UGX-Mods

Everything Else => Computer Tech => Topic started by: MZslayer11 on November 24, 2014, 02:23:28 am

Title: Laptop screen as ps3 Monitor
Post by: MZslayer11 on November 24, 2014, 02:23:28 am
Hello everyone! I'm looking for some input on this topic and any help is appreciated. What I want to do is use my laptop screen as a monitor for my ps3. I know there are a few options that might work but I would like to hear what you guys recommend.

My first option is using an HDMI cable. This will not work for me because my laptop is HDMI Out only, and will not accept an incoming signal from the PS3.

Another option I have considered it an AVI -> USB converter or an HDMI -> USB converter. I have seen a few AVI ones on amazon.com but most/all of them are designed for game/video capture from the ps3/xbox/camcorder, and what I really want is just a plain adapter. If I can find nothing else, I will probably just go with This One (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049RZFBY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687582&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0019SSSMY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1EAHWJC2NG6A37HEJGJW) and see how it goes. I dont know if any HDMI ones exist but that would probably be even better.

Those are the only options I know of but if you have something that might work for me, let me know! A concern I have is the resolution. Also, how I would actually get the picture to show up on screen. How would I set it up on my PC? What would I click to see the picture? would I need to install any drivers?

Thanks for any help and suggestions in advance!
Title: Re: Laptop screen as ps3 Monitor
Post by: adfgdagasdf2 on November 24, 2014, 03:06:26 am
Believe me, I've gone down this alley before. There's nothing to see here; I haven't found a solution outside of a converter or a whole new damn laptop. If only Microsoft would be kinder to us PS3-ers...