UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: P0rkRoyalz on January 21, 2013, 02:31:59 pm

Title: kino styled teleporter cable?
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on January 21, 2013, 02:31:59 pm
im sure it would be possible but how would you make it so when the teleporter is linked together a cable (cylinder brush) would have the teleporter_glow_scroll texture applied to it and move along the cable like it does in kino der toten thanks
(http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t520/SMWFTW/teleportercable_zps4b831f21.png)
Title: Re: kino styled teleporter cable?
Post by: YaPh1l on January 21, 2013, 02:40:35 pm
You can make the texture scroll in AssMan (not exactly sure how). For changing it with the teleporter, you need to have your cable two times, one with off, the other with on texture. Make them script_brushmodels and then you can show / hide them via script.

- Phil.
Post by: SajeOne on January 21, 2013, 03:37:18 pm
in ass-man you can either use texture scroll or sublayer scroll(depends on the situation) which btw the material needs to be a ModelPhong for the texture scroll option as far as I know.
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on January 22, 2013, 09:55:35 am
in ass-man you can either use texture scroll or sublayer scroll(depends on the situation) which btw the material needs to be a ModelPhong for the texture scroll option as far as I know.
i found what you mean by the scrolling option and its modelphong but it doesnt seem to work what textures would i have to use for the sublayerscroll, the scrolling texture and the cable texture?
Post by: sethnorris on January 15, 2014, 10:53:39 pm
I achieved the scripting part with some help in the forums, look for hidding/showing brushes. If I can get scrolling texture to work, I can get this totally working