UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: daedra descent on November 28, 2012, 01:35:19 am

Title: Script/modding debug
Post by: daedra descent on November 28, 2012, 01:35:19 am
i have added the type99_lmg from MP, called all of the needed models, fixed the sound, but there is just a small problem, the type99 is somehow a limited weapon like the tesla gun in the aspect that it can only be bought once and cannot buy ammo from it.

also when i PAP the gun i get:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
unknown weapon 'type99_lmg_upgraded" in get weaponmodel

and lastly, is it possible to change the clip display for a gun?

Title: Re: Script/modding debug
Post by: Earth on November 28, 2012, 01:52:20 am
not too sure about the first part, it's odd it doesn't work automatically. just a thought though, perhaps having the weapon's price the same price as another gun, so that it knows how to divide the points I guess?
the error is a little odd too, have you made the type99_lmg_upgraded file? I know that if you make the upgraded one but it's the same exact stats as the non-pap'd one, you'll get an error.
for the clip display, yes, but i forgot what it was you had to find, I think there are some weapon editors that do this for ya.
Title: Re: Script/modding debug
Post by: daedra descent on November 28, 2012, 02:00:16 am
not too sure about the first part, it's odd it doesn't work automatically. just a thought though, perhaps having the weapon's price the same price as another gun, so that it knows how to divide the points I guess?
the error is a little odd too, have you made the type99_lmg_upgraded file? I know that if you make the upgraded one but it's the same exact stats as the non-pap'd one, you'll get an error.
for the clip display, yes, but i forgot what it was you had to find, I think there are some weapon editors that do this for ya.

slight correction to my other post, if you trade the type99 for another gun, you can rebuy it, but can't buy ammo.

i pretty much just copied the original file (not upgraded) and changed some stats as well as the name of the file and gun.

i have also uploaded a copy of the map, if you got the time.

map:
Spoiler: click to open...
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6wbroq7lqqwt386