UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Announcements => Topic started by: Dust on January 16, 2015, 08:18:38 am

Title: Regarding COD online and GunofTruth
Post by: Dust on January 16, 2015, 08:18:38 am
Because of recent events, everyone who gave their pass to GunofTruth to get him to activate Call of Duty Online for them should change their pass right away. If you use the same pass for anything else, I would also change it on that as well.

I don't want to go into to much detail, but members of the forum had their account hacked into and we suspect it is to do with GunofTruth, since he is probably mad about getting banned yesterday, and he is the more likely candidate.

This is probably nothing to worry about, but better to be safe than sorry, right?

If you have any questions, message me or one of the staff and we will answer them for you.
Title: Re: Regarding COD online and GunofTruth
Post by: treminaor on January 16, 2015, 09:23:23 am
Additional clarification: The site itself was not compromised. The reason some accounts where compromised today was because those users did not use a unique password for their forum account. Their password was compromised from signing up to CoD Online, and the "hacker" (assuming it was GunofTruth) simply guessed that they used the same password for both CoD Online and this forum. So it's really the users who are to blame for poor password habits.

Moral of the story: get a password generator and a password management application such as KeePass or LastPass.
Post by: HitmanVere on January 16, 2015, 10:13:08 am
Seems like it was good thing that I never signed in CoD OL after all, laziness ftw  :D
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on January 16, 2015, 02:27:42 pm
Seems like it was good thing that I never signed in CoD OL after all, laziness ftw  :D
Yep  8) You, me and a whole lot of others
Post by: DeletedUser on January 16, 2015, 02:52:39 pm
God bless the "Change password" option
Post by: CyberMan1011 on January 16, 2015, 02:56:51 pm
Why was GunOfTruth banned yesterday?
Post by: Psy0ch on January 16, 2015, 05:41:29 pm
Didnt get hijacked
why was he banned?
Post by: treminaor on January 16, 2015, 05:57:50 pm
Didnt get hijacked
why was he banned?
For threatening to DDOS users in the chat, insulting and berating staff members, and all the other things he's done that we let him slide by.
Post by: Psy0ch on January 16, 2015, 06:10:13 pm
For threatening to DDOS users in the chat, insulting and berating staff members, and all the other things he's done that we let him slide by.
he treathed ddos?
what did i miss? o0
can i have pictures?
Post by: tomikaze on January 16, 2015, 06:12:08 pm
he treathed ddos?
what did i miss? o0
can i have pictures?
Oh buddy, you don't wanna see the pictures. No, no!
Post by: steviewonder87 on January 16, 2015, 06:14:04 pm
Hitman's got them all in a folder on his desktop now if you wanna see them Psy0ch ;)
Post by: DeletedUser on January 16, 2015, 06:20:22 pm
Oh buddy, you don't wanna see the pictures. No, no!
I'm still in the "Ewwwwww" state
Post by: HitmanVere on January 16, 2015, 06:22:10 pm
Hitman's got them all in a folder on his desktop now if you wanna see them Psy0ch ;)

Nah, that would be Ray, since he still has it in ZM, lol
Post by: HitmanVere on January 16, 2015, 11:44:23 pm

Note to this comment: I DO NOT HAVE PICS! Dont freaking send me PM about them, people, sheezz
Post by: MrSlagovich on January 17, 2015, 12:39:03 am
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FBBAwJ0w.png&hash=19863b2bf80ff46a9ca3e7f95603758687ed52c5)
Post by: Centric on January 17, 2015, 12:47:56 am
What was he asking?
Post by: MrSlagovich on January 17, 2015, 01:09:30 am
He was demanding to know who sent Chroma CoD online models as GunOfTruth seems to think he owns them. When Chroma didn't tell him who gave him them (which he didn't have to anyway it's none of his business) he then threatened to DDoS Chroma, we bundled that with him being banned before multiple times and warned for months about his behavior and he wouldn't listen so we banned him. He had chance after chance and he wouldn't learn.
Post by: jjbradman on January 17, 2015, 01:20:26 am
He was demanding to know who sent Chroma CoD online models as GunOfTruth seems to think he owns them. When Chroma didn't tell him who gave him them (which he didn't have to anyway it's none of his business) he then threatened to DDoS Chroma, we bundled that with him being banned before multiple times and warned for months about his behavior and he wouldn't listen so we banned him. He had chance after chance and he wouldn't learn.
lol so this means that guns wont be around the forums ever again? even with another account?
Post by: MrSlagovich on January 17, 2015, 01:27:09 am
lol so this means that guns wont be around the forums ever again? even with another account?
He is no longer welcome on this site. He can't access his account anymore as it's permanently banned. Nothing stopping him making from making another account but it's against the rules to have 2 accounts so if we find out he has another account we will also ban that.
Post by: Dust on January 17, 2015, 01:28:36 am
He will most likely come into the forum again under a new alias but don't worry, he won't last long before we find out :D
Post by: MAK911 on January 17, 2015, 02:33:00 am
He will most likely come into the forum again under a new alias but don't worry, he won't last long before we find out :D
Like n1?
Post by: moonmaster1 on January 17, 2015, 04:18:04 am
Heavy stuff, was guns also the guy who Ddos'ed the site last month?

Probably not my business but I am rather curious as the site is usually well maintained.

Also, Is Call of Duty Online available to U.S. Players now?
Post by: chromastone10 on January 17, 2015, 06:30:11 am
Heavy stuff, was guns also the guy who Ddos'ed the site last month?

Probably not my business but I am rather curious as the site is usually well maintained.

Also, Is Call of Duty Online available to U.S. Players now?

Its not available in the US but US players are still able to get on, and its obvious they know because they used the actor of captain america in there cod online trailer  :lol:
Post by: Billybob217 on January 17, 2015, 04:46:05 pm
I was keen on that cyborg zombies mod he kept going on about :c Hope someone else can do it then :3 Would make a great mutator to the ugx mod just saying ;)
Post by: treminaor on January 17, 2015, 10:12:14 pm
Would make a great mutator to the ugx mod just saying ;)
Not going to happen.
Post by: adfgdagasdf2 on January 18, 2015, 12:06:58 am
Not going to happen.

Aww, killjoy.
Post by: BioAftermath on January 19, 2015, 07:27:28 pm
Is this the reason that I'm having issues with playing CoD Online? It did some update (Which I looked up and seemed to fit and was pretty big) but then I couldn't play. The only button that I could click lead to a download of the game. Everything is so hard to read in Chinese when you don't know Chinese...
Post by: tomikaze on January 19, 2015, 07:31:26 pm
the ugx mod
Not going to happen.
What I heard.
Post by: DeletedUser on January 21, 2015, 01:20:34 am
So today i had a talk with GunofTruth and this is what he said to me

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2Ffdf67ec324c624a35d19fb0b15c46853.png&hash=d97f35cedfbb246f24276964a018bdc075f78485)
Post by: DeletedUser on January 21, 2015, 02:00:09 am

(http://i.gyazo.com/fdf67ec324c624a35d19fb0b15c46853.png)
Hehe, MAK is great with grabbing assets isn't he? :troll:
Post by: chromastone10 on January 21, 2015, 04:47:30 pm

(http://i.gyazo.com/fdf67ec324c624a35d19fb0b15c46853.png)

Orignally it wasnt trolling, I actually WAS going to ask n1 for the cod online mystery box, but I was wondering how he would react and after being threatened im not gonna use any cod online models anyway so Gun won I guess :P
Post by: MAK911 on January 22, 2015, 02:34:50 am
Hehe, MAK is great with grabbing assets isn't he? :troll:
Shhhh....... If they find out my secrets, I'm dead.