its refreshing to see something new
Post by: HitmanVere on January 17, 2015, 04:15:37 pm
I am very happy with honorable mention :) Thanks guys for supporting from start to finish with mine and Eges map :D
Post by: DeletedUser on January 17, 2015, 04:17:29 pm
cause after seeing the ugx guns for the 500-and-blechTH time its refreshing to see something new
I did want to put in new guns too, but the goddamn FX limit is fucking stupid.
Post by: Dust on January 17, 2015, 04:21:45 pm
I figured snowglobe and Warehouse would win 1st and 2nd places, but I am actually surprised 37 won 3rd place.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the map, I just wasn't expecting it.
Post by: sevengpluke on January 17, 2015, 04:22:29 pm
Congrats to all the contest winners. :P
Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on January 17, 2015, 04:33:23 pm
I did want to put in new guns too, but the goddamn FX limit is fucking stupid.

This is why this community desperately needs some indie developer to basically make another Zombie game that copies WaW Zombies but using an updated engine and perhaps some easier tools. 

Also, if we ever have another Map Contest, we will be sure to provide mappers with more time so that you can work out the kinks and optimize your maps.
Post by: Alerion on January 17, 2015, 04:38:41 pm
Thank you again for the great opportunity and the awesome contest! (Even though you almost forgot my submission:P)

It was a great experience testing out what an actual deadline means which is why I actually like the 2-month-limit.
Also I wouldn't have had an excuse not to use custom weapons if we had more time:D

MAK mentioned some figures of the rating, are you going to release an overall ranking?
Post by: RamboBadass on January 17, 2015, 04:45:33 pm
This is why this community desperately needs some indie developer to basically make another Zombie game that copies WaW Zombies but using an updated engine and perhaps some easier tools. 

Also, if we ever have another Map Contest, we will be sure to provide mappers with more time so that you can work out the kinks and optimize your maps.

Time was my nail in the coffin
Post by: rdvlpr on January 17, 2015, 04:46:51 pm
Wow i'm really happy with 3rd place, Thanks for having this awesome contest.
Post by: Lukkie1998 on January 17, 2015, 04:49:20 pm
Thank you for organizing this awesome contest, and i'm really happy with the result.

Lukkie1998
Post by: DeathBringerZen on January 17, 2015, 05:08:01 pm
Thank you GUNNSFORHIRE for a fantastic competition, and a massive congratulations to JBird and all who participated.

It was great seeing these maps come to fruition, and even better seeing them in action. Hope to see another competition soon! :D
Post by: steviewonder87 on January 17, 2015, 05:22:57 pm
Thanks a lot for picking our map as 2nd place! ;D And it was a nice touch for you to do the honorable mentions as well  :)
Post by: BluntStuffy on January 17, 2015, 05:58:51 pm
WOW! Awesome, thanks guys!
I loved watching all the other maps, and really enjoyed the contest. Hope there are going to be more of them in the future!
Post by: jjbradman on January 17, 2015, 07:10:30 pm
yay we didnt won shit :D
Post by: chromastone10 on January 17, 2015, 10:13:23 pm

I dont think its that, I think its just because we had to start out with the ugx mod which already takes up some space :/ A little extra time would have been great too, cause the contest happened right around the time advanced warfare came out so I spent my time on that and ran out of time for the contest which is my fault :P but when you guys do the next contest give maybe an extra month idk
Post by: whippytrout on January 17, 2015, 11:49:30 pm
I loved participating in the contest. I hope to see more in the future. This was a huge learning experience for me and I had a ton of fun mapping.   ;D

Post by: Centric on January 18, 2015, 03:42:37 am
Could we get a list of every map and the rating it got? I'd love to see how bad mine did :)
Post by: mrshhh on January 18, 2015, 03:56:31 am
My unofficial list of how it should have been!!

I say winners should have been

1-Christmas Warehouse- I did beat the Easter Egg and have videos for it...
2-North Company- Beat Easter Egg have videos for it....
3-Snow Globe- Beat Easter Egg and have video for it....
4-Snowy Ornament- Beat Easter Egg and have video for....

I only say it should be in this order because of difficulty of Easter Egg and Detail/Fun in the map!!!  IDK what you guys went off of....
Post by: steviewonder87 on January 18, 2015, 03:59:59 am

I only say it should be in this order because of difficulty of Easter Egg and Detail/Fun in the map!!!  IDK what you guys went off of....
Not gonna argue with that  ;D
Btw you know North Company wasn't officially entered because YAW couldn't get it to run right?
Post by: jjbradman on January 18, 2015, 04:09:55 am

1- my map
2- my map
3- my map :v

just kidding, but yeah, yaw first 3 places had some of the better easter eggs i've seen in custom zombies i was thinking that if north company would have made it, how the list would have been?
Post by: timelordalex on January 18, 2015, 11:49:33 am
Thank you GUNNSFORHIRE for a fantastic competition, and a massive congratulations to JBird and all who participated.

It was great seeing these maps come to fruition, and even better seeing them in action. Hope to see another competition soon! :D

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FFRfdhDt.jpg&hash=ee9242f8fbd5f58f374f62ee0669e89ccb95c1b9)
Post by: mrshhh on January 18, 2015, 02:21:36 pm
Not gonna argue with that  ;D
Btw you know North Company wasn't officially entered because YAW couldn't get it to run right?

maybe they should AMD V-cards cause it worked fine for me... lol
Post by: GrantDaddy007 on January 18, 2015, 04:06:26 pm
I agree with the standings! The top 3 picked definitely deserve to be there! 

Adding Honorable mentions was very cool!!! Thank you guys so much!

look forward to more contest in the future!!  8)
Post by: CanadianTyler on January 22, 2015, 06:19:08 am

This is something i've been playing for years. Id like to make a game like cod4/waw with a zombies like mode that is very customizable. I just need some programers and to make a kickstarter. Maybe next year.
Post by: JWofle on January 25, 2015, 11:06:11 pm
Yeah that's how you win 'mapping' contests, by focusing on the mod.
(I stand by that statement however, snowglobe is a stunning map and jbird deserves to win and whatnot)
Post by: BraXi on February 02, 2015, 01:06:34 pm
This is something i've been playing for years. Id like to make a game like cod4/waw with a zombies like mode that is very customizable. I just need some programers and to make a kickstarter. Maybe next year.

Never Team Up with the Idea Guy (http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1297/entry-2254641-never-team-up-with-the-idea-guy/)
Post by: JWofle on February 04, 2015, 12:06:30 pm
You must be mad because what you just said is so wrong. You're saying you want to make a game but you have no experience in making games so you'll just hire people to make it for you? Then you said you'd make a kickstarter  :fuuu:
Kickstarters aren't as good as people think, a lot of the time they fail after they're funded or in your case, it won't even be funded. The reason being that there ARE SO MANY zombies games and when you want to make (well you're not making it, so when you want to give ideas for) this game you'll realise just making it zombies is a silly idea.
#rantover.

Never Team Up with the Idea Guy (http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1297/entry-2254641-never-team-up-with-the-idea-guy/)
Never team up with BraXi  :troll:
Post by: nightkiller79 on February 13, 2015, 09:20:13 am
good job who ever made the maps u really done good every on that watch yaw (youallwayswin) video then they must have played your map so good job every body