UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: daedra descent on November 26, 2012, 05:52:54 am

Title: asylum voice acting in der reise
Post by: daedra descent on November 26, 2012, 05:52:54 am
i know that you can rename your maps sounds (der reise) and replace it with asylum hero voice acting, but what about Pack A Punch? will it cause some type of game crashing error?

On a small unrelated note, i'm not sure if coop works (last time i tried to play coop, well it didn't work) and am looking for some people to test this as my internet connection sucks terrible at the moment, and am lucky if i can even upload the map (Will give map files if needed.)

Title: Re: asylum voice acting in der reise
Post by: treminaor on November 26, 2012, 10:06:02 am
i know that you can rename your maps sounds (der reise) and replace it with asylum hero voice acting, but what about Pack A Punch? will it cause some type of game crashing error?
I can tell you exactly what happens, because I did the same thing for Comosea. It will cause intermittent 1-3 second freezes due to script infinite loop errors caused by missing sounds (assuming you disable all traces of Der Reise voices). It also requires some crafty soundalias work and scripting fixes which I don't have time to go in depth with right now. You might try asking Aidan, he was working with me on it.
Title: Re: asylum voice acting in der reise
Post by: daedra descent on November 26, 2012, 07:35:37 pm
I can tell you exactly what happens, because I did the same thing for Comosea. It will cause intermittent 1-3 second freezes due to script infinite loop errors caused by missing sounds (assuming you disable all traces of Der Reise voices). It also requires some crafty soundalias work and scripting fixes which I don't have time to go in depth with right now. You might try asking Aidan, he was working with me on it.

k